Ticket $310 + 5 points -> Licence will be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry131

I have had my probationary licence (4 pts) for 3 months. Yesterday i got a ticket for speeding. The cop said i was speeding 116 in 70 zone. Gave me a $310+ 5pt.
I know i was speeding but the 116km/hr was not me. His radar probably buzzed due to someone else nearby (radar covers 200 to 400meters) and he thought it was me.
I even forgot to ask him if he used laser or radar. It was on autoroute bonaventure near the technoparc.

I dont want to loose my licence for 3 months.
Do you think i have a chance if i contest it????
What argument should i put up in court to make the cop's statement seem false....

HELP people PLEASE..................

your ****ed, I got the same thing good thing I have my full license, then the next week I got nailed for 3 points lol.

I have had my probationary licence (4 pts) for 3 months. Yesterday i got a ticket for speeding. The cop said i was speeding 116 in 70 zone. Gave me a $310+ 5pt.
I know i was speeding but the 116km/hr was not me. His radar probably buzzed due to someone else nearby (radar covers 200 to 400meters) and he thought it was me.
I even forgot to ask him if he used laser or radar. It was on autoroute bonaventure near the technoparc.

What argument should i put up in court to make the cop's statement seem false....

It should be stated on the ticket what he used to to catch you. Although by the sounds of it, your in trouble. Perhaps speaking with the judge to lower the points, or pay a lawyer.

Can anyone tell me how i can get the information that they have against me.

Someone told me that i have the right to go and ask for copy of both sides of the cop part of ticket, details/serial number of the equipment used, the service/testing history of the rquipment used etc....And i could do so before or after i plead "not guilty"

Is this true????
If so where can i get this info??

reporte ta cause jusqu'a ce que tu ais tes 15points.

au pire, tu peu t'organiser avec le procureur pour plainder coupable dans une couple de dodo:bigup:

un avocat va te charger en moyen 90$ du point qu'il te gagne. c tres rentable

pour ma par, je ne peu plus m'en passer:bigup:

le radar est très précis..pis jcomprends tjs pas pourquoi c'est 70 si t'étais sur l'autoroute ...

le radar est très précis..pis jcomprends tjs pas pourquoi c'est 70 si t'étais sur l'autoroute ...

Sur l'autoroute 40 la partie sur élevé c'est 70km/h . L'autoroute 15 ( décari) c'est 70km/h pas mal tout le trajet dans la tranchée ... La 25 proche du tunel c'est pas 100km/h si je me souvien bien . La 720 aussi c'est pas 100km/h tout le long .

Le mot autoroute c'est juste pour signifier que c'est pour les "auto , moto , camion et autre vehicule motorisé autorisé " et non pour les velo , pietons , chaise roulante et animaux .

Just keep on contesting it till you get your full license

Right.

You are speeding, then you are. Stop finding stupid excuses....in your case, just contest it and keep your license for at least 1 more year. Then once they send you the letter to go to court (by that time, you will have your full license), then just pay it. You will have 15 pts by then, so you can afford a 5pts lost.

Merry X'mas.

Sur l'autoroute 40 la partie sur élevé c'est 70km/h . L'autoroute 15 ( décari) c'est 70km/h pas mal tout le trajet dans la tranchée ... La 25 proche du tunel c'est pas 100km/h si je me souvien bien . La 720 aussi c'est pas 100km/h tout le long .

Le mot autoroute c'est juste pour signifier que c'est pour les "auto , moto , camion et autre vehicule motorisé autorisé " et non pour les velo , pietons , chaise roulante et animaux .

le mot autoroute s'applique a un chemin ou seulement des entrées d'accès par autoroute sont permis et il n'y a pas de chemins privées. La limite de vitesse est de 100... alors arrête d'inventer des définitions ...sinon appelle cela tout simplement une route !!*byewhore*

le mot autoroute s'applique a un chemin ou seulement des entrées d'accès par autoroute sont permis et il n'y a pas de chemins privées. La limite de vitesse est de 100... alors arrête d'inventer des définitions ...sinon appelle cela tout simplement une route !!*byewhore*

Arrêtes tes arguments de casse de bain. Sur L'AUTOROUTE BONNAVENTURE, la limite de vitesse n'est pas de 100 km/h. Ni sur L'AUTOROUTE DÉCARIE ou L'AUTOROUTE MÉTROPOLITAIN. As-tu déjà entendu dire ''je vais prendre la route Bonnaventure?''

Bonne journée Monsieur.

yeh Bonaventure is always like that, be careful guys, or get a valentine 1.
My friend was going it Valentine 1 got the radar waves near Rene Levesque as soon as we turned to Bonaventure ( but the cops were near Victoria bridge)

i believe u have 3 choices here,

A: loose the points now and not have it for 3 months
B: Contess and right u want an english judge or translater that should stall it for almost a year, then loose it for 3 months
C:Contess or speak to judge and try to drop it to 3 points instead of 5, say u need to drive to work/school bla bla bla, a lawyer will definatly be able to pull this off for u but that cost money, ur choice.

Engages un avocat, fait qqchose mais évites de te faire suspendre ta licence à tout prix, parce que ça va te couter la motte en assurance pour les 5 années suivantes.

I had 2 points on my license and I got dinged at 161 km/h in a 100 km/h zone, 532$ + 5 points... Contested and it took 6 months for the S.Q to send me a noticed to appear in court.

Once in court, i spoke with the procureur and explained to him my situation (not about the $$, but about the points) and he allowed me to re-schedual the court date for when i have my 15 points (July of 2007).

There's always hope - You just got to find the easiet & most reasonable way out for both parties.

Best of luck. Ive lost my prob. license 4 times so far and thats nothing to be proud of...

Last edited:

non mon cher les routes sont numerote selon une simple et classifie selon une facon aussi il se serve du debit de vehicule qui y circule par annee ... si tu passe un certain nombre c est classifier comme autoroute ... et ainsi de suite

police is always there on the curve .. only thing i can tell you if you win never ride fast on bonaventure !!! cops are always on this highway !

Quand tu sais pas de quoi tu parle dit rien à place de te callé .

Le probleme c'est que en anglais ca s'appele , Decarie Expressway , Bonaventure Expressway, Metropolitain Expressway... et non highway comme highway 15 / 13 / 640.

Quand tu les connais par c'est nom la , tu sais que c'est pas 100km/h la limite de vitesse , mais plutot 70km/h.

Le probleme c'est que en anglais ca s'appele , Decarie Expressway , Bonaventure Expressway, Metropolitain Expressway... et non highway comme highway 15 / 13 / 640.

Quand tu les connais par c'est nom la , tu sais que c'est pas 100km/h la limite de vitesse , mais plutot 70km/h.

Very true - La limit dans ce zone la et de 70 km/h, mais je suis daccord qui personne roule 70 (apars la tit' vielle qui s'acote sur la voie de droite) Mais bon, Sa reste la loi et non les "Norms" de la route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back