Wicked ride in Vermont this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-R

Shop Representative
I spent the weekend in Vermont riding this past weekend. I fell in love with riding once again. The roads are so nice, so pretty and there are so many gaps and mountain passes to go up and over. It's really a biker's paradise.
if anyone is looking to go for a nice ride down there, contact me and I'll set up a sick day ride.

Last edited:
Vermonts has the nicest roads...and the cops are usually waiting right after the border but after that it's usually quite empty roads.

Looks like you had a really nice bike trip there Chris. It makes me remember how badly I need a roadbike.

I was there to breaking in my friends new 600RR. I was there all day Saturday, did alot of roads over there like the 17. Very nice roads like you said, way better than what we have here.

You should go to Deals Gap in Tenessee. I was there about a month ago and it's even better than Vermont, trust me. If you want more info on it, let me know. It took us 14 hours to get there by truck with our bikes in a closed trailor and we stayed there 6 days at 28$ a day for our motel room. 2 per room, twin queen size beds in each room so it was really cheap.

You went to "slay the dragon" huh? Nice!
I would like to make it down there for a little ride. It will have to be later on in the summer though, when I have more time.

Who's up for a ride this weekend?

Yep except the dragon bit me (hahaha, yep went down in a left hand turn, caught some gravel, low sided and winded up in a ditch 35 feet down right next to my bike). I got lucky, neither me or my bike where hurt. My bike got the pipe ripped off and the peg also and the left mirror to but the rest was fine. Put the pipe back with some tie-wraps and continued riding for the rest of the week.

If you want to go there, either go in spring or and the very end of the summer because from June till end of August, it's packed with tourist (what every one there told us) and your stuck riding in trafic wich is not fun, trust me with the roads over there, you never want to be stuck in trafic. Roads are amazing there and in very good condition.

I was not lucky when I caught the gravel because it was basically one of only 2 curves that had gravel in the whole road but I was going way to fast to do anything about it and most of the corners there are blind. I got to the corner pretty fast and was already leaning over on my peg then blam, I see gravel, to fast to slow down and raise the bike so I just take a chance and hope for the best. Loose the front, tumble like crazy on the street for 2 or 3 tumbles worth, then start feeling branches and trees hitting me and I'm seeing trees, sky, trees, sky, trees sky and then finally a tree stops me. It was a real blast and I got off with nothing, nada. A little road rash on my hip and legs and that's it. My helmet never even hit the road or anything else. I got out of the ditch and felt fine but the adrenaline was pumping like crazy after that spill. What a rush but I got to tell you, I was kinda scared after that for about an hour or two, then it was back to normal grinding my pegs and having fun with my friends.

If you go there, go talk to the guy that runs the store at the end of the Deals Gap. He's actually a Quebec guy that got a job there (lucky SOB). He rides the dragon every day to come to work. He was real cool with us and even gave me some duck tape and tie-wraps to put my bike back together after the spill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back