How far you are willing to drive to get a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_baby

Banned
Im just curious.
There is a 02 Acura type s that I would buy for 5k and its clean, but my friend would have to take me there to take it and it will be a 5 hour trip.

btw is that a good deal also

I went to Toronto to buy a my 240SX, I had 4 cars to see in 1 day and mine was the 3rd one I saw, I bought it and drove home.

My Jeep was from Ottawa, I drove up there 3 times in 1 week before buying it.

My Sunfire came from Morin Heights, I drove it back in the dark on 3 cylinders and it didn't have an exhaust, that was like a 2 hour drive. lol

how far i'd drive?
the better the deal, the further i'd drive :bigup:
can go up to the moon if its a 997 for 10 000$:D

5hr is nothing... 5000$ for an rsx type-s is cheap. Cheap like kinda too cheap. Have you checked insurence. I had an rsx and it was 200$/month only for insurence. and I was 22. I would drive 5 hr to get that FO SHO !

went to ottawa to buy my ex rabbit pickup, next car i'll probably go pick it up in texas or california.

j'ai pris l'avion jusqua ATL , pis jsuis revenus avec mon s14 !!!!

jme rappel pus la durée du vol max 4 ou 5 heures !!!

24heure de route pour revenir !!!!

I once drove 3 hours to someone who told me they'd "buy my car cash on scene".

After 3 mechanics tore my old 1997 civic hatchback (that had 250 000 km and was selling for $1800) the guy decided he didn't want it.

Sort of a different story, but in the end I realised how stupid it was...not to mention I had to pay 6 hours of gas in two cars (friend was following).

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Im just curious.
There is a 02 Acura type s that I would buy for 5k and its clean, but my friend would have to take me there to take it and it will be a 5 hour trip.

btw is that a good deal also

I'm driving to NYC tomorrow to pick up some car parts. 12hrs total.
Farthest I went to pick up a car was around Pensacola, Florida. :p

I also bought a car from Vancouver sight unseen, but I had that one shipped by train.

me and my friend drove down to quebec city (we live in the west island) to trade in his pos 91 sunbird + 500$ for this...

Picture010.jpg

Depends on how much you're saving and the car in question.

I wouldn't go further than 1-2 hours unless I was absolutely certain that this car was worth buying at the listed price. If the buyer just has to stay put he stands nothing to lose but a bit of time.

I drove 6 hours to Saguenay to pick up my prelude. I did it with my dad so luckily he didnt really charge me for gas just for lunch. so in total it was like a 12 hour journey. well worth it though

Drove 3.5 hours to go to Thetford Mines to pick up my Prelude and 3.5 hours back.

I will probably be driving 5-7 hours one way when picking up my new car if the Lude sells. Or else I'm keeping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back