Recent content by dubsta

1. dubsta

2007 Audi A4 passenger side Window regulator?

Anyone know where I can pick this up local MTL/LAVAL or order in canada for a decent price? I am open to used parts as well. I see them everywhere for 50$, but would love to get this today or this weekend. Any ideas? thanks
  2. dubsta

What to do with stray kittens?

I have 5 of the cutest little kitties here with me that I had to take in because they were starting to wander onto the street. I hear the SPCA is packed with animals and they will likely get neglected there. Does anyone know of a reliable shelter that could help with these little guys? I open...
  3. dubsta

LF: 2005 Impreza Brake pads ect

Looking for Front Brake Pads for a 2005 Impreza.
  4. dubsta

Anyone have a greenhouse here?

I would really like to start a greenhouse growing veggies and possibly some fruit if at all possible. So, I am wondering if anyone here has any information or personal setups ect they would like to share, I know its far fetched but it's MR and you never know. I am absolute n00b to this and...
  5. dubsta

Sweden to start RUN on Banks with negative savings rate?

There has been a lot of ludicrous recommendations recently to combat deflation by making deposit rates negative. I did not think any central bank would be dumb enough to try it. I thought wrong. Today, Riksbank, Sweeden's central bank cut the deposit rate to -0.25% effectively charging savers...
  6. dubsta

Computer programmer from Finland has lost finger replaced with USB drive

A computer programmer from Finland who lost his ring finger in a motorcycle accident has had it replaced with a USB drive. Jerry Jalava has built a special prosthetic finger which contains computer storage for photos, movies and other useful files. While the prosthetic looks like a...
  7. dubsta

IMF says dollar adjustment might be needed

PARIS, June 22 (Reuters) - An increase in exports is needed for a sustained recovery in the United States and this may require an adjustment in the value of the U.S. dollar, IMF chief economist Olivier Blanchard said on Monday. 'For the US, it is absolutely no question that a sustained...
  8. dubsta

CIA Recruiting Laid-Off Bankers in NYC

CIA Recruiting Laid-Off Bankers in NYC Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:07 PM Article Font Size NEW YORK – Laid off from Wall Street? The CIA wants you -- as long as you can pass a lie detector test and show that you are motivated by service to your country rather than your wallet...
  9. dubsta

New Yorkers to save global warming with clock!

New Yorkers leaving Penn station and the tenor Andrea Bocelli's concert at Madison Square Garden stadium were confronted with an unusual advert yesterday – a huge sign showing greenhouse gas levels in the atmosphere. Updated in real time, using projections from monthly measurements of...
  10. dubsta

Bankruptcy Graves 2009

Bankruptcy Epitaphs 2009 The Reformed Broker
  11. dubsta

More Awesome AIG News!

AIG's ex-CEO had private jet fly stock to Bermuda The former head of ailing U.S. insurance giant AIG told a court on Wednesday that he had a private jet fly a large block of the company's stock to Bermuda from New York to prevent AIG from seizing it. AIG accuses Greenberg, chairman of...
  12. dubsta

New York Home Prices Forecast to Drop 40%

By Nick Timiraos How much further could home prices tumble in the New York City metro area? Deutsche Bank predicts a decline of 40.6% from the first quarter of 2009. Stribling Real-estate developer Aby Rosen just cut the price on his NYC townhouse by 14% to $23.75 million. That’s a...
  13. dubsta

The sky is falling

Boy Hit by Meteorite SPACE.com Space.com Staff space.com – Fri Jun 12, 9:45 am ET A 14-year old German boy was hit in the hand by a pea-sized meteorite that scared the bejeezus out of him and left a scar. "When it hit me it knocked me flying and then was still going fast enough to...
  14. dubsta

H1N1 - Preparing a massive vaccination campaign to inoculate all Quebecers

QUEBEC - The province is preparing a massive vaccination campaign to inoculate all Quebecers against the A H1N1 flu virus. “The vaccine is being prepared in several places on the planet,” said Dr. Alain Poirier, Quebec’s public health director, adding that it wasn’t expected until...
  15. dubsta

Woman Who Missed Air France Flight 447 Killed in Car Crash

UK, Thursday June 11, 2009 An Italian woman has been killed in a car crash only days after she narrowly avoided being a victim of the Air France plane crash. Johanna Ganthaler and her husband Kurt were on holiday in Brazil and were supposed to take Air France flight 447 back...
Back