Search results

1. DJ_Kwiky

Eyeing a 2010 VW Jetta TDI... What should I know and check?

As the title says, I am looking at a 2010 VW Jetta TDI with 96 000 kms, manual. What should I know about this car before buying it? Anything special I need to inspect or common issues I should be on the look out for? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. DJ_Kwiky

Want to win 4 tickets for a V.I.P. evening at the Montreal Auto Show? Get in here!

As you guys may know, I work for Auto123.com and we've just launched a contest that I'm sure will interest some MR members. The prize Four tickets to the gala evening on January 17th 2013. Includes full access to all cars on display, attendance prize, hot/cold buffet and open bar. What you...
  3. DJ_Kwiky

News: Subaru BRZ Turbo coming in 2014!

Same 2.0 L engine, single twin-scroll turbocharger and direct injection to generate 280 horsepower (+80) and more than 250 lb-ft of torque. *tu* So, who's ordering one? Source : Auto123.com
  4. DJ_Kwiky

Track brakes on your daily driver? Think twice before making the change!

This article from Auto123.com could help a lot of people who want to mod their daily driver with some cross-drilled brake rotors and track brake pads. Think you're getting more performance for your street driving? Well, you're not. Link to the article
  5. DJ_Kwiky

Comparo 2.0 - FR-S vs BRZ vs GTI vs Genesis Coupe vs MX-5 (Road + Track Test)

I know this has been discussed many times, but I just read Auto123.com's comparative test and I think it's rather interesting. They've tested the Scion FR-S, Subaru BRZ, Volkswagen GTI, Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec and Mazda MX-5 SV on the road and on the track at the Autodrome St-Eustache...
  6. DJ_Kwiky

Amazing Story: Guy finds his stolen car 42 years later!

I don't know about you guys, but I would probably have thrown away the keys and title after a few years. This guy simply never gave up! Source: Auto123.com
  7. DJ_Kwiky

Subaru BRZ Review + Track Video

Full review by Matt St-Pierre and video of a lap at the Oregon Raceway Park HERE.
  8. DJ_Kwiky

Win Fast Wheels Alloys and suit up your toy for the summer (Auto123.com Contest)

As MR probably knows by now, I work for Auto123.com and we've hooked up with the great people at Fast Wheels for a Facebook contest. Auto123.com and Fast Wheels are giving away four wheels of your choice (total value of the rims may not exceed $ 1,500 for all four and their maximum diameter...
  9. DJ_Kwiky

Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, designer of the 911, is dead

As per Auto123 : http://123.ly/Hhc7BK Everyone has to die one day, but this is some really sad news for Porsche fans... R.I.P Mr. Porsche. Heaven will now have nicer cars with you around.
  10. DJ_Kwiky

Comparison Test : 2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI vs 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid

Auto123 made an interesting comparison test that I know MR members will love :German vs Korean, Diesel vs Hybrid! Full article HERE If you had the choice between those two cars, which one would you pick?
  11. DJ_Kwiky

2012 Mercedes-Benz C 350 Coupe 4MATIC Review

I think MB has came up with a very interesting car that I would buy instead of a 335is or CTS4 Coupe just to be different. The new styling looks amazing IMO, especially inside. What does MR think of this car? Full review: http://123.ly/w0gB57
  12. DJ_Kwiky

CONTEST - Getaway for 2 to California to visit the Los Angeles Auto Show

Hey guys, It looks like Auto123.com is giving us the chance to fly to California to visit the Los Angeles Auto Show in December. They’re running a contest where you can win a weekend getaway for two, complete with tickets for the show, airfare, hotel accommodations and 300 $ spending money...
  13. DJ_Kwiky

Interesting read: How the loss of Police Interceptor poses challenges to police

Interesting to learn about the spare parts market and that a simple action like changing a car for another model changes police techniques! Quotes taken form the article: Read the rest right HERE On a personal note, I think that retiring the CVPI is a really bad move for Ford. Why change a...
  14. DJ_Kwiky

MR knowledge needed good interior repairs businesses around Laval/Repentigny?

As the title says, I'm looking for someone to repair a few cigarette burns in my back seat around Laval or even better, Repentigny. I know I know, anyone should NEVER smoke in a car, the lesson is learned. I've got around two small burns to repair and I'm looking for an inexpensive and good...
  15. DJ_Kwiky

Retour de location - il faut s'attendre à quoi?

Bon ben j'ai officiellement besoin du savoir infini de MR! Je retourne bientôt ma Civic '08 chez le dealer après ma location (quelle mauvaise idée de louer soit dit en passant) et j'aimerais bien avoir l'aide de gens qui travaillent chez un dealer (particulièrement Honda) pour savoir c'est quoi...
  16. DJ_Kwiky

OnStar fera de gros dollars avec vos renseignements personnels

Une pratique complètement dégueulasse selon moi... Avoir OnStar, ça m'inciterait fortement à annuler mon abonnement et même changer de voiture! Lisez l'article complet ICI
  17. DJ_Kwiky

Middle East drifting daredevils go beyond the bounds of sanity... in family sedans

WTF are the thinking drifting close to school buses, firing gin shots in the air and shit? The entire world is so retarded, I can't believe it.
  18. DJ_Kwiky

2012 Hyundai Veloster to start at $18,999 in Canada

This car will be so well placed compared to the competition! Not very powerful, but seems fun to drive. I like it considering*tu* the price. Full article here
  19. DJ_Kwiky

Detailing experts come in here. Help needed!

So I drove like an idiot today *sigh* and had a little accident with my civic. I have some damages on my front bumper caused by the rubbing of another car. It's not very deep, but it's kind of scary. I was wondering if: 1) Can it be repaired with a buffer since it's on a bumper? I know it...
  20. DJ_Kwiky

Jantes OEM Acura TSX Wheels 5 x 114.3

Je change de voiture et je n'aurai plus besoin de mes jantes de 17 pouces provenant d'une Acura TSX et ayant un bolt pattern 5 x 114.3. Les quatre jantes sont chaussées de pneus Michelin Pilot devant être remplacés. Elles ont quelques égratignures mineures causées par l'ancien propriétaire...
Back