Search results

1. D

Click here only if close to an eyewash station

Scion drags a modded IA to Sema. This is not a joke, its a real car from Scion USA
  2. D

Highway 401 toronto-windsor, 80% of drivers are "law-breakers"

So what's the problem, the drivers or the absurdly low speed limits?
  3. D

Michelin X-ice Xi3 first impressions

So, just had these mounted in 205/55/16. Racked up some miles so here's some first impressions: 1. Buttery smooth and quiet: seriously they are so quiet I hear drivetrain noises i never heard before. They have a luxurious ride and they really make the car feel a class above just because of...
  4. D

Aftermarket Android 4.4 units, anyone have one?

I was going to start working on a custom Nexus 7 install for my Jetta when I stumbled on Chinese Android 4.4 head units. They seem to have good fit and finish, and an incredible amount of options and tech, and sizes (7" screen, 8" screen or full size) and are available from various companies...
  5. D

For sale, OEM rcd-510

Late model OEM unit with code. In perfect working order. Come with antenna adapter for early mk5's. 350$ Photo of actual unit installed in my car
  6. D

Anyone else catch this? Yaris sedan base price vs Corolla

2016 Yaris sedan base model: 18795$ 2016 Corolla sedan base model: 17720$ Sure the Yaris base has AC, the Corolla doesn't. However, with the interest rate on the new Yaris 3.49% vs .49% for the Corolla, I don't see why anyone would pick a Yaris over a Corolla, at least until the interest rates...
  7. D

News: Mitsubishi Lancer completely facelifted, so fresh, so new, so amazing!!!!

Wait, no... Did any of you really expect something half decent from Mitsu these days? Makes the Passat refresh look like a complete redesign.
  8. D

Costco dilemma, Blizzak WS80 vs Pirelli Ice Zero Fr

Been reading up on winter tires and I'm gonna make a move before October 4th, but I can't decide. Costco has the best price on the Blizzaks, and apply the mail in rebate on spot (and before taxes). The Pirelli's are roughly the same price as anywhere else. WS80 has rave reviews, much better...
  9. D

205-55-16 Continental DW prix débarras 100$

Didn't measure the tread depth, but there's plenty of life left on them! Both ''D'' and ''W'' wear indicators built into the tires are still present, meaning they are still good for Dry and Wet performance. 150$ firm want these gone tomorrow! A set of these brand new cost 682$ CDN tax incl on...
  10. D

Prix débarras, 205-55-16 Continental DW 100$

Didn't measure the tread depth, but there's plenty of life left on them! Both ''D'' and ''W'' wear indicators built into the tires are still present, meaning they are still good for Dry and Wet performance. 150$ firm want these gone tomorrow! A set of these brand new cost 682$ CDN tax incl on...
  11. D

FML, can't run studs anymore

Parking garage won't let me use studs... What do I do? Might as well get something quiet, smooth that doesn't have too many of the winter tire drawback (road noise, mushy steering, poor dry/wet). I was looking at the Continental TS850, Winter contact Si, and Pirelli Ice Zero. Maybe the...
  12. D

That's it, found the replacement for the Scion IQ.

Damn you Matthew McConaughey. Didn't want prestige German brand, every secretary has one. I was so horribly disappointed with the quality of my Scion that it'll be a while before I consider another Japanese product. Also everyone and their mother has a VW now. Conclusion: 2016 Lincoln MKC
  13. D

VW's TDI scandal wasn't enough, VW continues to commit suicide... 2016 Passat...

Fell asleep looking at the pics. After 4 years of bland vanilla, a couple of days after a huge emissions scandal, THIS is the new Passat? This? Really? Europe gets this: And we get this:squintfin via Autoblog
  14. D

News: EPA orders VW to recall 500000 TDi's, VW ecu trickery inside

Cliffs: Epa is accusing VW for programming their TDI ECU's from 2009-2015 to "detect" when the motor is being run through EPA test cycles, switching to tuning maps that make the engine perform cleaner during those test cycles. Apparently the "clean diesel" technology on the DPF equipped TDI's...
  15. D

Chrysler 300s, what should I know

Seriously considering one. I drove a gunmetal 300S with the ZF 8 speed/Pentastar V6 and its a heck of a nice package, the power train package on the 300s is way better than the hemi V8 with the 5 speed. The only thing holding me back is Chryslers reputation. Stay away or go for it? I'd be...
  16. D

New Chevrolet Impala, seriously good

I have 2015 Impala V6 as a rental for a couple of weeks and it's good. Like seriously very very good. Absolutely in love with this car. Alot of reviewers said this car has the ride quality and feel of big luxo badges that are worth double the price, and I believe them. It's not a car you get...
  17. D

New Tiguan spy shots

During a promo shoot
  18. D

Heads up, Pirelli winter ice zero, looks like a good alternative to studded Hakka 8

For those looking for high quality factory studded tires, choices are very limited, but Pirelli seems to have made these available for 2015 and they look like GREAT bang for the buck. 205/55/16's are going for around 165$, much cheaper than Hakka 8's, and Norwegian test results seem to rate...
  19. D

VW's pre-historic 2.0L 8v is soon getting axed

The 2016 Jetta line-up becomes all turbocharged with the introduction of a new 1.4L TSI engine, replacing the naturally aspirated 2.0L 4-cylinder. The 2016 Jetta S and SE will now be powered solely by the lightweight 1.4L TSI, the same engine used for several years in the Jetta Hybrid, but...
Back