Paying a Ticket before assigned court date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacci

Good day,

I have a pending court date scedualed next week - given the inconviniences behind arguing my point to a judge, i rather pay the fine & plead guilty; even after recieving the court date & hearing for my plea to innocence.

If i do this; do i still need to appeare in court?

Thanks

Nope. I was in the same boat a year ago. I got a a ticket in Rawdon, which from where I live is a good 2 hours away. Went there once, didn't have my witness. Made a new court date. Got some cash decided to cop up. Called them and they reduced my fine on top of that... Weird but fortunate...

How many days in advance did you call? I want to be sure of this .

Also, can i ask to porspone the date due to my witness not bieng present at the court dat or must this be done before the hearing?

thanks.

How many days in advance did you call? I want to be sure of this .

Also, can i ask to porspone the date due to my witness not bieng present at the court dat or must this be done before the hearing?

thanks.

I did mine during the hearing. I shouldn't have as I was supposed to pick my witness but he never showed... So the judge set a new court date a couple months later... I called them back maybe a week later to tell them I was going to pay the ticket instead...

I did mine during the hearing. I shouldn't have as I was supposed to pick my witness but he never showed... So the judge set a new court date a couple months later... I called them back maybe a week later to tell them I was going to pay the ticket instead...

Nice - thats for the info Ducimus. Ill keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back