Road Test: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger vs Genesis Coupe?

again, refer to my previous posts.
keep reasoning yourself all you want,
still the bottom line is, you just can't afford decent new cars. face it :)

and no you don't. you don't have money for anything better than a firefly and an ancient civic. hence why you keep buying shitboxes for cheap and convince yourself that you have an awesome car that has everything you want. :)
otherwise, prove me wrong.

but that's ok tho, whatever floats your boat *tu*

There are no brand new lightweight 4wd, I want a lightweight 4wd. And for it's purpose (ice lapping), weight is the key, I was as fast as most of the subaru, lancer, audi, and the fastest car around the track was a midly modded (3 cylindres turbo, stripped, welded diff) firefly.

Are you kidding me? The Mustangs have amongst the worst resale value of ANY sport cars! How exactly can you judge the Genesis, it's an '10 model!
Unless you're the owner of this 'Stang:
http://www.lespac.com/d-vehicules-autos-st-augustin-laurentides-mustang-gt-2006-LPCaZZ21086846

People often misunderstand resale value. Hyundais can be found cheap on the used market because they are cheap initially. Resale value should be determined by a percentage of its original value, not an absolute number.

To 20inchrome:

Ford's solid rear axle is marvelous, on a track or a drag strip aka smooth surface. It is simply not confidence inspiring to put the power down on corner exits on rough tracks (like in QC) or on the road.

I test drove the following cars before ending on the GC:
  • Mustang GT 2010
  • Infiniti G37
  • Subaru STI
  • Mitsubishi EVO
  • Genesis Coupe 3.8

The Mustang was the most fun to drive in a straight line, the torque mixed with extremely long gears was fun but we hit the curves and the corner exits were ridiculously painful and since it is so front heavy, the turn in was heavily compromised.

Test results are somwhat misleading, they do not reflect real world handling at all! I highly suggest you take a test drive in the 3.8 GT instead of flaunting around Mustang propaganda.

Personally, I could care less, it's just a car, seeing this brand snobism is hilarious, you guys are missing out on great cars.

I highly doubt that you took a test drive and did sport driving / cornering with the Mustang.

Are you kidding me? The Mustangs have amongst the worst resale value of ANY sport cars! How exactly can you judge the Genesis, it's an '10 model!
Unless you're the owner of this 'Stang:
http://www.lespac.com/d-vehicules-autos-st-augustin-laurentides-mustang-gt-2006-LPCaZZ21086846

People often misunderstand resale value. Hyundais can be found cheap on the used market because they are cheap initially. Resale value should be determined by a percentage of its original value, not an absolute number.

To 20inchrome:

Ford's solid rear axle is marvelous, on a track or a drag strip aka smooth surface. It is simply not confidence inspiring to put the power down on corner exits on rough tracks (like in QC) or on the road.

I test drove the following cars before ending on the GC:
  • Mustang GT 2010
  • Infiniti G37
  • Subaru STI
  • Mitsubishi EVO
  • Genesis Coupe 3.8

The Mustang was the most fun to drive in a straight line, the torque mixed with extremely long gears was fun but we hit the curves and the corner exits were ridiculously painful and since it is so front heavy, the turn in was heavily compromised.

Test results are somwhat misleading, they do not reflect real world handling at all! I highly suggest you take a test drive in the 3.8 GT instead of flaunting around Mustang propaganda.

Personally, I could care less, it's just a car, seeing this brand snobism is hilarious, you guys are missing out on great cars.
You're crazy bro, you can hardly buy an old ass mustang from the 80's in good condition for under 6-10K. I DID drive my neighbor's Genesis, I didn't go rough with it since it's not my car but I can truly say that when driving the car I didn't feel like I was in a sports car at all. 300HP my ass.

Juste pour la valeur de revente tu es gagnant avec un Mustang vs Hyundai.

Avec les nouveaux moteurs ya rien qui arrive au Mustang pour le prix.

hum attend la j'ai tu bien lu moi la??? comment tu peux savoir la valeur de revente de la genesis encore??? et tu compare un model (mustang) avec une compagnie entiere (hyundai) ? Oui ok la valeur de revente de la mustang elle est PASSABLE en v8 seulement et la v6 vaut pas la peine d'en parler . Pour la genesis ont le sais pas vraiment encore. SAUF si ont compare FORD VS HYUNDAI jusqu'a présent,vien pas dire que ford a une bonne valeur de revente...lol

I just love domestic owners. Rednecks of the car industry. There's no reasoning with you guys. Whatever, you're all missing out on great cars.

