The Evolution of Rock - CHOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATR90

logo.png

So, Montreal has a brand-new radio station! lol

Were any of you listening at 8am this morning? In case you missed "The Evolution of Rock", you can listen to it here: http://www.chom.com/node/1061445

I gotta say... CHOM has lost some of its touch, especially when morning-show stars Kim Rossi and Ted Bird left. However, I'm pretty impressed with how the radio station is turning things around. The new playlist is noticeably newer-age and considerably more refreshing than the previous one.

I'm interested to see what the morning show will sound like with P.J. Stock on but I'm not a fan of Chantal Desjardins. Her laugh is obnoxious lol.

Also, did any of you notice how they aired a commercial for Réno Depot with Ted Bird? lol

Been noticing more n more of the offspring on CHOM.. made me do a double take to check if it wasnt on the BUZZ

À chaque fois que j'entends du Green Day ou du Linkin Park à Chom j'ai envie de vomir.

chom sucks balls. years ago they used to play new cheese ass music. You know there's something wrong when Jewel starts playing on chom!

The, in early 2000's, The new chom appeared! Back to classic rock! Sabbath, Zeppelin, Floyd, the Who, stones, etc etc etc ,.... Except, all they would play were the same freaken songs, over and over and over and over again... the 2 most popular songs from each of these bands, with absolutely zero variety.

Now that people are fedup of those same songs over and over again, they're starting to play new, generic, ultra commercial crap again.

if they would only realize that:

Pink Floyd have other great songs than Money, another brick in the wall II, and Comfortably numb.

Sabbath has other stuff besides Paranoid and Iron Man,

etc

etc

etc

etc
etc.

I can only listen to little Steven's underground garage.

i think we can all agree that Radio is dying and Montreal radio is full of the same old vanilla garbage. that's what happens when 80% of the 10 major news stations are owned by the same company.

it's ok though, local tv matters came around to tax people to bail out big tv companies i'm sure you'll have local radio matters coming around to bail out the radio companies.

^^^ I swear that astral media little jingle is starting to get under my skin.

But yeah, mtl radio is horrible.

89.3, 90.3 and that other university station play some interesting styles of music

I usually listen to CHOM because basically it's the best Montreal station.
The Buzz is good to just it's always full of static.

I used to listen to CHOM but I ****ing hate Pete Marier. He's such a retard asshole.

I was talking about this with my friend 2 days ago saying thats what Chom needed. THEY CAN HEAR MY THOUGHTS

I used to listen to CHOM but I ****ing hate Pete Marier. He's such a retard asshole.

i agree, especially when he calls a woman girl, it makes me so angry. "just hold on a minute there, ok girl?"

it's like he tries to be cool, but it just doesn't work.

i really miss kim rossi and ted bird.

si chom revient au point ou il etait il y a plusieur année va falloir que je retrouve mon TapeCassette pour enregistrer des tounes...ah les souvenirs

I also miss their morning show but I'm not unhappy to be hearing more recent rock on that station because having to tune to 99.9 and their really shitty Americanized publicity is just plain annoying.

Little Steven's Underground Garage on Sunday evening as I go play ice hockey is still most excellent !

After Ted left the only person at that entire place that's worth his salary is Too Tall... guy's a legend and he's the real deal when you meet him in person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back