BMW M3 E92 ou Ford Mustang GT 5.0 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
An M3 new is what, like 80k? That's double the price of the Mustang. Imagine what the mustang would be with 40k in mods!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weBv5NXV5oQ"]YouTube- H2H Ep 14, Shelby Super Snake Vs. Nuformz Challeng[/ame]
Youre talking about a Shelby Super Snake right there.. :yikes:

Worst logik ever. Kind of ironic.

No one with the budget of an M3 will settle for a Mustang GT. These comparaisons are for badge whores to justify their purchases (in M3's case) and for low ballers to do the same with the Mustang GT.

There is no winner, only different tastes and budgets.

There are aftermarket kits out there that push the price of a Mustang past that of an M3. People buy them.

Some people want a big American V8 with lots of torque. The M3 has no torque.

I doubt you can find an M3 for $50K used.

they are not made of gold

depends on the year but for %50k you get a pretty recent M3!

Les M3 used tournent aux alentours de 55 000$ présentement, l an prochain quand la Mustang 5,0 va sortir on sera pas loin du 50k$.

Au pire sors de chez vous et va la chercher aux Etats.

Une M3 sedan c est dans les mid 60 000$ et une coupé sa frôle les 70 000$.

Even though I have a highly modified Mustang GT the M3 is a very sexy car.

The fit and finish in the new Mustangs is definitely improving but let's not kid ourselves there is a difference between a $40,000 car and one at nearly twice the price.

What is fun in my modified GT is that M3 owners sometimes try to show their superiority on the highway and then get very disappointed.

With the 2011 they will be aware of the fact that it will be a drivers race.
Those that say Mustangs can't handle because they have a solid rear axle are very wrong.

My friend just received his 2010 GT500 convertible and even though the car weighs in at over 4,000lb the suspension improvements are quite apparent.

If you want to make a closer price comparisson then compare the M3 to the 2011 GT500 which will get the new aluminum block and svt suspension/brake package. The GT500 has nice alcantara leather accents in the seats and steering wheel and a few other nice touches. For an extra $1,000 or so you are just a pulley, sparkplug, and tune swap away from 570rwhp.

la mustang cé pu un gros bateau apparemment
Comment en est-on arrivé la ???
Pourquoi le monde croit maintenant qu'un char de 3600 lbs, c pas un bateau ?
Le seule véhicule à 4 roues qui devraient avoir le droit d'avoir ce poid la, c'est une mini-fourgonette. Y'a 1000 lbs de trop dans les 2 chars.

I love the M3 but god damn the 30K$ price seals the deal.
I would take the GT and invest 30K somewhere else.

does it HAVE to be an e92? :/

anyway, stang GT vs m3? compleeeeeeeeeeeetely different crowds/drivers.......

i'd go m3 only because, personally, Mustang's have a stigma of quality issues .. i dont know what it is.. but every time i get in-and-out of a 4th or 5th gen Stang, all that resonates in my ears is the sound of loose plastic and metal shuffling around. but does this justify shelling out the extra $30k? No. (but i'm going by personal taste/opinion, nothing else) i'd probably get an older m3, get it back to perfect, then pocket the change. i'm not following closely, but if ford is actually working towards fixing these kinds of issues (i think they're ok performance-wise), then i'm much more open minded to the possibility of owning one in the future

Last edited:
M3 Sedan for me.. but yeah, you can't compare them. I'd have a hard time choosing a Mustang GT over a new Camaro SS just cuz I think it's so sexy.

There are aftermarket kits out there that push the price of a Mustang past that of an M3. People buy them.

Some people want a big American V8 with lots of torque. The M3 has no torque.

And there are kits for the E92 M3 that make it a supercar killer. People still buy them.

These are minorities. The vast majority of E9X M3 potential buyers will not look for a second at '11 Mustang GT and vice versa. The later having price as the main restriction and the first being price as well, in a completely different way.

And there are kits for the E92 M3 that make it a supercar killer. People still buy them.

These are minorities. The vast majority of E9X M3 potential buyers will not look for a second at '11 Mustang GT and vice versa. The later having price as the main restriction and the first being price as well, in a completely different way.

Minorities or not, they still exist. And all I said was that an M3 would not come close to a Mustang with 40k in mods.

You said...

DivImport said:
No one with the budget of an M3 will settle for a Mustang GT.

This is a totally false statement.

This is a totally false statement.

That is a totally true statement.

A customer that has 80k in hands shopping for a brand new sports car will go for the M3 versus buying a Stang '11 and effectively voiding the (may I add shitty) warranty by dumping 40k in mods into it.

If anybody was to do it, there would simply be no logic involved, he would loose 40k on the spot + depreciation on this car.

You will not convince anyone these are truly competitive cars outside of stats. Pricing mainly divides categories, stats do not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back