News: Hyundai Sonata convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'est vraiment drole de voir les gens chier sur Hyundai. Le pire c'est qu'ils ont AUCUN argument valable. Faut etre niaiseux quand meme, payer plus cher pour un civic used quand tu peux avoir une Elantra qui offre plus pour moins cher.

Faut surtout etre con pour acheter un char neuf.... surtout une Hyundai/Kia/Suzuki/ Chev Cobalt, etc.. lol.

And as far as I know, Hyndai's standing is 8th in sales... Maybe in welfare QC they are 4th but then again, QC is the butthole of the universe.

Faut surtout etre con pour acheter un char neuf.... surtout une Hyundai/Kia/Suzuki/ Chev Cobalt, etc.. lol.

And as far as I know, Hyndai's standing is 8th in sales... Maybe in welfare QC they are 4th but then again, QC is the butthole of the universe.

C'est quoi le rapport des char neuf??? Quand tu achete un char neuf c pas pour le vendre tout de suite apres (ya des locations juste pour ca). Je m'en calisse tu pas de la valeur de revente, je garde mes char le plus longtemps possible.

Vas faire ton frais avec tas Benz d'entré de gamme pis laisse nous tranquille

Ok, mais laissons leur la chance de nous prouver qu'ils sont capables de faire des autos durables/fiables..

Tout le monde bashent leur fiabilité, mais crime laissez leur le temps, vous basherez dans 5-10 ans au pire!

Le monde disent par exemple "eille un hyundai genesis c pas fiable ca voyons donc c'est de la marde".. comment tu peux savoir, le char a sorti l'an passé!!

Mon Elantra Gt 2005 est rendu a 120,00km et j'ai eu auncun probleme avec. les seules chose qui on ete change sont les freins, tie-rod et link kit. Apart l'entretien reguliere ca me coute vraiment rien en reparation.

Anyway arreter de vous énerver avec sa!!!! sa sortira probablement jamais sur le marché

Last edited:
Honda et Toyota se pogne le cul en R&D, ils ont pourtant permis de mettre sur le marché des voitures Hybrides à un coût honnête! ( qui, soit dit en passant est l'avenir pour tout les daily driver ) pendant ce temps que sortent Hyundai qui investissent pas mal en R&D ??

c'est qu'on a jamais recu la élantra hybride, moi je dit que si la nouvelle élentra a un bon ''redesign'' comme la nouvelle sonata et accent et que en plus il en font une hybride a ''low cost'' le monde vont sauté dessus....

je crois que pour hyundai ils veulent y aller avec un moteur électrique qui ne vas que ''aider le moteur'' jamais la voiture ne va rouler seulement a l'électricité. certe ce n'est pas le best MAIS cela va permettre d'avoir un hybride bien en dessous des 20 000$......

puisque on s'entend que une civic hybride c'est combien 23000.... je vois meme 27000 (si c'est vraiment 27000$ pour une civic, ca coute calissement cher pour une civic)

hyundai on la stratégie la mieux ciblé, il refont leur image avec des char pas cher avec une garantie complète (5 ans), et apres cela et bien il vont pouvoir relancer n'importe quel compagnie avec des voitures supérieure.....faut pas oublié que huyndai part de très loin......

C'est quoi le rapport des char neuf??? Quand tu achete un char neuf c pas pour le vendre tout de suite apres (ya des locations juste pour ca). Je m'en calisse tu pas de la valeur de revente, je garde mes char le plus longtemps possible.

Vas faire ton frais avec tas Benz d'entré de gamme pis laisse nous tranquille

Problem is, your genesis is "entrée de gamme". And the simple fact your faggot ass sat in it makes in worthless now. I drive a 330xi now if it can convince you I would never buy a piece of shit korean crapbox with leaf springs and plastic seats. Oh and how long do you think your tin can superiority complex car can last ? Because unlike euros, your car insn't well built, and unlike japs, your car isn't reliable (on snap, it's true, you have a downgraded mitsu engine with alloyed slag instead of forged steel). Bottom line is, your car was cheap, lost all it's value the day you took it out, is a poseur car because it tries to be everything it isn't like trying to look expansive, and will never last you as long as a proper car. Korean cars are like hotdogs, they're good for a quick one and cheap as fuck, and feel just as they look.

Yes, I'm hating on you.

Problem is, your genesis is "entrée de gamme". And the simple fact your faggot ass sat in it makes in worthless now. I drive a 330xi now if it can convince you I would never buy a piece of shit korean crapbox with leaf springs and plastic seats. Oh and how long do you think your tin can superiority complex car can last ? Because unlike euros, your car insn't well built, and unlike japs, your car isn't reliable (on snap, it's true, you have a downgraded mitsu engine with alloyed slag instead of forged steel). Bottom line is, your car was cheap, lost all it's value the day you took it out, is a poseur car because it tries to be everything it isn't like trying to look expansive, and will never last you as long as a proper car. Korean cars are like hotdogs, they're good for a quick one and cheap as fuck, and feel just as they look.

Yes, I'm hating on you.

