Winner of $149M Lottery Faces Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

drrep

Legacy Member
NEW YORK - Money — not even $149 million — can't buy you love. Juan Rodriguez, who collected the huge windfall in the Mega Millions lottery last month, is now on the outs with his wife, the New York Post reported Saturday. Iris Rodriguez wants a divorce from her husband of 17 years, and she filed the paperwork just 10 days after Juan bought the winning ticket on Nov. 19.

Iris Rodriguez is seeking a portion of her husband's huge lottery check, the Post said. Rodriguez, 49, opted to take his winnings in a single lump-sum payment of $88.5 million before taxes.

Although the couple appeared together at a news conference after Rodriguez matched the winning numbers, his wife had previously given him the boot over his financial difficulties. Rodriguez had filed for bankruptcy a month before his lottery win, and court papers showed he had just 78 cents in a savings account and owed $44,000 to creditors.

The Colombian immigrant bought the winning ticket at a store near the midtown Manhattan parking lot where he worked double shifts as an attendant, earning about $28,000 a year.

why didn't he go thru the divorce first, make sure the b*Tch is gone and then claim his winnings?

D_Accord said:
why didn't he go thru the divorce first, make sure the b*Tch is gone and then claim his winnings?

Because he's stupid.

Or maybe he wants to have her assissanated to collect life insurance...

kick the wife, keep the money and
jerkoff.gif

She divorced him because of his financial status?
Yet now he's rich and she still wants a divorce.

I wouldn't kill the wench, I'd just make sure she doesn't get a penny (this will be even worst torture).

I'd have more fun doing misdermeanor shit like driving past her house each day and whiping rolls of pennies though her window. Peeing on her lawn...stuff like that.

drrep said:
Scary thing is, lawyers and corrupt judges will make sure she gets a part of it...

With 88 million you can buy yourself a judge and a pretty solid lawyer :bigup:

J'me suis toujours demandé si le gars pouvait garder tout l'argent s'il divorçait AVANT d'aller réclamer son lot ou bien si ce qui importe c'est qu'il était marié lorsqu'il a acheté le billet gagnant ?? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back