changing the fuel pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adjustable FPRs are adjusted mechanically...you could ghetto-rig a stock regulator to allow some adjustability as well. Forget the switch though, unless you want it to activate an auxiliary fuel pump or something.

alright i was thinking of having a togle switch so that it doesn't kill my gas milleage, there aren't any fuel regulators that i can switch on or off with just a switch

Wyze said:
alright i was thinking of having a togle switch so that it doesn't kill my gas milleage, there aren't any fuel regulators that i can switch on or off with just a switch

Dude if you're worried about gas milage you shouldn't be looking for more power because more power = more gas :(

Unfortunatly thats the way it goes......

Wyze said:

Th ecu is the one controlling your gas mileage. With the help of the O2 sensor his job is to ajust the fuel trim by modifying the injector pulse width.

All what your switcheable FPR will do is make your gas mileage even worst because the ecu will try to compensate the lack of fuel by giving wider injector pulses, and because your fuel pressure will be too low you will get very bad atomisation.

A good tuning is what you need. Im pulling nearly 200 hp with my 1.6 and i get the same gas mileage as before on cruise.

ColtMax said:
Th ecu is the one controlling your gas mileage. With the help of the O2 sensor his job is to ajust the fuel trim by modifying the injector pulse width.

All what your switcheable FPR will do is make your gas mileage even worst because the ecu will try to compensate the lack of fuel by giving wider injector pulses, and because your fuel pressure will be too low you will get very bad atomisation.

A good tuning is what you need. Im pulling nearly 200 hp with my 1.6 and i get the same gas mileage as before on cruise.

exactly... get a user-programmable ECU!

if you did that, you could basically switch from econo-mode to race-mode by just loading the new program. I wouldnt touch the fuel pressure regulator every time, that gets a bit sketchy.

Either that or buy another car for economy!

NickZed20 said:
exactly... get a user-programmable ECU!

if you did that, you could basically switch from econo-mode to race-mode by just loading the new program. I wouldnt touch the fuel pressure regulator every time, that gets a bit sketchy.

Either that or buy another car for economy!

thats what i want to do, be able to switch on for tracks, and switch off for steets

good luck finding one for a 'nissan pulsar' without having to fork out 5 grand for a motec M4!

anyways, I would just sugest that you get a civic or something with economy, and mod your other car.

i would never get a civic, plus i got a beater as of right now, and thanks pulsars are underated cars that don't got much support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back