Let me spot the factual errors for you:

1. He has a Genesis Coupe 3.8, not a base model, nor a Mitsu engine.
2. It doesn't have leaf springs
3. It has leather seats
4. Have a look at LesPac and gauge the resale value, then come back.
5. Once you're back, have a look at JDpower's current fiability rankings.
6. Once you've had your gay friend take his dick out of your ass have a look at the current top selling manufacturers.

Why am I being so factual, you're a poseur who buys a used hairdresser's car. A 330xi is crap, has your chassis fallen from under you yet? BMW didn't cover it until thousands of owners sued their ass.

Let me spot the factual errors for you:

1. He has a Genesis Coupe 3.8, not a base model, nor a Mitsu engine.
2. It doesn't have leaf springs
3. It has leather seats
4. Have a look at LesPac and gauge the resale value, then come back.
5. Once you're back, have a look at JDpower's current fiability rankings.
6. Once you've had your gay friend take his dick out of your ass have a look at the current top selling manufacturers.

Why am I being so factual, you're a poseur who buys a used hairdresser's car. A 330xi is crap, has your chassis fallen from under you yet? BMW didn't cover it until thousands of owners sued their ass.

I'm sorry but I'd take any BMW over a Genesis. Not to take anything from Hyundai because they have improved greatly, but the fact that they take companies like BMW, Audi and Mercedes for benchmarks just kills any desire for them. Make your own benchmarks, stop copying off others...

It's just ridiculous to copy cars like that, they're not far behind the Chiense and no one can deny it. They said they took the old model of A6 and tried to benchmark the interior quality and feel of it. It's fkin gay, you have to copy some other company to make a nice interior, and even then, you fail miserably because it doesn't look half as good as any Audi interior...

The day Hyundai will come up with they're own shit, I'll respect, but until then I'll have a hair dresser BMW that has millions of $$ spent in R&D in it.

I'm sorry but I'd take any BMW over a Genesis. Not to take anything from Hyundai because they have improved greatly, but the fact that they take companies like BMW, Audi and Mercedes for benchmarks just kills any desire for them. Make your own benchmarks, stop copying off others...

It's just ridiculous to copy cars like that, they're not far behind the Chiense and no one can deny it. They said they took the old model of A6 and tried to benchmark the interior quality and feel of it. It's fkin gay, you have to copy some other company to make a nice interior, and even then, you fail miserably because it doesn't look half as good as any Audi interior...

The day Hyundai will come up with they're own shit, I'll respect, but until then I'll have a hair dresser BMW that has millions of $$ spent in R&D in it.

Your post doesn't make any sense.

Audi took the M3 E46 as a benchmark and released the B7 RS4. BMW took the B7 RS4 as a benchmark and did the E9x M3. Audi took the E9x M3 as a bench mark and released the RS5. Mercedes then tried to reply to both by releasing new performance packages for the C63AMG. Competition and benchmarks is what provides innovation, how else could we progress?

Non-performance (read non-M, non-AMG, non-RS) EURO owners are funny whenever they try to defend their choices.

"My car has 425 billions invested in proper R&D"

Right, yet it still does 0-60 in 7 seconds and has a gazillion electronic issues.

Oh, read below, you might learn a thing:

Introduced in March, 2007 as the "Concept Genesis", the sedan was designed by Hyundai as a "progressive interpretation of the modern rear-wheel drive sports sedan".[6] Hyundai conceived the idea for the Genesis in 2003. The body design took three years and the total cost of the program was $500 million over a development period of 23 months. Reliability testing ran for 800,000 miles

Yes, I'm hating on you.

330xi, wooahhh. Man you're the shit, for real. :rolleyes:

It's not even worth arguing with people like you. Your head is so deep in the sand, nothing could pull it out.

Your post doesn't make any sense.

Audi took the M3 E46 as a benchmark and released the B7 RS4. BMW took the B7 RS4 as a benchmark and did the E9x M3. Audi took the E9x M3 as a bench mark and released the RS5. Mercedes then tried to reply to both by releasing new performance packages for the C63AMG. Competition and benchmarks is what provides innovation, how else could we progress?

Non-performance (read non-M, non-AMG, non-RS) EURO owners are funny whenever they try to defend their choices.

"My car has 425 billions invested in proper R&D"

Right, yet it still does 0-60 in 7 seconds and has a gazillion electronic issues.

Oh, read below, you might learn a thing:

I made a typo, Benchmark isn't what I meant. What I mean by copying is that they took the same materials, same colors etc... that the Audi uses. Wheres the innovation here? To my eyes, this deserves no respect.

Audi compared the S4 to the E46 M3 for benchmarks, they wanted to surpass it. They did not COPY it, things Hyundai does. Besides, often people compare the RS4 and the M3 but they aren't in the same league. S4 compares to M3. RS4 compares to nothing really since it's twice the price of any of the others. M3 is 65,000$, C63 is 63,000$ and the RS4 was over 95,000$. Anyway, were going off topic here... And they only thing they tried to benchmark are its performance specs not built quality or any of that. Each of the 3 big Germans have they're own interiors, they're own designs...

