Looking for a good first car for about 6-7k

MEILLEUR conseil a vie :

ton premier char achete toi une vidange
parce que c'est sur que tu vas le planter ou au moins accrochages

ca fait partie de lapprentissage

tes mieux de scrapper une vidange qu'un beau char qui ta couté cher

je sais que tu ne suivras pas mon conseil mais au moins je te laurai dit =)

c sur qua ton age si tu vas dans les grosse bagnole i vont te violer laisse toi le temps va i avec quoi de pas trop cher meme a 5K tu peut avoir de koi le fun a jouer dessus pis a modifier sans te ruiner sur des taxe a la saaq ou des paillement trop gros perso vas avec ta tête si tu veut flasher bais vas i mais ya des pris a payer pour sa comme les assurance pis les policier qui vont te coller parceque ta 16 ans pis tu conduit une BMW,Benz ect.....

buy a 1000$ car and keep the rest of your money to save up

jsut cause you have your liscence doesnt mean you necessarily know how to drive
you'll learn alot and make alot of mistakes and making mistakes on a 1000$ car is alot better than a 7000$ car.

Buy cheap now, keep working and saving and next summer with your built up experience, you can start lookin at soemthign nicer

just my .02 .. congrats though, enjoy driving

if you buy a jap sports car insurance will rape you. (300zx supra.. whatever would be bad)
BMW/Audis are great, but insurance will rape you also repairs will rape you..
If you really want a fast cheap luxury car go Volvo,
if you shop right you can easily find a 220hp stock automatic with leather heated seats, a/c, 6 speaker audio, 4 wheel disk, traction control, automatic everything.
insurance is cheap and cops wont even look at you if you were wearing a clown suit.
850 R for the win you could pick one up for around 3000$

MEILLEUR conseil a vie :

QTF.. au pire tu le ride pendant 1 ans pour faire tes folies, tu vas vivre tes premières expériences de conduite avec les milliers de tatas qui savent pas conduire.. et jvois surtout pas l'intéret de s'endetter pour un premier char pis de payer des sommes gigantesque pour les assurances. Garde ton cash!:run:

Here is my advice:

Whatever direction you decide to take, be careful not to spend more or less than a fair price for a car. When I say fair price I do not necessarily mean the black book value but rather the market value.

For example, don't pay $6500 for an E46 just because it's a BMW and don't pay $6500 for a really clean 1992 Civic. The E46 will end up costing you a lot in repairs and the Civic will be hard to resell for such a premium.

I know this may sound like common sense but it's easy to forget about it when you're 16 and want a performance car that meets a budget. Think about it and good luck *tu*

Here is my advice:

Whatever direction you decide to take, be careful not to spend more or less than a fair price for a car. When I say fair price I do not necessarily mean the black book value but rather the market value.

For example, don't pay $6500 for an E46 just because it's a BMW and don't pay $6500 for a really clean 1992 Civic. The E46 will end up costing you a lot in repairs and the Civic will be hard to resell for such a premium.

I know this may sound like common sense but it's easy to forget about it when you're 16 and want a performance car that meets a budget. Think about it and good luck *tu*

thanks
I always try to keep that in mind
I will not take the first nice car I see..
Im going to shop around and find something in good condition for my budget that will retain its value

good point, also if the civic costs 6.5k it's probably modded and probably fast... i would really really advise against getting anything that runs faster than 15's as ur first car. if i did all the stupid shit that i did when i was 16 in turbo civic, i probably wouldn't be alive right now.

No problem. Does the Insurance prices vary that much around the Province here ? By the prices I have seen people post up, It would be better for me never to change my address to Quebec City and just put it at my parents or something.

From my understanding, yeah. At least 1K if I want to insure any recent car (less than 8 y.o.) for me. People don't get it so much cheaper unless they live outside the island. I keep with somewhat old cars, they're cheap to insure one way.

And yes, I wouldn't switch if I were you. 16$ a month for an accent is what I pay for my old beater or my '88 Benz

No problem. Does the Insurance prices vary that much around the Province here ? By the prices I have seen people post up, It would be better for me never to change my address to Quebec City and just put it at my parents or something.
that's insurance fraud, they might refuse to indemnify u if u don't play ur cards right when something happens.

IMHO you shouldnt spend your money to buy a Audi or VW or volvo or ANYTHING domestic ( unless muscle or a first gen Bronco lol ) unless its got a heck of a warranty.

These are in your budget if you look hard and really want a luxury with lower maintenance costs
Infinity Q45
Lexus GS300 or GS400
Lexus IS300 probably top of your budget with higher miles
Lexus LS400 Any year and I mean this but 93 and up id a bit better built like a Sherman Tank and good gas milage with supreme ride quality
Acura RL
Subaru Legacy GT Turbo ( Not luxury but uber fast )
Subaru WRX JDM ( Not luxury but uber fast )
Lancer Evo 1 or 2 JDM ( Not luxury but uber fast )

Preludes are mostly rust buckets now if winter driven and theyre nice but transmission and engine reliability wouldnt withstand everyday killing from a novice driver. Third gear is probably the first to go lol.

Echo RS hands down on cheap n reliable and again a Honda civic is a best first car choice, you will enjoy killing it every single time you start the engine hehe.

MEILLEUR conseil a vie :

QFT

je conduit bien
c sur jva faire un peut le cave avec mais jabusera po si jpaye bcp

lol

buy a 1000$ car and keep the rest of your money to save upg

best advice so far.

Back