News: Lauzon destroys Lamborghini - Case resolved

The title of the thread should probably be updated

Why? They DID infact destroy a lambo. And while the outcome for Greg_Van was great and all, it's something he never should have gone through in the first place. Infact, in my honest opinion, if the guy that crashed his Lambo hasn't been fired, Automobiles Lauzon shouldn't be getting any good rep at all.

Excellent news, what matters in the end is that Greg is happy with the result.

You going to keep going to Lauzon for service? lol

I think you should, that way if they sneeze on the car you can mobilize the troops.

I'm glad to hear that it was resolved with a positive outcome for you.

That being said, the fact that it took basically blackmailing them to get their asses moving to do something means that I will keep on bad mouthing them and telling everyone I know to avoid them.

According to CcQ art. 2504, "aucune transaction conclue sans le consentement de l'assureur ne lui est opposable." This means that if Lauzon would have started negociating with you, or settled any sort of compensation for the damages (including a loaner), Lauzon's claim with its insurance company would have been denied.

Are You sure about this ???

I think it means that if, following Your example, the dealer decides to give the OP a monetary compensation......it wouldn't void their claim......

it just says that the insurer will pay what they evaluate as damages...and if the dealer thinks otherwise and pay more..the insurance can't be asked to cover for that surplus.....

that's it...

it's not because they decide to pay by theirs own will that their claim would be voided.......

Correct if I'm wrong....

I'm glad to hear that it was resolved with a positive outcome for you.

That being said, the fact that it took basically blackmailing them to get their asses moving to do something means that I will keep on bad mouthing them and telling everyone I know to avoid them.

Its sad to say but most transactions are done this way, one way or another. I had a similar problem and only the threat of going viral or a lawsuit moved their asses.

Some businesses really dont give a shit once you are out the door and they have your money. They try to take the easy way out if there is ever a problem. I say MOST but there are certainly exceptions, those companies that go out of their way to keep a great relationship with a clien (and a great reputation as a result).

Must be a BIG relief for you Greg now that things are settled down.

Very happy to know you'll be rockin' the streets again with the beast.

KD For life ;) HAHA

Its sad to say but most transactions are done this way, one way or another. I had a similar problem and only the threat of going viral or a lawsuit moved their asses.

Some businesses really dont give a shit once you are out the door and they have your money. They try to take the easy way out if there is ever a problem. I say MOST but there are certainly exceptions, those companies that go out of their way to keep a great relationship with a clien (and a great reputation as a result).

i know many stores and dealerships work like that, but I've never actually worked at a shop where we had an experience like that. The best rule is to keep your clients happy, so that they come back to you. Thats why the stores i worked at had some really loyal customers...Our store has been closed since about the start of the summer, and there are clients calling EVERY day to see when we are re-opening. There are actually even people from Europe who call us up because they loved the service and every time they come to Quebec they come to our store...

It's real basic customer service...Its the shit you don't get at those chain stores, or places like Lauzon or BMW Canbec

IMO Lauzon should still not get the props cuz i'm pretty sure if the words weren't spread out by the community they'll do nothing as said in the beginning of this thread.
IMO they still ruined their reputation as least not as much if they didn't resolved this case.

They didn't resolve the case because it was the good thing to do, but because they were forced to and had no more choice to save their reputation.

They didn't do anything for 6 weeks. They were hoping you would bendover and take the loss.

In my book, they are garbage, no matter how this was settled.

I don't see any difference between this and the world banks.

They will scam until they are pressured into stopping/paying, etc.

Will never do business with Lauzon. The only good way to settle this would have been to do so they day after the accident. IMHO, They failed miserably in all aspects of doing business.

/end rant.

I am very happy for you Greg that your ordeal is over.
It never should hav gotten to this point. The important thing is that you are satisfied with the outcome of a regrettable situation you had no control over.

Back