Cost to rebuild an engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin_a

I have an engine that needs to be rebuilt, its Talon tsi AWD and i would like to know what the price on that would be around. Does anyone know what it costs ?

for a fully rebuilt talon motor and head; labour/machining and parts will come up to around 3500-4000$ (Stock rebuild)

GC8ADAM said:
for a fully rebuilt talon motor and head; labour/machining and parts will come up to around 3500-4000$ (Stock rebuild)

in other words, not worth it !!! :)

the reason it is not worth it is because the engine will need a rebuild within another 100 000 km, hehehehe especially if you plan on boosting it up

Nader

this is absolutly ridiculous guys 3500$ you are going to get steal for that price.

i know one guy a good mecanic he will do it for less than 1000$

grognegrogne said:
this is absolutly ridiculous guys 3500$ you are going to get steal for that price.

i know one guy a good mecanic he will do it for less than 1000$
Yeah right :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Considering parts alone cost about that;)

I guess he works for free because he made his money and doesn't need more :dunno:

For a real rebuild not a freshen up you need:
Rod bearings
Main bearings
Thrust bearings
Complete gasket set
Oil Pump
Pistons
Rings
polish or turn the crank
Rebuild head, guides and valves ?
Balancer iliminator kit
Bore & hone
Hot tank
Timing belt
Water pump
Tensioner?
As a minimum plus labor to take apart and put together, plus remove and install!!!

Ask before you post what the difference between 3500 and 1000 is and you will see that we are talking about a rebuild and your mechanic is talking about a repair;)

Last edited:
what if he simply finds another tsi engine and swaps it ... would it come out cheaper that way ?

I would guesstimate that if you had another engine a swap would cost roughly 2000$... but don't take my workd for it, I've never done a ES, I'm thinking half-assed logically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back