Road Test: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger vs Genesis Coupe?

3 winters and a 1/4 mile of a civic, crazy shit dude.
It just look like a stretched ford tempo 2 door, suck it up.
If I wanted a comfort version of a sport car, i'd take a soarer/sc (sport supra) or more unique mazda eunos cosmo (kind of luxury rx7, only car with tri rotor too, gps in 1991) over pretty much everything else, even if they are 4 times the price of a t-bird.

vien pas dire que ford a une bonne valeur de revente...lol

You're WRONG

The resale value of newer Ford Motor Company vehicles rose 23 percent in the past year alone, the result of stronger demand for Ford’s new vehicle lineup and improved quality and durability ratings.

At the same time, warranty repair rates on Ford vehicles have declined by an average of more than 40 percent globally in the past three years.

Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles with one to five years on the road are fetching significantly higher resale values at auction in the first quarter of this year compared to the first quarter a year ago. Overall, the resale value of Ford’s three brands at auction rose 23 percent from a year ago to outpace the industry, which saw resale values increase by 19 percent, according to the latest North American Dealers Association auction data

And you can expect those values to keep climbing with all the good products tat Ford is coming out with.

une chose est sur c'est qu'une t-bird de ces années meme avec un v8 c'est toute un bateau et encore moin une voiture sport qu'une genesis lol.Mon pere dans les années 90 avais une poubelle comme sa et wow c'étais cheap sans bon sens,avec aucune prétention sportive lol

If this car was crappy now imagine how even crappier any Hyundai from that time was.

Au lieu de "on" t'aurias du mettre "Je"

Stp, ne generalize pas qql chose qui n'est pas necessairement valable pour tout le monde.

Chacun a ses propre limites quand ca vient aux luxe/equipement d'une voiture. Toi t'accepte n'importe quoi, t'as pas de minimum. Moi j'en ai un et d'autres auront d'autres limites.

Infinite - I believe at the moment there is ALWAYS a choice, no matter one's budget. No one is ever forced(by budget) to buy a Firefly. There's 500-2000$ cars that are comfortable and have a minimum of equipement, I am convinced that people who buy crap like 1000$ Fireflys do it because they either really like them or are just stupid.
Hey hey now! I like the Firefly I got but that's mainly because it's efficient and it's cheap, so I can park it/ram it anywhere I want. And as much as I could get flamed for saying this, it's fun to drive and really practical (tiny, easy to park, huge space inside) :dunno:
In some cases, people who buy 'crap like that' do it for a purpose. Usually a cheap thing to go from A to B with. Like loaded people who drive Hyundai Accents

In any case, this thread is funny. Keep going guys :bigup:

les comentaires de Broody me fond simplement étoufé de rire dans mon Salon....jai meme gaspillé quelques miettes de chip en m'étoufant a 2-3 ocasions...pauvre garcon si jeune et si mécompris...

et btw pour resté dans le thread Mustang 2011 V6= best bang for the buck pour le moment dumoin!

I'm curious, what's cheap with the car? Original body, paint with 0 rust after 13 years and has been winter driven for 3 years now.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4730/dsc00140q.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9029/dsc00141hr.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6562/0531f.jpg
Leather interior with barely any cracks in the front seats and no cracks at all in the back. Under the hood the engine is spotless.
I do the 1/4 mile under 16 sec. The 1997 Sport package has proved to be the perfect balance of performance, luxury as it was meant to be a luxury version of the mustang... In case you didn't know..

Je veux pas etre deplace jaimerais seulement comprendre mais en quoi ta voiture s'approche du luxe? Encore une fois desole parce qu'avec ma vidange neuve de sx4 je te colle au cul sur le quart de mille.C'est un peu triste si tu veux mon avis.

i am 100% satisfied with my Genesis. Camaro and the Challenger are boats...I dont think I could drive those. The mustang looks like a sweet car, I like it a lot. I havent driven one yet so I cant really give an opinion, all I have are the stats which I admit are impressive.

As for the Mustang being faster, baaah .3 sec isn't much. With the exception of the challenger, all 3 cars have very similar times and would probably depend mostly on driver.

If you have never driven a Genesis, I suggest you try it. The driving position is amazing, the car feels light and nimble...I prefer the feel over my brothers 370z (seats low, dash high in that car as I suspect the american offerings are).

Something people always forget is that stoppings distances mean squat if your brakes fade after a couple of laps. The Brembos on the Gen will NOT fade (see C&D Lightning Lap article).

I like my cars to feel light and nimble, as does MT...obviously, they crowned the Genesis the winner.

I dont want to feel like I should be wearing one of these when Im behind the wheel.

show_image.php

Thing is that cars like genesis feel nimble under normal/spirited diriving, but it's only because everything is filtered and assisted. Only true result of that nice feeling is that you won't see the limits of the car anymore, feeling like it's so easy to drive it fast (anyway there is electronic crap to prevent accidents).

And I don't think brake fading is an issue even without the brembos, most sunday lappers use oem brake setup, just good pads and high temperature dot 4 fluid.

I like my cars to feel light and nimble, as does MT...obviously, they crowned the Genesis the winner.

I dont want to feel like I should be wearing one of these when Im behind the wheel.

I would hardly consider the GC a "light and nimble" car. It may feel sportier compared to a Challenger and Charger (v6s) but it's a boat next to a Miata, RX-8 or S2000... IN FEELING. I know number lies on this tough but take 'em all to Mecaglisse and you'll feel it right away.

