GTI or VR6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost-Dawg

Hey guyz... im doing some shopping around for my next car which will be a tuner car and why not start in one of the best places but the VW world :) Anyways to get back on topic...

I dont know much intensly about the VW world and where their cars rank but im looking for a really nice and fast Golf... Im talking about the 04 body style... I would love an R32 but thats a lil too much out of my price range so I know the GTI and VR6 and closer to home...

FOr a tuner I would just like to know which would be a better investment... a GTI or a VR6

Im told the GTI is lighter and faster but the vr6 has a way nicer sound and more torque... so can anyone give me some info on both plz... thx :)

1.8t, chip, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, FMIC, straight pipe exhaust, better clutch, and im probably forgetting some other essential parts ( im too tired)
and you have your self a fast and loud car.
I heard one rip it next to us while we were on our way back to the hotel from waterfest and it was beautifull and sounded really good aswell

So its better to get a vr6 or a GTI? I just want to know the difference between the 2

the vr6 is just an engine availible in both golf and jetta models

the gti is a trim, it can come with either a 1.8t or a vr6

the 1.8t is also offered in both golfs and jettas.

so it dosnt make a difference wether its a vr6 or a 1.8T cause they are both GTIs right? so then from what I hear from you guyz... 1.8 T is the way to go

I'm somewhat biased because I have a 1.8T but if I was to do it all over again in the mk4 world, i'd get a 2.0 GLS with a 3.2 VR swap.

This is going to get fugly...

If you like the VR6, the sound is SWEET... I have one and love it... I do WANT to SWAP a bigger engine in it tho. 3.2? :p

And if you lkike the 1.8T, they are not cheaper, they are as powerfull, so it's a choice.

GOOD LUCK!

I DO love the sound of a VR6, but in my opinion, for the same amount of money on both engines, 1.8T will be pulling away.. VR6 are more expensive to mod, APPARENTLY.. But if you DO go VR6, GO 24V!

Cory

Edit: Oh and I belive if money isn't a factor, VR has more potential.

VR has more potential if you have a lot of $ to put in... 1.8T are easier and cheaper to reach big numbers..

It's a question of taste.. they are pretty the same stock though...

if u dont have alot of money to drop in to ure engine id get a 1.8t , ull be faster for less money , my friend has a 24 v vr6 and hes bored of it cause u can only do so much b4 u have to drop the big $$$ to get more power

but both cars have there advantages i find, just depends which u like better...like said above , go test drive them both and ull see for urself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back