Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT-What?

Legacy Member
I need ideas.

To date, my list is:

-bread (1-2$) : have enought bread for 3 breakfast and 2 or 3 sandwichs
-ham (2-3$) :enought for 3 sandwichs
-soup (1$/can) : can easily replace a meal but you'll still be hungry 3 hours after
-pastas and spaghetti sauce (5$ + free sauce) : don't take much time to do but can't ake to much sauce or else I won't have anymore for the next 3 months

what else ?

SRT-What? said:
I need ideas.

To date, my list is:

-bread (1-2$) : have enought bread for 3 breakfast and 2 or 3 sandwichs
-ham (2-3$) :enought for 3 sandwichs
-soup (1$/can) : can easily replace a meal but you'll still be hungry 3 hours after
-pastas and spaghetti sauce (5$ + free sauce) : don't take much time to do but can't ake to much sauce or else I won't have anymore for the next 3 months

what else ?
dollar store chip bags, 2 big bags for 1 dollar ( i think)

Kraft Dinner is cheap, You need margarine and Milk, Get some frozen Hamburgers and some buns and thats pretty cheap too.

rice is not too expensive, but plain rice tastes bad, so get some vegetables and slice em up and make a sauce or curry to put on it (i think curry powder is pretty cheap too)

Ramen is the answer to all things. :)
it's so versatile, you can munch on it raw or cooked :)

you can get those microwave cup of soups from the dollar store too i think, check out one of those really big dollaramas they have food in there, like add water and microwave kinda things

Pre-made stuff is almost all of the time super crappy...

cheese macarony is a good idea. But it's cheaper to do it yourself (already calculated it)

rice ?.... hum.. didn't tought about that... What kind of sauce can you get with this ? I must admit that chicken with rice is quite good.... not the cheapest, but I could try to find 2 more $ for a "special" diner...

Save money on other expenses and spend it on food. There is no point in cheaping yourself out on food. The cheaper the food, the less healthy it is. I spend like $10 - $20 a day on food but at least I'm eating well. Its' worth it to me.

Eat CDNCorolla Style:
Buy some Noodles, Generally I buy the Spiral ones. Get some Garlic, Yes fresh garlic it's pretty cheap or you can buy a jar of pickled garlic. Big jar costs bit but it will last you a long time with this. Also Parmesan Cheese(99 cents for the cheap one).
Boil the noodles, Chop up some garlic(If you have a coffee grinder use that for it to make a paste) When the noodles are cooked throw some margarine in them to make them a bit oil or whatever you want to call it. Now Throw the garlic paste/chopped in the noodles put some parmesan cheese in there. Stir it around. Makes a Quick Supper and very cheap. It's good if you like garlic and it's pretty filling. Also you can buy packages of seasonings for noodles also.
Buy a box of frozen chicken breasts usually like 4-8$ at the most. And have a peice of chicken and some noodles. Full course meal for like less then 10$

cameron said:
Save money on other expenses and spend it on food. There is no point in cheaping yourself out on food. The cheaper the food, the less healthy it is. I spend like $10 - $20 a day on food but at least I'm eating well. Its' worth it to me.

I alreadt tought about that.... The things is that I don't want to live like a cheap for the next 4 months... I want to still be able to take a beer after my late courses, still be able to go out once in a while (can't spend that much inside, but still). I'm already trying to go slower on the highway to save up on gas.

+ It could help if I could loose a couple of pounds...

SRT-What? Ever thing of doing odd jobs for money and shit. Seek around with people you know like family if they need anything done around the house and shit like that. It's getting closer to winter. A lot of people still haven't racked there yards. Rack the yard make the cash spend it on some food.

yeah well, I can't really charged them.... I've been doing this for free since I'm tall enought to help.

I can get some money from here and there, but you never know when you are going to have one or lose one

Yep for sure. But most families I am sure including yours if they know you are in a tight spot won't mind tossin ya 20-30$ for doing some work sure the work you do is worth a lot more but they are paying you to help you out not really for the work you are doing.

For the moment I'm tring to cut on food and drinks. I'll drink in parking lots before going in, and bring my lunchs to school every day..... (This is going to be hard, I'll have to wake up 5 minutes earlier)

buy urself a box of 24noodle bag, its around 12-13$ max, try to get the econo sausage package, 8$ i guess (atless 48 sausice), get urself 2pack of 12 egg, 3$ea.

total of 30$, now.. evryday that u have a spare penny, buy urself fruits, vedgetable, if u stuff urself good enough, 1 noodle bag is enough for a day.

1noodle bag, 2 sausice, 1egg(or not), vedgetable.. there u go

Egg + bread each 5-7days onces is also good. like 4egg with 6toast, can fill u a full day depending on what u do, or atless half a day.

best way to save money is always to buy in quantity, think of that, if ur poor for a week, its worth it.

Dont forget ur healt, by eating that, sleep early, try to be in shape.. junk food is a nono..

btw, talking about junk food, PRETZEL , they are cheap and can keep ur stomac bz.. i sudgest u that also, taste nasty after a phew but will keep u full for a while. (pretzel chips im talking about)

oh try to walk as much as possible, use ur car only when needed, that will save u an 5$ on fuel... im pretty sure of it, so walk to a grocery and stuff like that, cut the internet, try to use electricity as less ass possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back