SCP Good or bad???

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah! thanks for danny's support, you did a great job on your booth. you really went out of your way and really impress all of us..great job danny. as for the question concerning the lay-out, my answer is every simple : how do you fit a bunch of square in a circle (the baseball field) .

The show, quality wise was very good compared to last year and last year was an amazing show. The only issue was the layout but everyone has to understand that this year was a first time in the field. Last year, people asked and gave opinions to have it on the field so they tried it this year and for a first time it wasn't to bad. But with everyone's CONSTRUCTIVE feedbacks, they will listen and take into consideration what everyone has to say. SCP already knows what they need to improve for next year and for the next year I'm sure they'll be trying to figure out how to"fit a bunch of square in a circle (the baseball field) ."

Also as for seeing young kids there, they're young and learning the scene but with the hating going on like that, they may end up going in the wrong direction in our car scene ie...street racing. If a kid is there to get info and ask questions, help them out. How are they supposed to learn and become the next and better generation in the scene to represetn Quebec if we're just going to hate on them? Just my .02

SCP

I agree it was confusing... I didn't even see the Trac racing booth and after 2 hours searching for it I just told myself that they must not have made it out there.... I tought there was more diversity than last year but it could have been even more... I like to see those lowriders even if it's a compact show and than that means 60's impalas shouldn't fit there but I enjoyed them anyway... I tought they might have givven a program showing were all the booths were standing....

Has for the kids, when the companies were giving stuff in the croud, a 12 years old almost broke my Girlfriend's finger when a cap fell in front of her and he just pilled on her hand to get it... It I wasn't over 18 i'dd have beated the crap out of him...
And when they were giving the car starter he was like Me! Me! Me! Jumping all around... C'mon you're 12 were you want to put that? on your bicycle or what??

Anyways I liked it, but tought I'dd see more cars than that... I even asked a guy if there was another room or something...

Looked kind of the "Fast and the Furious" kind of cars for most of them, but there was really nice drag civics and MX3 ect.... and the rally cars too, that was nice...

I also tought it was way too comercial.... IMO the only way to have a car in there is to be with a big company or something....

And the Gm booth, way too large, they could have taken half the space there and make place for other/better rides...

There's no point in showing us that many of those ugly 2003 Sunfires...Even with bodykits...:doh:

Last edited:
LOG1K

Dude, there was no Trac Racing booth. I believe that they were there with a couple of cars, but it was not a booth setup.

Personnellement, j'ai été decu!!

Je trouve que dans un show comme scp on devrait accorder plus de place a la vrai performance: LA MECANIQUE!!!!! On a une main d'oeuvre et une expertise incroyable au Quebec, c'est avec ces gens la qu'on reussis a aller toujours plus vite!;). Nous faire connaitre les shops (garage, atelier d'usinage) qui peuve nous conseillez, aidez, presentez les dernieres innovations, les swaps....nous presentez autre chose que des cold air intake et des tail light!!! Bref, des shop comme TKMotion, L-sport,etc.... parler avec des vrais gens de metier, pas des c***** de vendeur comme au kiosque du docteur du pare-brise!!!:thumbsdow :flame:

Chapeau au gars de L-sport, tres beau travail sur la golf vr6t. :bigup:

Re: Money Talks

If you're talking about the blue ITR with a Skyline rear conversion, wide-bodied, JDM front, it was there. It was in the Darknights booth.

As to no vending, SCP is not forcing the vendors to be there. All vendors understand that, and they can choose not to come if they don't like it. Ironically, most vendors appreciate it this way. It gives them a chance to educate the public on their products. You also have to think that the vendors don't have to carry truckloads of stock just to firesale them at a show, like most other shows with sales. It gets kinda retarded when you see a guy running around with a full catback exhaust system on his shoulders. There simply was no room on the floor for people to be running that type of stuff. Probably end up knocking someone out.... :p

Originally posted by T4 accord
It is also very expensive to rent the Stade but charging 75$ by car and 1000$ for a small kiosk and there is no vending...I am a little mad that there were none of my favorite montreal cars there. Sure you can go to the LaFleures on Sources and see some cars but there are some really great cars that are in the streets. Seriously I wish there were more MTL represented and the invited cars be put some where special, this afternoon I had heard that the MUGEN teg and the wide body conversion were gone, wern't they the "Highlights":dunno: SCP this is some ideas not a bash I know you guys are trying hard maybe to hard, remember the little guys cause WE are what make the scene.:bigup: :bigup: :bigup: Rob

Personally I think the show was ok ... yup, just OK.
Concidering that I did not go last year.
I think that there was alot of cars there that shouldn't have
been there...
They say that they were only going to except the "Best of the Best" cars ... Ummmm okay ....

Don't get me wrong, I like alot of the cars ... there wasn't as
many as I expected there to be but they were nice.

I saw a couple of cars where the bumper was falling off, and was
temporarily fixed ... I mean come on ... and some cars were "Under construction" ummm sure ....

Anyway It was ok, we ended up paying a fortune, to get in,
plus $12 for parking, the food ... I don't mind ... but like I said if there were more cars, I would of liked it alot better..

Thats just my opinion ...

Re: LOG1K

Originally posted by MP5[SCP]
Dude, there was no Trac Racing booth. I believe that they were there with a couple of cars, but it was not a booth setup.

That's what I saw... It's just that I had heard a guy I know was going to expose with the trac racing team and I was looking for him and didn't see him at the show...

I thought the show was pretty good. I liked the fact that there were some sponsors there, though I do concede that they did take up alot of room. If they had used the other rooms (like last year) also it would have been fine that Street Force etc. took up a huge area.

