1jz vs 2jz ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpcoulombe

bon, je compte me trouvé un celica supra et le swaper 1jz ou 2jz mais je ne sais pas se qui serais le mieu, hp, torque, poids, facile a swaper ? ....

alors j'aimerais bien avoir vos comentaire ou se que vous pouvez me dire comme info et facilité a swaper, etc. Car je suis un gars de truck (Toyota pick-up 1982 6'' de lift) et je veux me faire un beau bon et puissant ptit char pour daily driver.

ou même gardé le moteur d'origine ''s'il vire bien'' et faire quelques petites modif pour le dégourdire un peu :p

merci

le 1jz et 2jz on pratiquement le meme poid ... question torque le 2jz en na beaucoup plus et pour ce qui est du swap les 2 se ressemble aussi ...2jz/r154 ferai un bon melange

le 1jz et 2jz on pratiquement le meme poid ... question torque le 2jz en na beaucoup plus et pour ce qui est du swap les 2 se ressemble aussi ...2jz/r154 ferai un bon melange

ok merci

j'hésite entre un celica supra +ou-83/84 et un vieu celica 72-77 ( mon char de rêve) mais je ne c'est pas si sa fit, s'il y a assé de plase dans un vieu celica pour un 6 en linge : 1jz gtte,2jz gtte,7mgte . Le celica supra serais plus facile a trouvé mais le celica 72-77 bien plus beau( tout dépend de l'espace moteur).

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695708

1jz was never USDM spec, so some parts can be hard to find. A lot of people hybrid the 1j and the 2j (block+2j head) as well, makes finding parts a bit easier.

Best way is to go 2jz that way you can still get parts from toyota.

Common parts between the 2JZ and 1JZ
- Power steering pump
- Alternator
- Spark plugs (ngk 3330 and 6097)
- US spec 550cc injectors (resistor pack needed)
- JDM Spec 440cc injectors (drop in upgrade)
- Water Pump (requires removal of the 1J hydro fan and a 2J pulley)
- Head gasket
- Clutch fan (if you use a MKIV water pump and pulley, JDM/USDM JZA80 water pump uses clutch fan not hydro)
- Serpentine belt (but NOT timing belt - see below)
- Oil filter and relocation kits
- Intercooler kits
- Plug coils
- Cam gears (incl aftermarket adjustable)
- JDM 2JZ Map sensor
- Ignitor

1) The rod and main bearings.
2) The head bolts, crank and rod bolts from stock or ARP either bolts or studs w/nuts.
3) The pistons including the wrist pins, wrings and locks.
4) The head gasket, stock or aftermarket.
5) stock side feed or after market side feed high ohm injectors. Low ohm injectors require wiring in the 7M or preferably 2JZ injector resistor pack.
6) Water pump and housing when replacing the hydro fan to electric or clutch fan.
7) Cams are normally not interchangeable with out some grinding on the 2JZ cam and having it spun balanced, HKS, Jun and Blitz all make 256, 264, and 272 cams for the 1JZ.
8) Cam shims, springs, retainers, Valves and springs, along with buckets are interchangeable.
9) turbos are not directly interchangeable and require a degree of machining to swap out the 12As for 12b.

Note on the Celica Supra cause I own one. The 5MGE can be fun, it sounds great, has ok power for the weight of the car, but you will want more. If you decide to go with the Celica Supra there are a lot of custom group buy pieces that exist to mod the car. If your unsure, PM me you can come by and have a look at my car if it will help you make your decision. Also, the 2j fits nicely in these cars and my friend makes the custom engine mounts people use to swap them in their cars.

Also consider the Supra has independent rear suspension and stock LSD compared to the RA chassis celica.

If you go with the oldschool RA celica, make an account on toymods.net because most of your pieces will be coming from australia, that model is very popular there, but much harder to mod here in North america due to lack of parts!

2jz/1jz to M subframe engine mounts

Supra2jzenginemounts002.jpg

2JZ because of added displacement and for sure parts availability. If you lets say want to stroker the 1JZ it would cost a lot but with a 2JZ its like having a stroker 1JZ with newer technology.

Je te consseille le 2jz parce que moi jai un 1jz et jai essayer de trouver de piece pour le faire reparer mais c'est introuvable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back