Thing is that cars like genesis feel nimble under normal/spirited diriving, but it's only because everything is filtered and assisted. Only true result of that nice feeling is that you won't see the limits of the car anymore, feeling like it's so easy to drive it fast (anyway there is electronic crap to prevent accidents).

And I don't think brake fading is an issue even without the brembos, most sunday lappers use oem brake setup, just good pads and high temperature dot 4 fluid.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's only when today's car are pushed that they start showing their sporty component. Especially the ones in this test. At slow speed they must all feel very civilised.

Brake fading is a huge issue on cars that weight +3500lbs and sport +300HP... but I don't expect you to have any clue about that.

I would hardly consider the GC a "light and nimble" car. It may feel sportier compared to a Challenger and Charger (v6s) but it's a boat next to a Miata, RX-8 or S2000... IN FEELING. I know number lies on this tough but take 'em all to Mecaglisse and you'll feel it right away.

La première fois que j'étais allé mécaglisse y'Avait uen genesis, et je me souviens qu'elle avait fait bonne impression quand frank (le proprio) l'avait testée. Certains chars sports, meme légers, on pas forcément un feeling si nimble que ca en conduite normale, a part la suspension tappe cul. Ca dépend surtout de la direction je trouve. On sent la légerté d'une auto en se garochant à 100 à l'heure dans une courbe tight, pas sur la 40.

J'ai pas conduis de genesis, mais par exemple une mazda 3 a un bon feeling quand on la conduit, tout en étant smooth elle est assez nerveuse, la direction a peu de tours lock to lock, pas trop de roulis en virage, etc. Mais pourtant dans l'absolu ca repousse surement pas ses limites d'adhérence ben plus loin que sur une corolla 2009, qui elle t'indiquera que tu approche des limites avec sa suspension plus molle entre autre (dans les 2 cas, meme si la mazda 3 est moins démultipliée, le volant sera surement peu communicatif sur l'adhérence des roues).

Je veux pas etre deplace jaimerais seulement comprendre mais en quoi ta voiture s'approche du luxe? Encore une fois desole parce qu'avec ma vidange neuve de sx4 je te colle au cul sur le quart de mille.C'est un peu triste si tu veux mon avis.
The vehicle came with the leather interior complete with sunroof, premium audio and temperature controlled air conditioning etc... Everything that a Lincoln Mark VIII had at the time. Like I said the car is now 13 years old, cars just like everything evolves with time. Not too many cars at the time came with four wheel independent suspension, four wheel anti-lock disk brakes and a V8 engine. Maybe you would have a close time but like a said the car was meant to be a luxury alternative to the mustang. The best use for this car is long highway cruises I won't deny it but it has a sporty feeling to it (RWDV8). My car also weights about 2X your car and no it still wouldn't beat mine on the 1/4 mile. Anyways I was just replying to the dude saying it was cheap, asking him why he tought so thats all.

The vehicle came with the leather interior complete with sunroof, premium audio and temperature controlled air conditioning etc... Everything that a Lincoln Mark VIII had at the time. Like I said the car is now 13 years old, cars just like everything evolves with time. Not too many cars at the time came with four wheel independent suspension, four wheel anti-lock disk brakes and a V8 engine. Maybe you would have a close time but like a said the car was meant to be a luxury alternative to the mustang. The best use for this car is long highway cruises I won't deny it but it has a sporty feeling to it (RWDV8). My car also weights about 2X your car and no it still wouldn't beat mine on the 1/4 mile. Anyways I was just replying to the dude saying it was cheap, asking him why he tought so thats all.

Toyota mr2 GT had suede/leather interior, power folding mirrors, telescopic (and height adjustable) steering wheel, automatic (temp controlled) AC, premium audio (6 fairly good speaker + 1 sub woofer), abs, and in option traction control, it was at the same time, and I still don't think this car really is luxury (just GT-ish). True luxury was soarer/sc 400, eunos cosmo, or more expensive mercedes coupe, bmw 850ci, etc. And the fit and fit and materials of the t-bird must be far from german, maybe equal to mr2, and certainly far from sc400/soarer too.

How about 3,800?

]http://www.lawandmore.co.uk/static/images/decembervanessa/nissan_gtr.jpg

P.S.: Thanks for taking this thread completely OT.

Efficient and quick yes, but this thing doesn't have the spirit of what a sport car should be. Like the ZR1 corvette, just put tons of power and wide tires, that's pretty much all about what new supercars are. Luckily, we have many nice cars like caterham seven, lotus elise, ariel atom.

Toyota mr2 GT had suede/leather interior, power folding mirrors, telescopic (and height adjustable) steering wheel, automatic (temp controlled) AC, premium audio (6 fairly good speaker + 1 sub woofer), abs, and in option traction control, it was at the same time, and I still don't think this car really is luxury (just GT-ish). True luxury was soarer/sc 400, eunos cosmo, or more expensive mercedes coupe, bmw 850ci, etc.
I SAID LUXURIOUS ALTERNATIVE TO A MUSTANG.. Between there's something I like.. Its called space.. I wouldn't expect you to understand seeing that your a firefly and 1989 civic lover. Anyways that's wasn't even my point and I don't care about your eunos cosmos whatever that is.

Maybe it's a luxurious alternative to mustang but it still sucks and isn't luxurious enough. And space? I doubt than even there, the rear seats are roomy, and in the front you won't have any problem in almost any cars.
And if I like my beater, I can still judge severly on luxurious cars, their equipement, global refinement (chassis, engine, design, etc.), fit and finish, material, etc.
T-bird are worthless.

Broody's back from the death.

Back