Cool Civic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stirl_ae86

Legacy Member
I hadn't seen this thing in years. Belongs to a guy I used to hang out with once in a while when I had my MR2. He had a nice 86 n/a that was about as fast as my SC, but he also had this hiding in his garage....
civicfrside.JPG
civicsiderr.JPG

http://www26.brinkster.com/drzoom/civichomepage.htm  <----More

"This is My 1978 Civic 1200. I have owned it since 1993. It has gone through many modifications since then. It used to be Hondamatic. I was very happy to give the garbageman that tranny...I`m not to sure if he liked it though. I bought it with only 28,000 kilometers It has rolled up a few kilometers since then but its still not very high. I have totaly restored the entire underbody and suspension. I`m not too sure when I will repaint the entire car. The original paint is still holding up quite well.
The most frustrating thing about hot rodding a Civic 1200 is finding parts. All the giants that established their companys on these cars have discontinued their parts for them. You cant get parts from Jackson Racing or AT Engineering anymore. AT is closed and Oscar Jackson has sold out all of his stock. Scott Zelner from Mugen has helped me get my hands on a few toys. Rumor has it that King Motorsports might start fabricating some of the Mugen parts for the Civic 1200. King still sells (on order only) fiberglass bumpers. Stock parts are getting harder to find aswell. Even Honda is discontinuing almost everything for their original Honda Civic. Sad!
Engine: 1335cc crank and rods, Honda Goldwing motorcycle pistons, lightened flywheel, Centerforce dual friction clutch (part# DF501210), ported head, dual Mikuni 36mm PHH carb setup, Mugen finned aluminum valve cover, Webcam 68 camshaft, Thunderbird header, Supertrapp muffler, ect...
Suspension: Koni strut inserts in 1973-74 openable strut casings (thanks Adrian), Ground-Control coil overs and springs.
The rest: 13" mag wheels, Momo wood wheel, Autometer shift light, 4X100mm bolt pattern conversion with 1991 CRX Si front brakes & 1981 EN1 Civic wagon rear drums. Stainless steel braided brake line kit (SS braided line kits from 84-86 CRX is a bolt on with this brake setup), ect..."

Figured I'd post it incase there are any old Civic fans here.

I remember seeing those as a wee kid racing around the track in the "Volant Québécois" series... They were so easy to tip over, especially with a couple of little "love taps" from competitors.

A bit like the Echos were in the first season of the Echo Cup.

(pics come from autocourse.ca)

1.jpg

Yes, it's uncle Jacques (the real Jacques... ;))
4.jpg

5.jpg

I always found them interesting little buggers. I hate to use the term "cute car", but it fits this car to a "T"!

J'suis pas certain à 100% je vais vérifier aussitôt que je pourrai parce que mon père est pas disponible à me répondre pour le moment vu l'heure à laquelle j'écris ces mots, mais je crois que sur la série de photos qui suit, le pilote est mon oncle...

flip51.jpg

Pretty cool if that's him. I never knew these things rolled so easily!

Edit: Damn, I think I made him exceed his bandwidth with this thread :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back