95EXRv6

Legacy Member
I have a collegue @ work
hw wanted to get an BMW M3 2001
he showed me a picture of it on hebdo.net
looked good, but I smelt something fishy ... anyways
it listed a VIN in the listed for hebdo.net

he went to the dealer, little dealer in the south shore on tachereau
spoke to the guy and he gave him SAAQ inspection sheets stating that the car is A1 - however the sheet did not have any date :dunno: :dunno:

so I suggested to him to run the VIN through www.carfax.com
he did - it pulls up a SALVAGE TITLE and WARNINGS all over the place

- warning for major accident
- warning for oddometer

the dealer said that the car came from california, but carfax states it's from texas

anyways, he bought the car, he did a SAAQ inspection and the car came out clean ... :dunno:

hope it's all in good shape but IMHO it's not a safe car cause of what carfax said ... ?

What does clean from the SAAQ mean ? If the car in CARFAX states that the car was totaled then for sure it was .

Si CARFAX dit qu'ya déja été accidenté ... ça part mal.
Juste pour voir, demande au vendeur si le char a déja été accidenté ou non, s'il répond "non" montre-lui le rapport de CARFAX, c'est illégal pour un commerçant de cacher ce détail à un acheteur ;)

Surtout que si CARFAX prouve qu'ya eu un accident, j'vois pas pourquoi le commerçant aurait été dans l'impossibilité de savoir que le véhicule a déjà été accidenté.

Mais un char qui a été VGA ... le monde ont tous des opinions différentes là-dessus, ça dépend où ça a été réparé, par qui, comment etc... mais en général c'est du trouble et plus difficile à revendre *td*

Rimsta said:
Si CARFAX dit qu'ya déja été accidenté ... ça part mal.
Juste pour voir, demande au vendeur si le char a déja été accidenté ou non, s'il répond "non" montre-lui le rapport de CARFAX, c'est illégal pour un commerçant de cacher ce détail à un acheteur ;)

Surtout que si CARFAX prouve qu'ya eu un accident, j'vois pas pourquoi le commerçant aurait été dans l'impossibilité de savoir que le véhicule a déjà été accidenté.

Mais un char qui a été VGA ... le monde ont tous des opinions différentes là-dessus, ça dépend où ça a été réparé, par qui, comment etc... mais en général c'est du trouble et plus difficile à revendre *td*

the owner said it was accidented on drivers side and it was very minor and car fax says passenger side, and damaged severely

on carfax is says SALVAGE is big writting - stating that the vehicle was in a serious accident and it's gonna cost more to fix then what it's worth :dunno:

also the "clean" SAAQ report means that the car is in tip top shape and the car passes all inspection needed

do you guys think he got screwed ?

What a lot of car thiefs do is take the VIN off of VGA vehicles and use them for perfectly straight stolen vehicles so it makes the car legal even though it isnt really.

Hi,

Carfax is a system that works with the insurance company on 80% of the time. Now, if the car is mentionned SALVAGE on carfax and you are sure that the VIN and the car matches all together, that mean the car is A SALVAGE. Now, look at what you told us.

1. The original driver declared that the car has accident
1.1 He said it was minor, so what, I can also say it was minor and the car was totaled, this is not a REFERENCE.
2. If the owner is known, how hard is it to identify where the is the car from. Also, If the car is registered in California, it can end up in Texas or anywhere else. California is where the car was first sold to.
3. Your friend bought it because it was cheap, right ? Well, do you believe the Garage was selling the car cheap because he was a fine guy ? Come on...
4. SAAQ inspection is Nothing and proves nothing as where the car was, what the car was and what happened to the car before. A SAAQ will show A+ a VGA car fully rebuilted. Once it is rebuilded and reapproves, you can have a A+ car to the eyes of the SAAQ.

Borderline, the car is probably a VGA car. Now, for wich reason, I don't know, and we don't know.... Check for paint marks, you will see if the car has been repainted. Also, check the OBD at the dealer, it will show if the Airbag has been deployed.

Good luck...

This sais, a VGA car can be as good as a regular car, it's juste de resale value and long term wear/tears that will makes the difference.

dapres moi le char stune boite... si la SAAQ dit que le char est clean et qui a pas été accidenté et que CARFAX dit quil a été accidenté... c'est surment un char maquillé... et surment ton ami a pas du payer ben ben cher le char.. pour l'état dans lequel il était...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back