If you had to choose between...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i test drove the R6 as well 08.... and i didnt like it at all... and i just didnt feel "safe" on it

it was WAYYYYYYYY too nervous...it needs a damper 100000000%

the brakes are amazing however....

Gixxer for me all the way

russian_m3 used to be a Yamaha fan all the way and look at him now .... 07 Gixxer 600 ;)

we both had R1s at one point (which where stolen :() so we have tried and driven other brands as well....

in the end the gixxer600 to me is the best all around bike and the nicest (the R6 looks like an insect)

yeah, the gixxer750 red and black is just plain crazy looking but i don't have the experience or cash to buy it :(

I have an 99 cbr600 instead. I'm still please with it though.

I took a look at the Kawa 636. They were named 6R and classed into the 600cc category but are 636cc instead. They were manufactured from '03 to '06. From what I've read, the only problem of these bikes is the tach meter. Very hard to read in every situations (day or night).

Yes, I'm a beginner. Yes I still do not have a license, but I'm planning on getting one this summer and getting a bike next summer. Flamme me if you want, but I'm really digging the 05 or 06 Kawa 636cc. This might not be a beginner bike, but as I said to many people, my first car is a Lancer Ralliart 2006. Thougher to ride than a Focus or a Protege, but that's what I wanted.

I like the 05 and 06 design of Kawa. It is nearly the same design as the 07, where the exhaust is hidden under the tail. I saw it at a dealer Friday night and I totally felt in love. I don't like when the exhaust is big (like the '08 GSX-R). Anyway, looks are opinions. I'm not planning on buying the Kawa only for the look, but also for the reliability of the bike and how I feel confortable on it. I've sit on GSX-R, R6, Kawa and Triumph. So far, the Kawa was the most confortable for me and it has been rated to be one of the most "street friendly" bike back in '05 and '06.

jonnycowboy : Why the Triumph ? I know it's a good bike, but did you try it ? Can you explain why you're making this statement ?

Cheers,

Neo

Yes, I'm a beginner. Yes I still do not have a license, but I'm planning on getting one this summer and getting a bike next summer. Flamme me if you want, but I'm really digging the 05 or 06 Kawa 636cc. This might not be a beginner bike, but as I said to many people, my first car is a Lancer Ralliart 2006. Thougher to ride than a Focus or a Protege, but that's what I wanted.

Cheers,

Neo

No offense dude, but driving a lancer ralliart (as opposed to a focus or protege) does NOT automatically make you a better rider on a bike. You can drive a Ferrari or Lambo, but it doesnt mean you can hop onto a 600cc supersport bike and ride like a pro.

Riding a bike is VERY different from driving a car, and the only similarities between the two are the fact that they both have manual transmissions (if you do drive manual now) and they both go on the road. Even a dinky little 500cc beginner bike will do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, which is faster than 98% of the cars out there.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything...just letting you know for your own safety ;) It's better to start on an older, smaller bike to learn how to ride, rather than to hop straight onto a new 600cc supersport and wipe out within the first week of ownership.

To add a bit more of what gooseman try to say:

I'm sure there's people somewhere(pretty sure in montreal) get a porsche as a first car and can't drive a bike decently(even a 500).

A lancer raliart isn't really more powefull then a civic and plenty of people have that as a first car ;)
it just show that you got more money then others.

lol at bike vs car comparison

the only car in the world that compares to a bike is a T-Rex (if you can call it a car)

The idea of bringing the Ralliart in the topic was mostly to let people understand that even if everyone around me told me to buy a cheap car, I got the car I wanted. I'm not saying I'm a better driver because of that or that I will be on a bike, sorry for the misundertanding. My point was, I get what I want even if it's not cheap. If I **** up something, that will be my fault.

Je suis têtu ;)

I know everyone is telling me to get an older bike. Well for me, 2005 is old enough. Anyway, I'm not buying a bike before next year so I got plenty of time to think about it.

Anyway, topic isn't really about me, it's about the bikes.

What do you guys own ?

The idea of bringing the Ralliart in the topic was mostly to let people understand that even if everyone around me told me to buy a cheap car, I got the car I wanted. I'm not saying I'm a better driver because of that or that I will be on a bike, sorry for the misundertanding. My point was, I get what I want even if it's not cheap. If I **** up something, that will be my fault.

Je suis têtu ;)

I know everyone is telling me to get an older bike. Well for me, 2005 is old enough. Anyway, I'm not buying a bike before next year so I got plenty of time to think about it.

Anyway, topic isn't really about me, it's about the bikes.

What do you guys own ?

Yeah but in this case, if you "**** up", YOU DEAD.

My slightly biased choice would be the 05/06 ZX6r. 36 extra CCs bitches :D

Plus i LOVE the look of the green. Hell i almost painted my old 95 CBR F3 green when the 636 came out in 05

bla bla bla ... the kawa is more powerful then other 600cc.. BLA BLA BLA...

define more powerful ?!!?!?!

Ill OWN you on a 500cc while you'll be BITTING MY DUST on your 636 ;)

its all about experience , a bike can be as fast as a plane , as a beginner will you be able to use it's power to the max ?
NO !

guys a motorcycle is a chick magnet , but if thats the only reason you wanna get one , also to impress all your friends , please don't get a bike, you will end up hurting yourself.

if u got extra $$ laying around , then go ahead get a new bike , drop it a couple of times , kill it due to lack of experience... then good luck re-selling it. but again if you got too much $$$ and u dont care about depreciation, then go ahead get a new bike...

look at munchy for exemple , he got a bike just for the status ... he still gonna be a newbie on bikes for the next couple of years... but he still got a used older bike (that still looked good)
dropped it a couple of times , learned on his mistakes , got a nice 636 now and thats it, at least he knows the basics of handling a bike by now.

its like buying a Ferrari as a first car , even if you dont go fast on it , you're still gonna end up skratching it and damaging it ( parking , pot holes , side walks ... )
see anyone buying a ferrari as a first car ?? or even a corvette ???

same thing goes for the bikes !

as for the Ralliart exemple , thats not an ''impressive'' car to give as exemple..
it may be somewhat ''not slow'' it may have handling , but its still not a high end car good enough for this comparision

Agreed on most points. Experience accounts for more than just the bike. The question is if YOU had to post lap times on a stock 636 and also the other 600s, which would come on top?

Showoff :p

isnt the 636 not even in the 600cc class for races?

they made a 600cc to be able to race in that class no?

i dont see whats the point of saying a 636 is faster or not... its like saying

600>636>750>1000

no shit.....but it does depend on the driver....

look at munchy.... im always 3-4 cars ahead of him lol

i never dropped my old bike lol

but I had a small accident with my new one

and stop looking at me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back