my 505cid pontiac Aluminum block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun putting the power down coming out of the corner :p

What tires are you going to run in the rear.. 315s?

yeah the price you saw was for the block only, not including the machining, prepping and shipping.

nop! 1/4 sucks! im building a corner carver, wana bust the common mentality of old cars cant handle, thats why i got the lighter aluminum block and not the iron block like most 1/4 guys. also my T-56 6 speed wont last long if i keap blasting down the 1/4 with it, ther tough but to a sertin point, ill be putting out alot more power then the viper with alot more weight load on the tranny then the viper puts on it. but mind you my Viper spec T-56 is from the Viper Ram sooo. might be built tougher. and if it busts, im sending it to G force transmissions in the states.

My father had a '78 T/A 6.6L with the REAL 6.6 being a Pontiac not the 403 Olds...:bigup: I'll have to scan an old pic of it in! It was 4spd and ordered without any decals! It was a nice metallic blue. He changed the camshaft and thats about it. He sold it in the mid 80's with super low miles to a guy in the Air Force stationed out the now closed PAFB.

They were one of the best handling cars you could get back then and you can make them handle even better.

I'm going to make my next project 5.0L a corner carver...doesn't take alot really. The 93 I just picked up handles pretty well but has full suspension, 17x9 rims, etc.

good luck with the stang, hope to do some lapping with ya one day.

yeah my year trans ams are VERY VERY under rated for there handling . take the same year vette and it would murder it in the corners!

transmission de viper dans un pontiac mais pas de moteur chevy dans un gm ! pourquoi pas une lenco ou une gerico if you can

transmission de viper dans un pontiac mais pas de moteur chevy dans un gm ! pourquoi pas une lenco ou une gerico if you can

Tremec is not made by Mopar, Tremec is a Transmission maker wich makes different model transmissions ( car or truck) and auto makers fit it into there cars like dodge, gm, ford and, Aston Martin...

why not a lenco or gerico, cus i got my T-56 off ebay for $890 from a 05-06 Viper Ram with 20,000 milles. have you priced lenco lighting rods $$$$$, plus if mine fails, im sending it to Gforce transmissions to get the 800-900 HP kit. hardened wider gears, steel shift forks instead of aluminum syncro upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back