Search results

1. V

school zone ticket, contestable?

Got busted for doing 43 in a school zone. Turned onto a street which was a school zone, right at the beginning of the zone. 1: there is a sign, but for those turning it's hidden behind a tree. 2: the sun was in my eyes. This ticket seems semi bullshit to me.
  2. V

Tint/Exhaust inspection/ticket questions

Hi all, I have a car with an aftermarket exhaust and dealer tints. I got an inspection notice for my front window tints, and a ticket for the exhaust. What are my options? Am I guaranteed to fail my inspection even though the car rolled off the lot like that (tints are not an option I...
  3. V

Work Emotion 11R-FT 18x10.5 +22

For sale are two Work Emotion 11R-FT 18x10.5 +22 in gunmetal grey. They are wrapped in Hankook Ventus V12 265/35/18 in with what looks like over 50% left. There are some slight paint chips from pebbles. No rash, no dings. I can include the two other wheels. One is bent and repairable. The...
  4. V

Best place for windshield chip repair? (Vendors welcome!)

I'm looking for fixes for a few small chips in my windshield. They are about 2-3mm in diameter, not cracked but deep enough that they are always apparent and an eyesore. I'm looking for a place that has a good price/value, looking for a good job but not necessarily a perfect job since this will...
  5. V

Yet another FRS thread (TRD supercharger kit)

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/10/scion-fr-s-trd-supercharger-confirmed.html not sure if old news.
  6. V

New car under 30k all in? vendors welcome!

Hey all, My dad's looking at picking up a new car. He mostly wants something good on gas, cares a little about luxury/drive but isn't willing to spend extra for it since it's just going to be replacing his DD. He has a weekend/summer toy so things like horsepower and speed will barely matter...
  7. V

Shell V power @ 1.344$

go get it.
  8. V

Deep Scratches?

Is there anyone who can recommend a guy (or themselves) who can fix a couple of deep scratches on paint? Basically I got a few rocks thrown at me about 1.5 weeks ago from a construction zone, and ended up with a few deep scratches. For the most part I don't care too much. But there's one small...
  9. V

Question about financing takeover

Hi guys, A friend wants to transfer their car, which has about 48/60 months left of payments left to be done to someone else. The financing is done by the bank. We are having difficulty getting a straight answer on this: Since its a takeover of the financing agreement, and taxes are already...
  10. V

Car for 3-4k?

As the title states, gotta pick up a car for about that price range. mainly for use by a 20 year old. (not me) my first thought is an echo. i'd prefer smaller, cheap/easy fix and maintenance. but since i'm asking you guys for a variety of options, my only real requirement is that it be rust free.
  11. V

best suspension upgrade

hey guys, i'm looking to start messing around a little bit... was wondering what i should get first as an upgrade? here's the list and reasons (though i may be wrong) - front sway bar (roll reduction) - rear sway bar " " - bushings (i hear they're supposed to reduce HP loss and improve...
Back