Chimo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fl4k

Hey guys, ive had this car lying around for the past 10 years in my driveway and ive actually gotten to start the project. It is a 1974 Volkswagen based (Chimo) Kit Car. Everything on it has to be replaced, but thats the fun part , i guess. It sounds like a beast, and looks like one. Ill be updating this thread with new pictures and new details. Heres what it looks like.
leftviewdg6.jpg

frontir2.jpg

backic2.jpg

insidekt6.jpg

I also have a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szd3zIb68Ds

Put the Volume really high. And listen

IS this a joke :dunno:

if yes :bigup:

if no :bigup:

Oh and BTW i like the passenger Sparco wood seat:bigup:

Thanks for the positive comments.

And for some answers, no the frame is not made of plywood. It is made of steel, the only place you see plywood, is the center consol, the chair and the dash. Everything else was carpeted, and we teared it off due to it smelled awfull, and was torn + we needed to see how the floor looked like. The body is made of fiberglass and everything is either steel or aluminum.

It does have a hint of delorean to it, it was the first thing that came to mind when i first saw this thing.

Ill keep you guys updated very soon, im already started to fix all the wiring, and puting in new circuit boards for some fun reasons :D

Also, if you have any idea of what color I should paint it, give me some ideas. Even though im not even worried about that now, i want to have an idea.
Photoshop if you want..

what kind of rear light wil be on that car ??

On the picture post above, it looks like those who were on old Cavalier rs ?...

cav2.jpg

I cant get any pictures right now because my camera is dead and charging, but tomorrow I will get you a picture of what the tailights will be when the car is done. At this moment from memory the tail lights resemble these just a bit.

taillightslt0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back