Recent content by lorida

1. lorida

Fall/Winter Activities?

Now that I'm done school, my evenings have been drab. Spring/Summer/early fall is fantastic - I cycle, I get out, there's always something going on. Now that fall is here, I'm curious what everyone does for fun? I don't like video games or TV/Netflix. I ski, but mountains are too far for...
  2. lorida

Poissonnerie for Oysters - Downtown St-Laurent Area?

Rather self explanatory - does anybody have a recommendation where to buy Oysters in the St-Laurent/Downtown area? Sommerled is usually my go-to. But I don't need a 100ct case today. 2-3 dozen would be perfect. Thanks in advance! Worst case I'll go to the Atwater market - but he's $25/dozen -...
  3. lorida

The Moral Majority - Poll

Today, I engaged in a heated debate with a colleague. Not to sway you, I wont take a stance...for now. We essentially debated the follwing: If a restaurant, store, or other merchant forgets to charge you for a good or service (unintentionally), and you stay quiet, is it theft or not? Scenario...
  4. lorida

Honking at a green light.

TLDR: Do you honk when a light turns green (after a reasonable delay)? Long story: I was behind a car at a traffic light. Traffic was intense, as it always is on lower Atwater ave. The light turns green, 3-4 seconds go by. The driver in front of me was clearly looking at his lap and not paying...
  5. lorida

Spare Room Ideas?

Granted MR fits my demographic, I'm curious to hear what everyone did with their spare bedroom/rooms? Pictures would also be great. The spare room isn't massive - it's about 15'x15'. Still, a decent size with great potential. I'm going to hang my bikes on one wall and there's a small desk near...
  6. lorida

Suspension Question - Sagging?

Howdy, I've noticed that my car, a 2007 Impreza Sport Wagon (100k km), sags a lot in the back when loaded? With 1-2 passengers, it's no problem. But if I load it up for a weekend away with four people + luggage, the rear sags waaaayyyyy down. To the point where the rear wheel is slightly...
  7. lorida

Fun Restaurants In Montreal?

There doesn't seem to be a definitive guide online, and I feel like I'm missing out big time. I don't eat out often (maybe 2-4 times/month) but when I do I end up at the restaurants I know and am comfortable with (Marathons, The Keg, Gibbys, Baton Rouge, etc.). Lately however, I've been pushing...
  8. lorida

Front stage setup: CDT Audio Eurosport ES-620 & Kicker KX600.4 + Dynamat, cap & wirin

Front stage setup: CDT Audio Eurosport ES-620 & Kicker KX600.4 + Dynamat, cap & wirin It is with great hesitation that I'm putting my car sound system up for sale. I bought the kit from Ross a few year back, although I only used it for a year total. Basically I bought it for my Civic, then I...
  9. lorida

Water Carbonator, any options other than SodaStream?

I drink a lot of carbonated water. It's probably my favorite beverage. I bring a bottle to work, drink it with dinner, etc. I buy cases of Perrier/San Pel/Whatever is on special from Costco, however it's annoying to lug these cases around (and relatively expensive for water!). I'm trying to...
  10. lorida

Outdoor Party Ideas?

To celebrate the 24th year since my procreation and subsequent delivery, we (myself and 3 others who are celebrating their b-days) will be renting out the larger private site at Sablon. Sound system, lasers, smoke machine, and good music have all been arranged. We also have a wheel of fortune...
  11. lorida

Carbon Fiber Repair Montreal Area? For Bicycle

So I was in an accident a couple weeks ago and my frame got a small crack is the rear triangle. It's not cracked through, however it was cracked enough for the shop to claim the frame/bike as scrap for insurance purposes. I'm thinking this would be a good trainer bike if I could get the...
  12. lorida

Chest Hair: Gorilla or Smooth? What do you do.

So roll back to 9 years ago. I was 15, working at a water park, life was good. A couple peach fuzz hairs were sprouting from my young chest so I thought "hey, I could just shave these off and they'll be gone forever!". My girlfriend constantly reminds me about the mistakes of my past, and this...
  13. lorida

Motorcycle gear for sale (Jackets, boots, helmet, tank bag, etc)

Some motorcycle related items I have for sale. Jacket XL RS Sport $60 Jacket M Joe Rocket Yamaha $80 sold The leather is in great shape, however they could use a cleaning Boots "Akira" Size 13 US $60 Tank Bag Sold "Net" $5 Boots are in good condition, some minor blemishes only. HJC Helmet...
  14. lorida

Blue Yamaha FZ1 2001, $3950

After 4 years of riding, it is with regret that I'm putting my bike up for sale. Unfortunately priorities have changed and some toys have to go. I'm am not rushed to sell and am only willing to negotiate in person. Details: -2001 Yamaha FZ1 -Imported from Ontario in 2010 -~62000 Kms -Synthetic...
  15. lorida

Costco 2kg protein powder on special $31.99

Just a heads up, GFR health whey protein powder is $8 off today, maybe next couple days as well. I got a chocolate and vanilla :)!
Back