I really appreciated the fact that the MUC Police and SQ was there though I did find that many of the people that went to talk to them were pretty rude, I think it an excellent step in the right direction.

I also loved the fact that there were some lowriders, I know that the sportcompact scene and lowrider scene are completely different, but I didn't even know there was a lowrider scene in Montreal, and I think both scenes have the same age demographic.

What I found disapointing was that there were a ton of above average cars from Ontario that could have easily been replaced by above average cars from Quebec. I totally appreciate bringing in sick cars from all over or even regular cars that people simply havent really explored here as yet (ie. Stillen Maxima from Conn.), but I have more fun when I have to walk to the back of the car to see a Quebec plate then when I look under the front bumper to discover Ontario.

I thought the show was very good..
I talked to many ppl from many differnt companies and I got some great contacts..

great show:bigup:

Overall I liked the show. There were a lot of nice cars, some nice girls (although most were not my style) I got to see some really nice rides. I also like the SUV`s on 24's, the lowriders on pneumatic and all that.

Now the complaints. Very bad use of space, it should be arranged so that you can easily know where you are and where you have been, not just running around. I think it's a bit too noisy, IMO you could just skip the DJ (could be a show but not all day long)and try to place the Audio guys far from each other, so that the music doesn't mix with the other's. And my last complaint, what's with the "Under Construction" thing? Why would I be interested in seeing a car in primer with sotck 14" wheels?? I REALLY don't get why those car were in. Please wait another year if your car is not done.

Thanks for the answers, that you gave me...this wasn't a bash just some questions that I wanted to know the answers to, thanks for your time, that would suck getting knocked out in front of all the people at the show by an exhaust system...lol:bigup:

One minor complain. Almost all of the DSM's were riced up NT cars. With about 12 Quebec DSM's that run 12's or 11's, I found it odd... It would be fun to have a real performer (Marco from Magnus, Ian Mccurrie from Magnus, Andre from NJ, etc...)

I didn't notice that one... where was it? Was it in a both, or mixed with the rest of the show cars? What type of car was it?

Originally posted by Yello_Pro5

And my last complaint, what's with the "Under Construction" thing? Why would I be interested in seeing a car in primer with sotck 14" wheels?? I REALLY don't get why those car were in. Please wait another year if your car is not done.

Thanks for all the constructive criticism guys. Here's a few interesting facts that may answer some questions.

SCP1=75 cars SCP2=335 cars SCP3=462 cars

69% cars form Quebec 18% cars from Ontario 10% from USA

Total square footage

SCP1=75,000 SCP2=165,000 SCP3=225,000

Every year we try our hardest to deliver to Montreal the biggest and baddest event that exists. If anybody out there is a true, hardcore, carshow addict and has travelled around to see shows on the East Coast, then you would quickly admit that SCP is one of the best. When we had nothing but Quebec cars, everybody complained that oyu could have seen them at the Julep. We deliver cars from outside and now we get blamed for not "representing" the Montreal scene. We have more cars than ever before but somehow it's still not enough. As for vendor booths, we used to get complaints that Manufacturers never gave love to Montreal. SCP now has more commercial support than any other show on Canada. Then there's the "variety" issue. What's wromg with encompassing sport compacts, lowriders, dubs, race cars, bicycles and minis altogether? We try our best to have something for everybody. Not everyone is into turbos and rollcages. At the end of the day, SCP will continue being the leader in lifestyle automotive events in the country. After reviewing some of these childish critics, it won't stop Team SCP from getting bigger and better every year. As for the supporters and those with constructive criticism, we appreciate the input and we'll do our best to apply it to our future events.

Originally posted by MP5[SCP]
I didn't notice that one... where was it? Was it in a both, or mixed with the rest of the show cars? What type of car was it?

MX-3 If I'm not mistaken. If I recall correctly it was near the gold Paseo. It was near the stage, on the left side. Not too sure, but it was flat grey with stock mazda 14" mag.

Originally posted by TeamSCP
Thanks for all the constructive criticism guys. Here's a few interesting facts that may answer some questions.

Total square footage

Every year we try our hardest to deliver to Montreal the biggest and baddest event that exists. If anybody out there is a true, hardcore, carshow addict and has travelled around to see shows on the East Coast, then you would quickly admit that SCP is one of the best. When we had nothing but Quebec cars, everybody complained that oyu could have seen them at the Julep. We deliver cars from outside and now we get blamed for not "representing" the Montreal scene. We have more cars than ever before but somehow it's still not enough. As for vendor booths, we used to get complaints that Manufacturers never gave love to Montreal. SCP now has more commercial support than any other show on Canada. Then there's the "variety" issue. What's wromg with encompassing sport compacts, lowriders, dubs, race cars, bicycles and minis altogether? We try our best to have something for everybody. Not everyone is into turbos and rollcages. At the end of the day, SCP will continue being the leader in lifestyle automotive events in the country. After reviewing some of these childish critics, it won't stop Team SCP from getting bigger and better every year. As for the supporters and those with constructive criticism, we appreciate the input and we'll do our best to apply it to our future events.

All I have to say is wow... You guys really outdo yourselves year in, year out. Props to you guys for not only making the best show in Quebec (if not in Canada, I liked it better than DKN) but also gaining the respect of American rides... Congratulations guys, and thanks for all the hard work!:bigup:

The good was all the crap that was being given out left and right, the bad was the lack of unique cars. I found their was just too many Civics.... no RX-7s, only like 2 Porsches, 1 Viper, 1 Lotus.....

Originally posted by TeamSCP

Total square footage

:bigup: Keep it up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back