R1 or/ou GSX-R 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfaze

Legacy Member
Salut je ne sais pu laquelle choisir. Avant je voulais à tout pris la R1 car j'avais une R6, et je l'ai vendu , mais pas assez de power à mon goût. Alors jallais pour un R1 mais quand j'Ai vu la gsxr-1000 bien à me tanne en ***** lol. laquelle serait le meilleur choix...

Donc selon votre avis, mécaniquement laquelle des 2 motos est plus toffe si on peut dire ça ainsi .... les plus et moins de chaques models pour les années 2000 2001. merci !

I love both bikes so much. Each one of them has it's good side, like for the GSX-R 1000 is the fastest 1000cc bike for 2002, on first it goes 148 km/h, just think how fast it's gonna go on 5 or 6, but the R1 is rider friendly.

Go for the suzuki if you want an agressive super bike and you dont care about comfort.

gadha said it right. The R1 is a little more comfy than the Gixxer but the Gixxer is the fastest 1000 bike on the market now and it's even faster when you compare it to a 2000 2001 R1. I have a Gixxer 750 and I would not hesitate to get the 1000 except the fact that it has overwelming power so you better be a good rider if you think your going to exploit all of it. Why don't you get a 750, it has plenty of power and is fast enough (trust me) and dont forget that exploiting these bikes is very very hard (I'm talking about the litre bikes!) unless you have tons of experience.

Zomby, your right. I have a GSX-R 600 and I just started to ride, I wouldn't even think of getting a 1000 until at least 6 years, before that I would get a 750.

Don't forget that with Suzuki, parts are very very expensive. Trust us.

Zomby where do you like to ride around?

If you have enough experience for a 1000cc superbikes and your bored with 750cc or 900cc bikes, go for it.

For how long have you been riding (sports bike)?

only one summer I ride motocycle. I got 19 years old.
When I was riding the first time my old bike ... dam too much power ... and after the summer I was having no more fun with it bcause I need more power now. So the gsx-r 1000 is for experimented peoples so... I might go for a gsx-r 750 ou maybe the R1 because it is more (user freadly lol)

Go and check out Laval-Moto, they have a blue and white 1000 and a red and black 750, both with Yoshimura pipes.

Both really nice.

Well if this is your second year riding, don't go for the GSX-R 1000 or the R1 because that will be for sure to much bike for you. I have a 98 GSX-R 750 and you don't need anything faster than this bike (or a 600 for a fact). Why don't you try the newer bikes and see what I mean. The newer 600s are as fast as the older 900s!!! My bike is putting down 127 to the back wheel and I can't even use all that power in the first 3 gears because the front wheel keeps comming up on me. Try a R6 or GSX-R 600 first and then you'll see a R1 or GSX-R 1000 is way way way to much bike for you (not trying to put you down but just a fact).

WhiteZomby: I know the newer bike are faster ... This summer I was riding a R6 2000 for 12 000 km ...

Sorry didn't know you had that much experience on a bike but still. In Motorcyclist mag, they said that most of the riders don't even use their bikes over 56% of the bikes potentiel so just think about it. Unless you really like top speed runs, then I'm sure you will be alot faster with a R6 than a R1 just because the R6 is much easyer to handle. I'm really not into top speed runs that's why I installed some sprokets on my bike to get more accerleration because loosing 20mph on my top speed doens't really bother me. I can still hit 280 with the bike so that's fast enough for me but the power I get from the acceleration is alot more satisfying for me (personnaly) and can't beat taking some twisties with the knee dragging on the pavement now can you? But if you going to go with one of those, I would go for the GSX-R 1000 but I'm partial to Suzukis:bigup:

Got one more question.... everybody say that is I buy my new bike before winter it will be less expensive then waiting for the next spring ..... but it is realy true % because the news models will be out in the starting of the spring to the peoples cant ask more because the new models are out so the bike got one year more.....

Well the new bikes are already comming out so it is true that you will get a better deal by waiting for the new models to come out (2003) so you will pay less for a 2002 but I don't think there will be a difference if you wait till spring or buy it now. I would even think you would get the better deal now but I'm not sure. So what are you going to buy, a Gixxer or R1? I know a couple of places that still have 2002 R1s new for sale at 12 400$ if I remember correctly.

I know the 2002 models are dam hot and the price low. But I am a college student so I dont want to (emprunter) money. I got 10k for the new bike. So i will wait for the next spring If I find a gsxr-1000 (blue and white) I will take it but if not, i ll take the R1.

I just need to not use all the power of the machine on the start. I will do the samething as my R6 like a (courbe d<apprentissage) not go more then 6 rpm after I am good wiith this.. ill go more etc... it is more safe like that

Ce qui est aggressant avec les 600cc, c'est qu'il faut toujours les tenir a tres haut regime pour avoir un peu de puissance. Si je prend ma gsx-r 600, en dessous de 9000 tr/min. y a pas grand chose qui se passe. D'ou l'intéret pour les 1000. A 7000tr/min.,la gsx-r 1000 dévloppe autant de ch. que la 600 a 13 250 tr/min. :eek: :eek:

C'est agressant en c***** d'entendre ca "viré" 9000 tr/min. pendant une "ride" de 2 heures:mad:

IL faut dire aussi que a 6'2'' 236 lbs je laisse aucune chance a ma gsx-r:D

POur avoir essayé les 2 (R1 2000 et gsx-r 1000 2001),y a pas vraiment de difference entre les 2. C'est 2 machines completement débiles!! :eek: :eek: :bow: :bow:

Personnellement j'ai un p'tit faible pour la gsx-r 1000 2001 (noir et gris) :D

Vas-y pour une 1000, j'espere juste que tu as une tete sur les épaules et beaucoup de talent..;)

merci gtimaniac. moi aussi je suis pesant lol 6" 200 livres .. j'ai une bonne tête sur les épaules sinon je n''irais pas chercher une 1000. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back