More from Hallstatt Austria:

8283181094_ec109f88c0_b.jpg

8282124311_e01c33f39a_b.jpg

8283184216_55d9368886_b.jpg

8282127505_0e2598f37c_b.jpg

8283187588_84b60259b5_b.jpg

8283191284_a282d0d7c8_b.jpg

8282135303_2a1b4da458_b.jpg

On our way towards Innsbruck, seriously some of the funnest roads I've ever driven on.

8282137337_0534df60b3_b.jpg

8282138629_18b3d27807_b.jpg

An nice abandoned home in Innsbruck, kinda creepy.

8283198872_733f1798e2_b.jpg

I've read of people switching to the Fuji-X line for pro work, but I'd honestly never be able to do it. The focus is still not as fast as DSLR, and the D800 with 36mp resolution is amazing when you have control over your subjects/lighting.

It's definitely sufficient, and I hopefully will have my 2nd camera as a Fuji-X (much lighter as well), but it will be a while before I get rid of my nikon(s).

From what Ive seen the OMD has crazy fast focus speed.. I just want a new system to have fun shooting with for the weekly stuff ( meets..drags etc ) and keep my big gear for major events and contracts... And with everybody showing up to meets with DSLR's it will be fun to be different lol

Went out today to test the 50mm 1.8 for the first time in daylight... The goal was to try and take decent car shots. Obviously it's much more of a portrait lens, but if you have the space it does the job just fine. I took a bunch of pictures but this one is probably my favorite, so I figured I'd share.

DSC02043.jpg

From what Ive seen the OMD has crazy fast focus speed.. I just want a new system to have fun shooting with for the weekly stuff ( meets..drags etc ) and keep my big gear for major events and contracts... And with everybody showing up to meets with DSLR's it will be fun to be different lol

without doing my salesman. Come by my store and try it, Got one in demo.

Yeah I know what you mean. For meets and stuff, that's why I bring mine. Plus jpeg OOC from the fuji's look great.

I find it funny seeing all these kids with DSLRs and tripods taking pictures of every single car there, with a 3 second exposure. Last big meet I went to, I almost tripped on 2 of them.

Hey guys, i have to do a portrait/boudoir photo set for a friend. What lens would you guys recommend for that ? I will be doing it inside her place and it's not really big (small 3 1/2). I really like shallow depth of field and i have one flash + umbrella + softbox. Sigma 35mm 1.4 ? 50 1.4 ? I know that some of you will recommend the 24-70mm 2.8 from canon but i was wondering if it's a lot better than the 24-70mm 2.8 from tamron that just came out. Anyway i'm waiting for your tips/tricks for a good lens.

Thanks

There is not a specific lens for a specific job..

You use the lens you're most comfortable with for the job.

35mm, 50mm, 24-70mm.. they are all good for what you want to do.

Take them all with you, do not just bring one lens.

About the Canon vs. Tamron lens.. rent them together and compare them.

I had a Sigma 24-70mm and switched to Canon because the Sigma was giving a LOT of lens flare in the studio.. Since then I do not use Sigma but I don't know about Tamron.. this can be worth comparing two lens in the same conditions

Hey guys, i have to do a portrait/boudoir photo set for a friend. What lens would you guys recommend for that ? I will be doing it inside her place and it's not really big (small 3 1/2). I really like shallow depth of field and i have one flash + umbrella + softbox. Sigma 35mm 1.4 ? 50 1.4 ? I know that some of you will recommend the 24-70mm 2.8 from canon but i was wondering if it's a lot better than the 24-70mm 2.8 from tamron that just came out. Anyway i'm waiting for your tips/tricks for a good lens.

Thanks

If its a small place, I'd say the 35mm or 24-70. 50mm if you're in full-frame. Depends what type of look you're going for also, but I would do a mix between wide full-body shots, then a few "closer-up" with the 35mm (crop), or 50mm (full).

Possibly a D800, but will wait for the spring because I don't see any sales coming for boxing day, lol.

For Boxing day guy, I don't want to be a dreambreaker but don't hope for a rebate on the D800, I'd be very surprise that something happens. Same for the OM-D, but better chances.

Thanks

on full frame, use the 50mm or the 24-70. And If you can get an old 24-70 F2.8 from Canon, go for it, but it won't be under warranty. So for the price, I'd get the Tamron witch is almost as better as the first version.

I'm not expecting it either. I almost bought the refurb D800 deal at $2300, but I'll wait till the spring.

Back