Call to Cognac experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Pete

Legacy Member
My grandfather had a very old bottle of cognac and i was wondering if anyone here knows the approximate value and other things about it...

here it is :

*more pictures at bottom*

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about the year, that's the problem... i'm gonna look again on it for one but not sure if it's written. ( not open )

WEll, on the seal it says : "VINTAGE 1865"

Rouyer Guillet & Cie, "Sous Louis XIV" Reserve D'ange
What the label says its the year therefore you just said 1865 and thats the year it was put out 143 years ago!!!
yours has the angel so its right reserve and right bottle

id say price is above 2000$
Remy Martin Extra thats 50 years old is 400$ at SAQ and if i may add is amazing

i can only imagine the taste of this bottle....

look at this
The Rémy Martin Louis 13 cognac is aged from 40-100 years in specially crafted rare oak barrels, called tiercons. They are overseen by three generations of cellarmasters spanning a century with one simple aim: creating the best cognac liquor.

that bottle Remy Martin Louis 13 is 2500$ at SAQ

and your bottle is still 40 years OLDER then a louis 13 100 year old bottle

well.... i said over 2000$.... i was wrong... unless the brand you hold SUCKS.... then the bottle should be over 3500$.... (again unless the brand sucks)

Great condition bottle, pretty sure you could get in the thousands for it.

Now from what I know, there's 2 kinds of collectors: those who want the bottle and those who want the Cognac inside...

Yours wasn't bottle all that long ago (in Cognac years anyway) so the value comes from the Cognac. I bet it was pretty expensive when it was bought!

Now what *I* would do personnally is choose the right occasion, and drink it myself with a few important people in your life. Talk about how this liquid your pouring down you throat is 143 years old, how this is super ****ing cool that is (IMO) and have a great time. Man can you imagine how much the world change since then??????

BUT CONSULT A REAL EXPERT BEFORE OPENING IT. YOU NEVER KNOW... might be worth more...less...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back