Keep driving that T-Bird V8 "bro".

I just love domestic owners. Rednecks of the car industry. There's no reasoning with you guys. Whatever, you're all missing out on great cars.

Keep driving that T-Bird V8 "bro".
You mad? haha
Rednecks? So a Polish dude from Pointe-Aux-Tremble who likes domestic cars with big engines are rednecks now LMAO. I guess you're a ricer then? Missing out on what exactly, tell me. The Genesis is one of the most boring "sports car" out there. It's ok on many levels but not great on any of them and certainly not fun to drive. (Atleast not for me)
Yes I will keep driving my V8 thank you !! :D

You mad? haha
Rednecks? So a Polish dude from Pointe-Aux-Tremble who likes domestic cars with big engines are rednecks now LMAO. I guess you're a ricer then? Missing out on what exactly, tell me. The Genesis is one of the most boring "sports car" out there. It's ok on many levels but not great on any of them and certainly not fun to drive. (Atleast not for me)

Yea, all that.

Thanks.

You mad? haha

une chose est sur c'est qu'une t-bird de ces années meme avec un v8 c'est toute un bateau et encore moin une voiture sport qu'une genesis lol.Mon pere dans les années 90 avais une poubelle comme sa et wow c'étais cheap sans bon sens,avec aucune prétention sportive lol

une chose est sur c'est qu'une t-bird de ces années meme avec un v8 c'est toute un bateau et encore moin une voiture sport qu'une genesis lol.Mon pere dans les années 90 avais une poubelle comme sa et wow c'étais cheap sans bon sens,avec aucune prétention sportive lol
Qui a dit cetait une voiture sport? Faut dire que 220HP et 300LBs de torque c quand meme pas mal pour une voiture non sportive. Dailleurs je crois que les T-Bird sont considerer comme des auto de luxe. Et pourquoi on parle de mon auto exactement? All I know is that a Mustang will slap the shit out of your Genesis, sucka :thefinger

Qui a dit cetait une voiture sport? Faut dire que 220HP et 300LBs de torque c quand meme pas mal pour une voiture non sportive. Dailleurs je crois que les T-Bird sont considerer comme des auto de luxe. Et pourquoi on parle de mon auto exactement? All I know is that a Mustang will slap the shit out of your Genesis, sucka :thefinger

Parce que tu es pas en position de parler, that's fucking why.

Parce que tu es pas en position de parler, that's fucking why.
Je pense ta manque le thread buddy..
Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger vs Genesis Coupe?
If you can't take the heat and you take everything personal and start insulting people then GTFO.
If you want to try my Mustang just say so my 19 year old car would own your car, I can assure you BRO.

cool_story_bro.jpg

civic awd, firefly > ur t-bird

ask broody.

You're not looking for a muscle car you're looking for a minivan!

actually I already have that part covered and it stays with the wifey......it's an eventual new daily driver for "me" that also has a usable rear seat for the kids that I'll be soon fixing for!

btw for the record.....I'd hit a clean t-bird super coupe any day of the week. FTR, while 'stang had solid rears, the later Thunderbird's had independent rear ends that handled remarkably well........
Most of you guys here have no idea what you are talking about with 'birds,and you can't base a review on abused / junk 1000$ used cars.....before people went wacked on SUV's, these cars were good personal drivers back in the day..... just the right amount of style,luxury and driving pleasure.

Last edited:
I'm curious, what's cheap with the car? Original body, paint with 0 rust after 13 years and has been winter driven for 3 years now.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4730/dsc00140q.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9029/dsc00141hr.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6562/0531f.jpg
Leather interior with barely any cracks in the front seats and no cracks at all in the back. Under the hood the engine is spotless.
I do the 1/4 mile under 16 sec. The 1997 Sport package has proved to be the perfect balance of performance, luxury as it was meant to be a luxury version of the mustang... In case you didn't know..

Back