Telus + Collection Agency = WTF! pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

I woke up by a call at home this morning, and a whatever company wants to talk to my dad. I take those stupid telemarketing calls or whatever stranger calls as usual. Yes, I'm Mr.....

They say they are a Collection Agency and I (dad) didn't pay the payment since few months and ask wassup. My answer is I don't have any cell phone or account with Telus Mobility. My dad don't even have a cellphone!!

They just keep saying I owe them 1000$ something and I need to pay. I keep saying I never have an account with Telus, I ask them to send me a bill. The guy from the collection say I'm not Telus, I don't have pay bill.

How the hell you want me to pay a bill if you want me to pay it?!!! He said they try to contact me since 3 months and can't get in touch. BS! I told him I live here since 13 yrs, same address and never receive a call or a letter from you people. He say I'm lying. There is no agreement between the guy and me, we hang up.

2 minutes later, his supervisor call me again, saying that I have to payl the bill, if not, my credit rating will go bad, I keep saying I don't have any account with Telus Mobility!! They still saying they do have a doc with Telus and with my dad's name on it. I told him to send me the doc and the bill then, they don't want to send it. I asked How the hell you want me to pay something if you don't have a bill?! They repeat the same thing.....OMFG!.

I told her mail me the freaking thing, registered the letter and make sure I signed for the letter with the mailman. She start saying I'm playing games with them! I told her wtf I'm playing game, I ask you to send me the doc and the bill by mail, registered it so 100% I receive it! I start getting angry and she doesn't want to keep talking, but threat that she will mail the stuff and within 5 days, they want me to contact them, or else, they will process to another level of action. *blah**blah**blah**blah*

Rant of the day and I still don't know what's going on.

I'm 200% my parents don't have any account with Telus Mobility. My mom is using Fido and I'm paying her bill, my dad don't have a cellphone, he takes my mom's phone if he needed one.

did you check your mail and sure that there was a letter from Telus and you thought it was an ad or something

I had the same thing happen someone use my address to sign up to a Fido cell and they never paid the bill but i would get them
So i call Fido to explain to them and they said that they would take care of it
I gave the person my address and ask them to check with Fido

call Telus and give them your address ask about it if you have an account with them

did you check your mail and sure that there was a letter from Telus and you thought it was an ad or something

I had the same thing happen someone use my address to sign up to a Fido cell and they never paid the bill but i would get them
So i call Fido to explain to them and they said that they would take care of it
I gave the person my address and ask them to check with Fido

call Telus and give them your address ask about it if you have an account with them

Yes, I will do that.

Thhe collection agency claim that my last payment is up to March...so somebody paid the bill before..

u could've been victim of a fraud... and u did great on the phone... it could either be someone made a telus account using your name and infos... or the collecting agency is full of sh*t trying to scam u... just call telus and they will fix the problem, cuz i had a client come in once for the same problem... he spent 30min on the phone but finally left happy

be careful, there's so much fraud going on... "Desjardins" called my mom and tried collecting infos on her, claiming that she needs to renew her insurance and blabla, but it wasn't true

Look at my signature. Call Equifax and transunion immediately and check if all credit inquiries they have on file are legitimate, tell them you believe you are a victim of fraud and make sure your dad calls, not you, they will figure it out pretty quickly and that could get you into trouble.

No matter what happens, your dad has to stay cool emotionally and not take any comments or anything personal.

Let me know and I hope all is fine, that it's just a mistake on the collection agency's part.

It's funny because i've had the same thing happen to me with Bell mobility. The guy at the agency was saying with a strong arabic accent that I had unpaid bills and had been trying to find me for a year, that they had sent multiple bills. But they somehow had my address wrong and phone number wrong so I didn't receive them. Told him to **** off since I didn't have a cell phone back then and told him to never talk to me again. I haven't heard from them yet.

Called Telus and transferred me to another department, I told the lady some collection agency tried to get me pay a bill from Telus Mobility, The search my name and my postal code and nothing shows on the database.

I said, it's perfectly normal since I don't have any account with Telus, and the freaking agency should give me a reference number when collection a bill.

Freaking scammer calls.

Oh and one thing I noticed, he wanted me to pay RIGHT AWAY, without ever seeing a bill, and got my name wrong 2-3 times.

It's funny because i've had the same thing happen to me with Bell mobility. The guy at the agency was saying with a strong arabic accent that I had unpaid bills and had been trying to find me for a year, that they had sent multiple bills. But they somehow had my address wrong and phone number wrong so I didn't receive them. Told him to **** off since I didn't have a cell phone back then and told him to never talk to me again. I haven't heard from them yet.

I will wait if they really send me a letter or not. Screw them.

They ruin my morning and woke me up early. :squintfin

Sounds like a scam. It may not be a collection agency. If they call, ask them about theyr business and that you will investigate on them. Looks like fraud. Like you said, you the hell would pay a bill them never saw? This is fishing big time.

That's most likely a scam!

You should try to get more info about the so-called "collection agency" and get the police involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back