KYB AGX, Tokico Illuminas, Tokico Blues, Koni Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxJDMCivicxX

Legacy Member
Out of the three what would you pick? They will probably be matche up with Ground Control Coilovers with Custom Spring rates probably 350lb/Front and 400lb/Rear. I'm pretty sure AGX can't handle it but some ppl say they do. The blues seem to be the best bang for buck but I'm not sure what the warranty is and I know the Konis and Illuminas are both lifetime warranty. Anyone have any decisions on both. Full Coilovers would be an option but I don't think there are any with these stiff spring rates.

Koni yellow's are my pick, without hesitation. Sold tons of them and only got positive feedback... can't say the same about the rest. Inform yourself about koni coil-overs!!! that's probably the best setup out there along with H&R coil-overs...

I'd go with the yellow as well...tested on so many cars...
You'll get a lot of advantages with the yellows that you don't have with the other ones...
We sell all of them..we've tested all of them...there's only one winner...

I would love dampening adjustable full coils but I wanna know if I could get around that spring rate with full coilovers can I get them to that stiff? The only reason I don't like koni is for the price there quite costly and with comparing with friends that have the setup I want they say Illuminas/AGX are just as good.

Koni's are lifetime warranty like the shock that you talked about, but they are the only one that you can revalve. ( meaning you can after a couple of years, send them to koni and they will make it brand new again , new gaz, ring , everything new. )

Koni does R&D for F1 cars, did you know that, one of the world leader without a doubt !
call for pricing, recently, i was able to get koni cheaper than tokico.

Almost as if i would ask you , for the same price would you like a vw or a porsche ;)

JF@TRACRACINGDEPOT

450-472-0676 ext 202 seb or jf

Get what you pay for applys to a certain extent but after someone having the same setup and putting it through the same abuse with both products and coming out almost similar i'm leaning towards the cheaper one. Lifetime warranty as well on the tokicos revalving won't be needed i'll probably sell the car by then. Ya i know koni does R&D for F1 cars so they are trusted in my books but no matter how much research they do in my case is there is no real need for over kill. If I wanted to go all out I could go for a full coilover setup by JIC but no need too. i'll pm one of you guys for prices thanks.

Guys, I just installed Koni Sport Shocks with Tein Springs in my 2002 Civic and since the other day, my front right tire is not bouncing anymore. It could be the shocks that is the problem or the springs. I am bringing my car to the garage asap on Monday. I don't drag race at all... not even in a regular street. Other than my story, does anyone has any problem with their Koni Shocks?

*banghead*

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117731

I run my car with GC and 400 fronts and 450 rears. With Tokico Illuminas without issues and work EXCELLENT on the street. On the stiffist setting they give me neck pains on the street and highway........

If you plan to head to the track..........get the KONI YELLOWS...............my tokicos work OK for the track but the are is not over damped enough. I will be getting some Koni's next year........

Overdamping is oke on a race car......over damping is what make for a super stiff fell to your ride (along with stiff rates) since the dampening is so harsh. On the street my cars is firm but very very easy going with the shocks set to 3 on 5.

BUT this is for a 2150 lbs car.....

It all depends on what you want to do, Tokico is a lifeitme warranty too so if they leak of stop working then you get new ones.

MY 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back