why do non-hybrid civics have hybrid style wheels?

which civic wheels would you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jettaballer

i dont get it.......... the wheel is actually hideous imo, but its understandable on a hybrid as it actually serves a purpose

but why does every non-hybrid civic on the road now have them?? a girl i know just bought one, and i asked her why her car came with those wheels, and she told me she had the choice between the 5-spoke model and those, and she picked the hybrid ones..

do you guys actually find these wheels nice? is everyone actually purposely choosing those wheels for their civics? :dunno:

the 5-spoke model is much nicer.....

exterior-wheel.jpg

vs

aly63899u.jpg

the "hybrid" wheels are way lighter and more aerodynamic. Plus after trying them i realized that they make you save 2-3liter/100km thats why

:dunno:
the "hybrid" wheels are way lighter and more aerodynamic. Plus after trying them i realized that they make you save 2-3liter/100km thats why

Well, I actually heard honda got stuck with them because ppl tought they were ugly as can be

Having these on a non hybrid civic is like wishing to have enough money to afford the hybrid.
Just boring. Just like all Toyotas

Bring the hatchback version here.

The new Fit LX comes with those wheels also.
I personally hate the rims and would definitely choose the 5-spoke over them.
Any proof that the hybrid wheels save 2-3 liters/100km on gas?

The only decent thing Honda ever produced was the S2K...

When have I ever complimented any Honda other than that on MR? IMO, Honda is/was the one Japanese company that never made true cars.

**** Honda.

Says the guy who have been religiously maintaining his Honda CR-V like a maniac, not winter driving to keep it rust-free... *blah*

I dont know if this S13 is a good idea at all, now you will sound like a dick because you got a 15 years old pos and you'll annoy everyone about it. Your CR-V was the tits, you should've kept it. *byewhore*

(Not winter driving the CR-V was a joke because a few days earlier I had posted pictures of me winter driving it, with winter tires on... I can't believe people still believe that I was serious)

Don't get angry at me because I moved away from the front wheel fail world of Honda into a real driving machine.

(None of this applies to the S2K which is an insane machine)

The reason is:

The federal government introduced the "Ecoauto" program around 2007 if I remember correctly. The Toyota Corolla was approved for the program (1000$ rebate) but not the Civic. It missed the target fuel consumption by a mere 0.1l/100kms. In 2008, Honda Canada did everything it could to have the Civic approved for the Ecoauto program and the solution they found was to put on those ugly Hybrid wheels and the small spoiler along with a revised ECU mapping.

POUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2-3 litre au cent avec ce type de roue.......

Crisss j'men va m'acheter des assiettes a tartes de civic pis je criss sa sur mon char!!

these are new revolutionary wheels that make you save up to 30% on gas. They'lll be all over ebay soon and everyone will have them on their cars.

Imagine a Silverado with these wheels, will jump from 20 l/100 kms to about 13 just with these wheels on.

On my fathers Civic they were given to him, it was either hubcaps or those wheels. I don't know if they contribute to the gas mileage, but the car does indeed sip gas, way less than my uncles Corrola.

Says the guy who have been religiously maintaining his Honda CR-V like a maniac, not winter driving to keep it rust-free... *blah*

I dont know if this S13 is a good idea at all, now you will sound like a dick because you got a 15 years old pos and you'll annoy everyone about it. Your CR-V was the tits, you should've kept it. *byewhore*

The CR-V wasn't his in the first place...

And to be honest about those hybrids, I hated them... until I saw them in this thread. I don't know what it is about them but I'm starting to like them a bit now. But I'd still choose the 5-spoke.

POUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2-3 litre au cent avec ce type de roue.......

Crisss j'men va m'acheter des assiettes a tartes de civic pis je criss sa sur mon char!!

Tu devrais te renseigner car les roues ont beaucoup à faire pour l'économie d'essence. Son poids diminue la masse en mouvement qui est non suspendue. Aussi, sa face qui ressemble à une assiette fait en sorte que l'air glisse mieux sur la surface.

Pourquoi tu penses que les voitures qui roulent sur the Bonneville Flat ont des caps de roues en forme de dôme? C'est pour augmenter l'aérodynamisme.

En fait c'est surtout qu'Honda en ont produis en trop grande quantité et ils les ''donnent'' presque quand t'achète!

Moi je les trouves laides sur une civic de l'année mais je les verrais bien sur une EF!!

J'avais entendu parler que les propriétaires d'hybrides les changeaient pour les roues 5 branches car les oem étais laitte

Que les dealer les mettaient ensuite sur les civic normal

Tu devrais te renseigner car les roues ont beaucoup à faire pour l'économie d'essence. Son poids diminue la masse en mouvement qui est non suspendue. Aussi, sa face qui ressemble à une assiette fait en sorte que l'air glisse mieux sur la surface.

Pourquoi tu penses que les voitures qui roulent sur the Bonneville Flat ont des caps de roues en forme de dôme? C'est pour augmenter l'aérodynamisme.

Tu as raison Twon mais de la a sauver 3 litres au 100km c'est de la pure bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back