New Project

AndrewPatterson

So I just picked up my new ride today, I only have shitty Cell phone pics ATM, but I'll have a proper photoshoot soon once i swap over some parts from my old Golf. Lots of things planned for this car!

25976_416656028901_510023901_5119791_2298539_n.jpg

25976_416655778901_510023901_5119788_5078419_n.jpg

Here's a quick list of things that are getting done asap:

KW V1 Coilovers - DONE
337 Recaro GTi Seats (F/R) - DONE
18" BBS RC's (Custom color) - DONE
Spacers (20mm Rear/8mm Front) - DONE
Neuspeed 28mm rear swaybar - DONE
20th Black housing headlights (w/Fogs) - DONE
Hella R/S/S/R Tails - DONE
20th Skirts
20th Lip
Painted Rear lip
20th Steering - DONE
.:R Line Shifter - DONE
.:R Line E-brake - DONE
Armrest Delete (??) - DONE
Euro Switch - DONE
Phatnoise 20g
Aero Wipers - DONE
Polo Rear wiper - DONE
Stuby Antenna - DONE
Black or Brushed emblems - DONE
Tints - DONE
Votex roof rack w/Thule Fairing+Bike trays - DONE

Other planned mods:
Turboback exhaust - 42 Draft Turboback - To be Installed.
Chip - Uni Stg 2 - Done
Intake - AFE - Done
DV - Forge 007 -Done
Brushed Mirror caps - DONE

I'm probably forgetting some things, lots of ideas for the future!

Last edited:
Quick update. Made a little bit of progress today, despite the weather not cooperating.
What I did today:

Seats are in! but I think I want to do an arm rest delete, it's tight with the bigger bolsters of the Recaros, and it's just annoying really.
IMG_0458.jpg

Suspension got swapped over.
IMG_0461.jpg

BBS RC's are on with the spacers:
IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Stuby and polo rear wiper installed (sorry no pics of the wiper)
I made the custom stuby using a sharan antenna as a referrence, but this one is solid aluminum.
IMG_0459.jpg

And this is what I had to deal with all day:
IMG_0462.jpg

It's the only day of the week I have off, so it was now or never. I have lots of work to do on the car, and I want to be ready for summer!

I noticed on that last pic, that you had both cars jacked up with no stands under them. That's risky business. I've heard some bad stores about this and also seen a car jack collapse in front of me. Its always good to be on the safe side. Anyways that was off topic.

Nice little 1.8 Turbo, and good luck with your project and keep your tread updated with pics

Don't worry, both cars are on stands, you just can't see them in the pics, the jack is only there as an extra safety, and the one on the right was being used to hold up the knuckle.

gotta manage the budget, but a chip is definitely in the near future plans, might wait until the exhaust and some other engine mods are done first.

Polo Rear wiper

where did u get it, i need a new rear wiper asap

also if your parting your old silver car ill take the front bumper off you as i need one and cant find oem ones

ECS has the polo rear wiper kit, that's where I got mine. My old golf is being sold as just a stock car, i already took off most of my mods, but I'm not parting out the car itself.

Just thought I'd post a quick update on my GTi

20AE headlight are in
Hella R/S/S/R tails are in
Neuspeed 28mm rear swaybar installed
Thule/Votex roof rack is on
Window tints freshly done.

Here's how the car stands now (- the headlights)
enjoy!

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

I also just put on the black badges today, no pics of that yet.

I found a pretty simple solution to the shitty soft touch in the mk4, on my last car i stripped most of the trim and just painted it black, but I had an easier idea this tme around. I used basic 2mil vinyl, 3mil would probably be easier to work with. Here's the result (still have to do the radio cage, that requires more work)

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

Also, headlights and black badge:

IMG_0480.jpg

Back