***Urgent!!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrappy

Legacy Member
Ok this is stupid of me but I was changing my spark plug wires and I'm pretty sure I reversed two of the wires on the distributor. Does anyone have the order they are sposed to go on for a B16...probly the same as other hondas...I just don't want to damage anything :( ..so please let me know if you have a diagram or something.

thanks but what is the proper order for the plugs to go on to the distributor? Right now if you look at the distributor from top to bottom i have them like this

1 2

4 3

Is this wrong? I think I mixed the top two?

do you know where number 1 is on the distributor cap? also you knoe the rotation of the the rotor inside the cap? once you know where 1 is and if the rotation is clockwise the next stub on teh right of number 1 out of the cap is 3 and next one 4 and next 2.

I just thought about it...if I don't have them in the right place...they will cause the engine to misfire anyway wouldnt it? Thus I think I have them in the right place!

best way to find out, remove the wires one at a time from the cap and see if the rpm drops, if it does then they are put on right, if there is no change then you have them on wrong

Nader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back