I just got one huge virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex79

Legacy Member
It's called W32.Gaobot

I'm currently running in safe mode
Norton couldn't delete it and I downloaded a removal tool but before I run it, there's like 15 things I need to do.

Did anybody else get that virus? I really need my computer for school projects and I don't have hours to waste to remove it so if anybody had this virus before please reply

thanks

G-- said:

yea I pritned all that and ran the removal tool.... it said it found nothing but I'm sure something is still left... the thing is I don't want to shut off my computer beause I'm scared it won't load again lol...

I'll try to get all the patches from microsoft

damn viruses piss me off

okay I can't get my computer to work properly and I want to install SP2.... but is there a way to download it other than by the automatic live update? because it seems like mine won't get it for some reason

im going ****difngidfgn dfkklgfmhkl crazy

damn someone please help me I'm going crazy

I did the removal tool
I did the manual removing
I tried to fix my registry
I did three full virus scans and one file stays

this it it :

virus.jpg

norton cant delete or quarantine it and I tried to manually delete and it obviously doesnt work either

anybody got a clue on whats left to do? dont say format because I wont

helppppppppp

Did you:
6. If you are running Windows Me or XP, then disable System Restore. Refer to the section, "System Restore option in Windows Me/XP," for additional details.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAUTION: If you are running Windows Me/XP, we strongly recommend that you do not skip this step. The removal procedure may be unsuccessful if Windows Me/XP System Restore is not disabled, because Windows prevents outside programs from modifying System Restore.

?? is it safe mode WITHOUT Network, No internett??

I want you to READ this Link
http://computercops.biz/print-1-56914.html
ITs about the About/blank Hijack/Virus.....

IT was hard cause it would rename itself on every boot & was
burried deep in the pc all over the place c/win/sys, temp dirs, regfiles....etc..

there was like 6 steps & 3 Different Programs needed
had to go in with recovery Mode... after using 1 prog to find the hidden
File .DLL name.. then I had to type Dos commands to remove what could Not be SEEN!

Im no leet expert I know my stuff, but ...

Anyways that link helped me .... & if you search that forum (virus help forum)
you should run into other people that had the same problem!!

gl

illuminance said:
Did you:

?? is it safe mode WITHOUT Network, No internett??

I want you to READ this Link
http://computercops.biz/print-1-56914.html
ITs about the About/blank Hijack/Virus.....

IT was hard cause it would rename itself on every boot & was
burried deep in the pc all over the place c/win/sys, temp dirs, regfiles....etc..

there was like 6 steps & 3 Different Programs needed
had to go in with recovery Mode... after using 1 prog to find the hidden
File .DLL name.. then I had to type Dos commands to remove what could Not be SEEN!

Im no leet expert I know my stuff, but ...

Anyways that link helped me .... & if you search that forum (virus help forum)
you should run into other people that had the same problem!!

gl
yes I disabled system restore
I guess it is safe mode with network since I'm able to go on the Internet... the thing is I didn't even choose to go in safe mode my computer just always loaded on safe mode

I installed SP2 yesterday and my computer(after 15 minutes) finally loaded normally. I checked if the virus was still there(windws/system32/spool/printers/00015.dll and it was still there

When I try to delete it, it says the file is being used by an other program. I ran the removal tool again and it didn't work

illuminance: I read most of the link that you gave me, are you sure that it will take off the worm I have? it doesn't look like the same problem

By the way, Norton is pretty funny. When I got into the printers folder, nothing happened but when I clicked on the file, my friend Norton kindly advised me that there was a virus in my computer

Norton is a big pile of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back