now i have seen it all, craigslist inside...

40 000 kilo dans locean quoi ? merde quil est pas clean imagaine le plancher.. si au moin il aurais la mecanique original propre dedans !

The overall body doesnt seems THAT rotten, i've worked on a couple of mk1 restaurations now and, if it really does have 40 000km on the body it will be an easy repair because the chassis didnt flex much. Yes there is rust but that can be cut off and replaced with brand new metal, i've seen much worst, you guys should have seen Ralph's baby blue 1980 Rabbit when he bought it. But again, he didnt pay 4000$ for it hehe

The price is kinda ridiculous, he's probably trying to get back the money he spent on the ABA swap, at 1500$ he would sell it pretty quick for a nice project begining.
Lots of potential there, but he needs to come back on earth.
At this kind of price you'd expect less rust than this, but keep in mind a flawless rabbit can sell up to 8-9k with the original 8V engine in it, they're vintage cars now.
:)

i sent him an email and he replied.... he knows he won't sell it for 5000$ he has an offer of 2g's, he says the interior is a1 and it has low miles....whats left thats original for the milage to matter...the wheel bearings,the dash....lol the motor and trans is swapped.

this is the best part..
"The car is equipped with custom made Drop Springs giving it a lower gravity point and better stability, and the setup is complimented with brand new KYB Gas-A-Just shocks all around"

i offered 1000$, just cause it has lots of parts i could use on mine.

Back