70 zone, at what speed do they actually arrest you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost_legend69

So i'm rolling on the 520 ouest at 2a.m on a sunday night, and the max is 70. obviously that is a ridiculous speed when there is no one and I know cops will probably not arrest me if I am going at 75. I was wondering what is the speed that they will actually give a ticket at for a 70 zone? 90? 100?

in a 70km zone you have to be driving 75km and have a kilo of cocaine in the trunk.....

Police officers don't arrest people for speeding, they PULL THEM OVER....and issue a ticket/ give a warning. It seems like people (regardless of language) are unable to distinguish between the english ''Arrest'' and le term francophone ''Arreté'' (état d'arrestation)

in a 70km zone you have to be driving 75km and have a kilo of cocaine in the trunk.....

Police officers don't arrest people for speeding, they PULL THEM OVER....and issue a ticket/ give a warning. It seems like people (regardless of language) are unable to distinguish between the english ''Arrest'' and le term francophone ''Arreté'' (état d'arrestation)

sorry Mister Linguistic...i didnt know these small technicalities would matter in a montrealracing forum.

Ils peuvent te donner une contravention à partir de 71kmh. ;)

C'est la bonne réponse. Quand la limite est de tel km/h, il faut le respecter. C'est sur que les policiers ne commenceront pas à donner des contraventions à 71 dans une zone de 70 mais c'Est possible.

Puis arretez de mélanger "arrestation" avec "interception". Arrestation c'est de vous lire vos droits et vous ammener au poste pour une infraction pénale ou criminelle... Interception c'est de vous coller sur la route pour vous donner une contravention.

Exactly what I was saying ...

Arrestation = Arrêter puis ammené au poste
Interception = Collé en char puis donné un ticket

Arrest = Bring you to the station, rights read.
Interception = Pulling you over to issue a ticket.

I doubt the cops will arrest you even if u're at 100...but if u're at 160 and refuse to pull over then it might get interresting:p :bigup:

Oh.....If theres kids reading this
DO NOT DO WHAT IS WRITTEN ABOVE

Give or take 10 Km/h extra. If your rolling 80 km/h in a 70 zone - they'll let you slide. If you roll at 90 km/h in a 70 zone, you can bet they'll be pulling you over.

Technically, you can only get a ticket once you have speeds in excess of 11 km/h (e.i: 81 in a 70 zone). No points but its still a ticket.

The "Norms of Society" will tolorate 10 km/h over any speed limit..

You can get ARRESTED for speeding?! :dunno:

Over 160 km/h on the highway is considered putting in danger the lives of the others on the road and is a Criminal Offence.

Therefore, YES - you can get arrested for speeding.

Last edited:
cé rare qu'une police intercepte quelqu'un qui roule 1 a 9 kmh au dessus de la limite vu que l'amende est de 15$ et pas de points dans le dossier (tirés du site de la saaq et les normes ont pas encore changées a date)....

One thing is the speed of traffic... if you are going faster than everybody else, you'll be the guy pulled... and if you see a police car or are passing a spot where they routinely do a speed trap or you can't be sure if there is anyone "hiding in the bushes", slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back