New puppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camry90

i just got a German Shepard.... 2 months old and she's very cute. i haven't had a dog in a while(15 years) i'm doing research on my part but do you guys have any suggestions/tips for me?

Where did you get her from? How much? I wanna see pics, im still waiting to find a nice german baby for a decent price..

Ive had 1 german shepard before, what kind of tips and suggestions u looking for ?

and post pics...

to be more exact, she is 3/4 German and 1/4 Husky... i got it off a friend, he still have 5 left, 2 males and 3 females.
tips and in DOs and DON'Ts
DSC05540.jpg

I have a german shepherd husky too :)

Well, I should have definitely done more research before getting a dog.

-Crate train the dog. Read up on it. It's a really good thing.
-Go to basic obedience classes
-Start training her right away with commands. They are never too young to learn. This is the perfect time.
-Never hit her or threaten her with a shoe or anything. This will traumatize her for a long time and may ruin the trust she had for you.
-Take her out a lot for her pees and poos. She'll get a routine that is easy for you to follow but only after a little while.
-Exercise! These breeds need a lot of exercise. Huskies need to RUN RUN RUN, they never give up. And German Shepherds love mental exercise. Get a ball and teach her to fetch!
-Most of all, I can't say this enough. I'm still learning this after a year. PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE!!! Sometimes you might wanna ring her neck. After she's chewed your favorite shoe, favorite cd, dining room table, couches, peed on the floor 57 times. Trust me, you will probably lose your patience. If you do, don't take it out on her. Espescially if you don't catch her in the act.

I'm still reading up on tons of things every day. My dog has seperation anxiety so I have a lot of things to learn.

There is a lot of stuff on the internet that can help you :D

good luck!!!

All those tips should be a very good start! :)

Make sure to ignore her when she is crying after you for attention...if you interact with or talk to her when she does that your only telling her: It's ok, go ahead...cry, you'll get plenty of attention, continue like that...
I know it's hard because we are all tented to say oh nooooo it's okayyyyy *hug* *hug*
Basically, always ignore the bad behavior, and always reward the good behavior....each and every time she does someting you want (at the beginning) Keep some threats in your pocket at any time to train her in the firsts months....because you have to reward immediately after she does what you want....if you take the time to go in the closet to get a cookie, she wont necesserely make the association between "I do this exact thing and after I get a cookie"

If you want you can go to your vet, they alway have plenty of documentation they can give you when you get a new puppy :)

And don't forget that his health is very important...it's often much cheaper to do prevention than to heal ;)

Good luck!! By the way, she's really cute!! :bigup:

thank you for your comments. now i need to get myself a cage AND find her a name:dunno:

so cute !!! im getting a Doberman this week , Red/Fire , Pure . 1200$ :p i cant wait to get it !!!!

TheGodZ said:
so cute !!! im getting a Doberman this week , Red/Fire , Pure . 1200$ :p i cant wait to get it !!!!

GET PICS.

Doberman's rule.Wors of advice.LOADS OF PATIENCE.He well test you thrust me lol.

Were did you get him/her ???

pup:

pbpic437404.jpg

half grown:

DSC01603.jpg

full grown:

DSC01704.jpg

note that is not me rofl

I saw the 1st pic of the dog..............thats not a pure German shepard.........Well the pic doesnt seem to make it look pure.....Ive raised 3 german shepard pure.......And i have a puppy of 5 months

samm said:
I saw the 1st pic of the dog..............thats not a pure German shepard.........Well the pic doesnt seem to make it look pure.....Ive raised 3 german shepard pure.......And i have a puppy of 5 months

read my frind read

shepperd mix with husky

DSC05552.jpg

i started Crate train her, she doesn't like it. she weeps all the time... what should i do? she's got toys in her cage and all:dunno:

Dobbermans are AWESOME, we had like 4-5 when i was young, one won a contest of discipline, she was like the best dog in Québec or someshit.. i miss that dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back