New NSX drivetrain test mule

Status
Not open for further replies.
car looks bad. looks like the RX-8 a bit. with the s2k back and a melted front end.

its super long too. MEH. i'll wait to see a production version.

hope honda has a few secrets up its sleeve

front mounted V10, awd .... 2 extra doors bonus

audi_s6_2006_012.jpg

Well if were comparing an nsx to that pos doesn't stand a chance. 3.8-4.0 V10 450hp I wonder how much that weigh in comparison to the gallardo v10 alone. An m5 destroys that anyways... And a m5 beats a gallardo with 2 extra doors...

Well if were comparing an nsx to that pos doesn't stand a chance. 3.8-4.0 V10 450hp I wonder how much that weigh in comparison to the gallardo v10 alone. An m5 destroys that anyways... And a m5 beats a gallardo with 2 extra doors...

it's all speculations at this point... but if it's front engined, and awd like people are speculating, it's a shame, not faithful to the original.

just curious though, if the V10 S6 is POS, what term would you use to define what you drive?

it's all speculations at this point... but if it's front engined, and awd like people are speculating, it's a shame, not faithful to the original.

just curious though, if the V10 S6 is POS, what term would you use to define what you drive?

I think he was trying to say that the NSX-S2000 is meant to be a lightweight sports car with the emphasis on driving pleasure in contrast to the Audi which is more practical, heavier and less ''pure'' of a driving experience.

An m5 destroys that anyways... And a m5 beats a gallardo with 2 extra doors...

So......:dunno: I still would take a Gallardo before an M5!

By the way you can't track an M5 for more than 5 power Laps without modification and you can in the Gallardo, NSX and S2000. So in the long run, the M5 would be far behind in a 60 Laps race.

Bordel, c'est comme une S2K, mais version allongé avec un HardTop *td*.

Je préfère l'ancien modèle...

Bordel, c'est comme une S2K, mais version allongé avec un HardTop *td*.

Je préfère l'ancien modèle...

C'est probablement relié au fait que c'est une S2k sur la photo.

Lisez le titre au complet :run:

I'm confused... Wasn't the concensus on the NSX that it is an almost too good to be true car, but totally lacking in soul and character?

that can't be further from the truth. it's almost too good to be a true exotic car, which it is...and bonus is that it has absolutely a unique soul and character. those who think otherwise have never actually lived with it and enjoyed it everytime the car is driven.

By the way you can't track an M5 for more than 5 power Laps without modification and you can in the Gallardo, NSX and S2000. So in the long run, the M5 would be far behind in a 60 Laps race.

and I have to disagree here... remember that video of the NSX-R vs ferrari, lamborghini, porsche and BMW?
well the nsx-r was the only one that had troubles finishing the laps

to NSXMOFO :
hmmm excuse me but a NSX is NOT an exotic car

X2 m5 is not a track car

and I have to disagree here... remember that video of the NSX-R vs ferrari, lamborghini, porsche and BMW?

Simple bad luck.

The NSX is at the very top of every reliability poll I've seen.

to NSXMOFO :
hmmm excuse me but a NSX is NOT an exotic car

you are so mistaken. the nsx was designed to target ferrari back in 1991 and scared ferrari enough into making more reliable exotics. if that's not 1 of many things that define an exotic, then i don't know what is.

i never said "supercar", but i said "exotic car". they mean 2 different things. typically the newer or current designs of the latest exotic car is now known as supercars. back in the late 80's to early 90's, there weren't much if any that were considered supercars...but only exotic cars.

so excuuuuuse me but you need to read it in the context of the time and original intent of the development and design. therefore, in today's terms the nsx is still considered an exotic car - never a supercar.

Last edited:
Simple bad luck.

The NSX is at the very top of every reliability poll I've seen.

yep, the only thing i have to do for maintenance on my 2003 nsx is change the oil every 3000 miles (my choice), check brakes, check fluids, etc. nothing much...and do it myself. just brought it in for 15,000 mile maintenance at dealer and costed me us$103. that's why ferrari was worried in 1991...a highly reliable (rock solid as a civic) that is also an exotic car - major paradigm shift that was one of the reasons why we are here we are today with all the neat cars we see and read about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back