The C7

EVOX09

If the Production car looks anything like the renderings, im in!

2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-artists-rendering-photo-484876-s-520x318.jpg

2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-photo-484877-s-520x318.jpg

2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-photo-484878-s-520x318.jpg

Our Latest 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Renderings: The Anticipation Is Killing Us
We're just a few weeks away from the seventh-gen Vette's debut. Here's what you can expect.

What It Is: The seventh-generation Chevy Corvette—a.k.a. the C7—shown in our latest batch of exclusive renderings. These offer a slightly different take than do those that appear in our January issue, which is on newsstands now.

Why It Matters: Performance benchmark, affordable supercar, everyday track monster, sex symbol, halo, or proof that Chevy can build a world-beater—whatever your reason, the Corvette is everything GM can do well, done well. Full-size pickup trucks and family sedans pay the bills at General Motors; the Corvette is the pride and joy.

Platform: Like its predecessor, the C7 Corvette gets its own front-engine, rear-wheel-drive platform. (Sorry, fans of mid-engine designs; that plan is filed next to the California bullet train and abolition of the Electoral College under “For Utopian Discussion Only.” Or until at least the C8.) Like the outgoing Z06 and ZR1, the hydroformed main members of even the entry-level car are now aluminum. Carbon fiber is used liberally throughout the base Vett, and Michelin will supply all the rubber.

Anyone who has cursed the cheap, floppy seats and cheap, floppy switchgear in the current Corvette knows GM needed to make a quantum leap with the C7’s interior. We believe that’s possible, judging by the scuttlebutt within the company; if nothing else, the new car’s cabin will no longer be an embarrassment. We’ve seen Recaros—or Recaro-style chairs—in spy pics, and recent teasers from the company show a modern gauge display.

Powertrains: Chevy already has revealed the C7 Vette’s 450-plus-hp base V-8, an engine which we've detailed in all its glory. Now called the LT1, the 6.2-liter engine retains the previous iteration’s bore and stroke, but now adds direct injection. Yep, GM is marrying a pushrod eight with GDI; take that, technologists. Torque will top 450 lb-ft.

The Vette’s manual transmission now will feature seven forward gears, as does that in the latest Porsche 911. Although GM has been working on an eight-speed automatic transmission, work isn’t done yet, so a major supplier (Aisin) is producing an eight-speed ’box for the Corvette in the meantime.

Will there be variants later? Are bears Catholic? (We may have jumbled that one.) Bet on a new Z06, as well as a reprise of the astonishing ZR1.

Competition: BMW M3/M4, Dodge Viper, Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, Porsche Cayman S and 911.

Estimated Arrival and Price: The C7 Corvette’s debut is set for—where else?—the Detroit auto show on January 13, 2013, and sales will begin later in the year. You can expect a sticker price starting at around $55,000, although many dealers will no doubt try charging premiums for early stock.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2014-chevrolet-corvette-rendered-detailed-news

Inb4 C4 classic car tax, C5 hits all time low (my budget), and C6 price plummet. Can't wait

avec un derriere classique de corvette ca serait toute qu`une voiture, surtout avec le moteur qui va aller la dedans

Wow took you all night to come up with that comeback... I was smart enough to ditch the Neon(s) :) Although still a better can than a J Body!
Ohh excuse me... Je vais me reprendre alors.
T'es cave!
And no... a J-Body is a better car.
The only thing better a Neon has is the IRS only.
The reste is a POS. :)

Ohh excuse me... Je vais me reprendre alors.
T'es cave!
And no... a J-Body is a better car.
The only thing better a Neon has is the IRS only.
The reste is a POS. :)

Both are POS ;) Neon slightly less because J body people use Neon rear brakes on J bodies...

Back