LCD HDTV Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure you should worry about SD all that much: If you download SD torrents through your HTPC, then your videocard will be doing the upconverting not your TV, same thing with Videotron HD set-top box, it will do the converting.

I also have an HTPC and I find that the ATI videocard I have does really good converting. I played around with FFDSHOW to get the resolution better a bit. If you have more specific questions about video processors for your TV or HTPC etc... You should check out http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

Moi aussi je suis dans le meme situation que toi BoxsterBoy.

Je me cherche une tv principalement pour regarder le hockey et aussi pour mon xbox360.

Je suis un peux perdu. C'est sure que jveux aller dans le ACL 1080p mais je sais pas si je devrais prendre le 120hz ou non.. Il a un grosse difference de prix pour le 120hz.

do you really like the 120hz..did you watch a movie with it on or did you just see the demo.Just saying when i actually watched a movie with it on, i really didnt like it.made the movie seem more like a tv show..way too smooth.It lost the movies judder
just something to think about if your on a budget...do you REALLY need it

do you really like the 120hz..did you watch a movie with it on or did you just see the demo.Just saying when i actually watched a movie with it on, i really didnt like it.made the movie seem more like a tv show..way too smooth.It lost the movies judder
just something to think about if your on a budget...do you REALLY need it

Ah, you should have put it in MOVIE mode... Goes back to 60Hz. :p

And I'm not on a "budget", just that I don,t pay for what I don't need, usually. Since I plan on keep it for a few years, rather go full features.

My choice is pretty much made on the Sone 52W4100

Ah, you should have put it in MOVIE mode... Goes back to 60Hz. :p

And I'm not on a "budget", just that I don,t pay for what I don't need, usually. Since I plan on keep it for a few years, rather go full features.

My choice is pretty much made on the Sone 52W4100

I just bought a kdl52v4100 for 1500... after a big ****up on best buys part and i couldnt be more satisfied!

I didnt want to go for the 120hz... after reading lots of reviews I just dont think it warrants the 500$ difference

plus the v4100 has 24p which is a technology for bluray that helps (not same as 120hz) but good enough for me...

if you are around laval area... your welcome to pass by and check it out with PS3 or BELL HD

Vous avez lu les recommendations de Consumers Report sur les LCD ? sinon, j'ai une copie électronique, ca pourrait répondre a la question.

Just bought one today!

Centre Hi-Fi

Sharp Aquos 46 inch

$1088.00 + tax

*It was in the 24 ads and it was a typo!

We got LUCKY!!! You should have seen the managers face!!!

Pour une ACL sa prend absolument le 120htz.... Et meme encore sa fait du blur pareil VS une plasma.

Thanks for all the answers. I made my choice.

You guys will be surprised. ;)

I'll post pics when it gets installed.

Pis ?

Une semaine plus tard , est-ce que c'est installé ? :p

Je suis curieux parce que je regarde justement ça ces temps-ci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back