Lamborghini Diablo uses Z32 300ZX (Fairlady Z) headlights!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRB-TEAM

lol , that funny.

i find this from other forum lol.

so who need a headlights from laborghini Diablo ? only 2000$

......................................................................................

During my past trip to Japan I had dinner with one of my friends who is a famous aero parts designer. In the course of the evening’s conversation on design he schooled me on something that I should have known but never did…and it blew my mind!

Did you all know that the Lamborghini Diablo uses Z32 300ZX (Fairlady Z) headlights? I consider myself to be a bit of a car nerd and I had no idea of this fascinating fact, which looking back is quite an embarrassment because I should know things like this!!!

lamborghini_-_diablo-300x225.jpg

frontfar-300x254.jpg

Anyway, its a pretty fascinating story. The Lambo uses the exact OEM Nissan headlight with no modifications. The headlight even says Nissan on it, although Lamborghini put a carbon fiber strip over the Nissan markings to save face with Lamborghini clientele who just paid a hell of a lot of money for Z32 parts bin headlights.

Our discussion reached this topic when we were discussing just how expensive it is to produce custom headlights. The example given to me was that even well established car companies like Lamborghini often will use existing products to keep development costs reasonable on their cars.

Another example he gave me was the Lotus Esprit using AE86 Corolla/Levin tail lights. I’ve later found that the Saleen S7 and Pagani Zonda use the same tail lights. I suspect there are dozens of stories like this, so feel free to share if you have more to add!

I apologize to those of you who already knew this, but IMO this is must know information for any car nut out there. I wish someone would have told me these cool facts earlier! I was truly in disbelief at the idea of a Lamborghini using Z32 headlights, its amazing they pulled it off without getting more heat from the press and their customers!

haha that's nice.... well maybe the owner of the lambo don't want to hear about that!!!... do you know how cost a diablo set of headlight?? it will be funny to compare with the OEM from nissan dealer! eh!

nice find *tu*

apres ca on rit de la Locus québecoise qui utilise des morceaux de d'autres constructeurs *td*

A plethora of car makers do it. I have read an article somewhere, listing over 20 exotic cars that borrow parts from lower-end models.

hmmmm
je pensais que tout le monde qui s'interesse au monde de l'automobile savait deja ca
c'est pas le premier thread sur ca sur MR...

If a company uses parts from other parts of cars that they make themselves, it's perfectly normal. The Bentley is a Pheaton underneath.

It's companies that use parts from other manufacturers that is more surprising. Like the Lotus, Noble and Lambo lights.

yep nothing new. The diablo even have carbon strips on the top of the headlights to cover the nissan marked on it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back