I have yet to see/experience a Motorcyclist pulled over for an Exhaust Infraction....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protege

Legacy Member
This has been plaguing my mind ever since I moved here. Every car owner seems to be getting "harrassed" by cops for having loud mufflers and such, BUT how come Harleys or the like don't? Is there a law that I'm missing here or what?

:dunno:

Alot of sport bikes get tickets for exhaust but like you said, custom bikes never do and that pisses me off because I have a full Hindle exhaust on my GSX-R and I get pulled over all the time and now, you get the ticket right away, no more 48 hour bull shit so you get a nice 138$ ticket and go home and put your stock pipe back on. Luckuly, I havent gotten a ticket for my exhaust yet.:bigup:

I get puleed over about once a summer for an exhaust infraction. I budget it into my "motorcycle experince". I have been riding for a number of years with many lapping days under my belt as well as enduro-cross races. It's $136 bucks and there is really nothing you can do. I almost convinced an officer that the exhaust on my RC51 was original. I asked him if he had ever seen another bike like this, he said no. I removed all the badging on the pipes (Yosh Ti-pipes) so they would look more stock. Oh well.
For the Harley thing, I have three friends who ride Harleys and they get pulled over ALL the time.
fd6b4c2e.jpg

All I ask is for Cops to be fair? Is that too much to ask?

:dunno:

P.S. I have no problems with bikers having those exhausts since I only hear them during the summer. But it would be nice to see one pulled over once and a while ;)

compare the number of bikes with exhaust that are on the road and the number of cars with exhaust...

Then you'll know why you never came across a bike getting a ticket for his exhaust.

Safety is a factor. Motorcycles don't have the visibility of cars. I argue that If I'm heard motoridts at least are somewhat aware (hopefully) that there's a bike around. It's for safety Officer!

Originally posted by RWDLover1
Cops are afraid of bickers.:rolleyes:

agreed but if a bike decides to take off, the cop will never be able to catch up even with the help of his radio.

I have never SEEN a bike get pulled over but my neighbor has told me all bout it. he's got a 98 Ducati 748 painted to match the 2000 model I beleive. sweet sound and sweet ride.

Quand les c****** de sale on la chance de te mettre la main dessous, tu paye pour toutes ceux qu'on pas réussis a attraper. :mad:

Il faut admettre aussi que la majorité du temps on roule en fou et on nos "pipe" font un bruit infernal!!!.:D J'ai un D&D et je vous jure qu'on m'entendant a un kilometre!!!:bigup:

Un jour ou l'autre il faut s'attendre a payé le prix pour les libertés qu'on prend...ca fait parti d'la game!!!:squintfin

Originally posted by gadha
compare the number of bikes with exhaust that are on the road and the number of cars with exhaust...

Then you'll know why you never came across a bike getting a ticket for his exhaust.

I don't know about you, but in the summer time here, there's a bunch of bikers. Stereotypically, I would normally see white men cruising around. This summer, I saw a group of Blacks, and also some Women bikers. (No offence intended).

And everyday, at least one biker would zip down my street.

Un de mes amis avec sa ZX-7R roulait à Laval à 130 km/h, vitesse du traffic, dans la voix du centre, clignotte à droite pour prendre sa sortie mais il a dépassé le char devant lui (par la droite) en même temps qu'il changeait de voix pour prendre la sortie, le char rolulait 128 lui 130, c'était pas vraiment un dépoassement mais bon.....

La police l'arrète
ticket de vitesse 130 dans zone de 100......environ 150$ + points
dépassement par la droite $$$$$ + point
pipe muzzy..........environ 150$
clignotant flushmount en arrière.....environ.100$
protège chaine enlevé...........100
support de plaque/garde-boue coupé.....100

en tout ça lui a coûté environ 800 d'un coup parce qu'un policier avait le gout de donner des ticket....

tout ça vers la fin de l'été...............ça fini bien une saison ça

i really wonder about these:
clignotant flushmount en arrière.....environ.100$
protège chaine enlevé...........100
support de plaque/garde-boue coupé.....100

wtf?? from what i can tell those mods don't make it less safe, what's his reason for giving a ticket for those??

Well the chain gard will keep peices of chain from flying everywhere if your chain breaks (I know it sounds stupid but that
s what they say!!).

Flashers I also don't understand but they could be harder to see thus less safe.

Mud gard will shoot mud all over the place when you don't have it (I know this is a stupid answer but that's what I was told by a cop when I got nailed for the same thing.

Les cops se contredisent.

Tu n'a pas le droit de couper ton garde-boue mais quand tu as une undertail aftermarket c'est ok......

Et pour les clignotants, c'est aprce que les clignotants droit et gauche doivent être séparé d'au moins 12 pouces si je me souviens bien......la chose que je comprend pas c'est que sur un undertail aftermarket les glignotants sont plus proche que 12 pouces..???

de là la règle du 12 pouces entre les clignotants.....

en tout cas moi j'ai pas eu de problème avec mon undertail sur ma 929 (volée.....merci"/$%?&**&?%$ de voleur à marde....)

T'as pas le droit de modifier de quelque facon que ce soi un vehicule routier selon la loi!:mad:

De toute facon on ce c***** bin de ca!!!

En connaissez-vous ben du monde qui roule avec des bikes stocks? ;)

Ben d'accord qui s'occupe vraiment de garder son bike stock!!

Pis appart ça ... le cochon a besoin d'être décidé pour stopper une moto... Downshift, criss le gaz au fond zigzag un peu et goodbye cops !!!:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back