I don't need to defend my choice I don't know where you read that I drive an A4? And even so, I'd still rather have a slower A4, 3 Series or C Class that any a little fast Korean can. I love my S4, it's reliable and does 0-100 in 5 secs. It has a V8 that, if not driven pedal to the floor, does 600 KMs on a tank of +/- 50L. Hyundai is a few years behind until they'll be able to build a car that has the same feel as any car in this range. 0-100 times don't impress me. I could built a shopping kart that can do 0-100 fast but it doesn't mean much.

Hyundai and Kia are successful because they build cars cheap, that go from point a to point b in a reliable manner and that come with a lot of options for the price. Obviously, they have no choice to be so if they wanted to stay alive. I respect the fact that they improved greatly but don't come talking shit here saying Hyundai is comparable to BMW, Audi or Mercedes especially since they copy them and make a cheaper copy.

Proof; Hyundai Genesis direction components are a copy of BMWs direction off of the 3 Series or 1 Series, cant recall exactly, but made out of metal instead of aluminum. So they spent 500 Mils in R&D to copy BMW? It's ridiculous...

I repeat, I don't hate on Hyundai, heck I suggested an Accent or Elantra to my girlfriend, but what pisses me off is when guys like you come here and talk shit and bash other brands when Hyundai is a cheap knock off of bigger brand who really does all the R&D. That's what I don't like. There's no miracle to WHY Hyundai makes everything cheaper.

Hyundai and Kia are successful because they build cars cheap, that go from point a to point b in a reliable manner and that come with a lot of options for the price. Obviously, they have no choice to be so if they wanted to stay alive. I respect the fact that they improved greatly but don't come talking shit here saying Hyundai is comparable to BMW, Audi or Mercedes especially since they copy them and make a cheaper copy.

je dirais pas que il vende des voiture cheap, il vende des voiture selon le prix!!! tout est relatif dans la vie, bien sur moi meme je prendrais plus une Audi et BMW que hyundai

MAIS si on regarde ce d'une autre perspective, hyundai/ford/gm...ne vendrait pas de voiture normale et BMW AUDI etc vendrait pas des voiture TROP cher.....?

tout est relatif, moi perso je n'acheterais jamais un char a 70 000$....pourquoi? je vois pas l'interet alors tant mieux si hyundai font des répliques pour moins cher, ca me permet de payé ma maison en 20 ans au lieu de 35 et de voyager a chaque année et payé du bon temps. au lieu de travailler 60 heures au centre-ville.

comme je dit tout est relatif

pour certain la hyundai est cheap, pour d'autre la Audi est overpriced......

par contre biens sur que je prendrais la bmw plus qu'une hyundai pour le meme prix....mais sa arrivera jamais......:(

j

par contre biens sur que je prendrais la bmw plus qu'une hyundai pour le meme prix....mais sa arrivera jamais......:(

Well of fucking course. If the 135i was 33 000$ I'd be all over it, it just isn't. 33 000$ barely gets you into a 128i or a 323i. Poseur cars.

I just don't see how the Genesis Sedan/Coupe are copies of anything.

In the development of the Genesis Coupe they used the E46 M3 as a benchmark and exceeded it's chassis stiffness. Is this benchmarking or copying?

According to Hyundai, the Genesis Coupe has a 24% stiffer bending rigidity than the BMW M3 coupe

Proof; Hyundai Genesis direction components are a copy of BMWs direction off of the 3 Series or 1 Series, cant recall exactly, but made out of metal instead of aluminum. So they spent 500 Mils in R&D to copy BMW? It's ridiculous...

I believe you bought too much in Hyundai's marketing about how they tried to compare with the high end German cars and supposed they just copied them. Fact is their marketing created a "hate it or love it" relationship with both cars which is clearly shown in the countless debates we've had on MR about it.

You can only do so much with a car to differentiate it from another on a mechanical point of view. BMW's way of setting up their steering is one of the most effective for precision and feel through a MacPherson front setup. Why should they reinvent the wheel? BMW got it right, Audi and Mercedes didn't. Heck, according to car mags Hyundai outdid the BMW E92 M3's steering feel with the Genesis Coupe, copying or benchmarking?

According to The Truth About Cars review, "...The biggest surprise in this entire package: the Genesis Coupe’s steering. While the Europeans seem to favor lighter and lighter steering feel (to disguise their model’s increasingly obese if safety-oriented curb weight), the Genesis feels perfectly weighted and precise. BMW’s M3—yes, that one—should take lessons from the Genesis Coupe’s steering rack. It serves-up Porsche-level feel, with just a tad less precision."

Hyundai made Ward's Top 10 engine list with their superb Tau V8, copy or benchmark? It surpasses Audi's and BMW's sedan NA V8s by a long shot:

The 4.6 Tau V8 Engine was named to the Wards 2009 10 Best Engine Awards.[2] The Tau V8 received the award due to the engine's "velvety power delivery, competitive performance, and attainable price-- all of which epitomize the Korean auto maker's drive for world-class engineering", as quoted by Forbes. This is Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. first appearance on Ward's 10 Best Engines list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back