running open fuel lines ?

ok. i have a simple question about running without any fuel filter in the engine bay. i was thinking about pvc connecter with some resistant fuel lines going straight to the engine instead of using a fuel filter.

my question mainly is about. IS THAT DANGEROUS for my engine ? i got told that it wasn't but i just wanna make sure.

btw main reason i wanna do this is because my tank is not rusted and is kinda clean inside im pretty sure. and my fuel filter is due for a change and instead of buying another one i want to run open wide fuel lnes

Your tank isn't rusted but there's all kinds of fun stuff at the bottom after the years. Leave the filter in, it's not expensive and there is no performance difference..

there a difference if the fuel filter is clogged t_t and the car have a hard starting it takes like 8 ignition times before it start up.

i got a jdm b18c-r with bout less than 100k thats for sure. it got swapped 3 months ago

i was filling my fuel last time and car was hot temp i just turned key off to fill my tank and when i restarted the car stalled instantly and got a hard time restarting.

what could cause these kind of problems i have no cels

Well obviously if it's clogged replace it. But, it being clogged is pretty good indication that there needs to be a filter there, otherwise the next thing down the line to get clogged are your injectors.

i was filling my fuel last time and car was hot temp i just turned key off to fill my tank and when i restarted the car stalled instantly and got a hard time restarting.

what could cause these kind of problems i have no cels

Could be a number of things...
Pull your spark plugs and see if you're rich or lean, or burning oil or coolant in any of them. Google "reading spark plugs" to identify problems this way.

not a good idea imo

each injector have a strainer to prevent clogging, but they are kinda small and if you run without a filter it might clog up real fast!!

dont say your tank is clean, no rust doesnt mean its clean!!
each car fuel tank have some kind of dirt in the bottom

its just a good advice: a fuel filter cost way much less than 4 injector ;)

You probably have a bad tune, or a bad setting inside the ECU, or your ignition is messed up.

I had a problem when I was starting my car after getting off the track - after a few keystrokes the problem went away - but it is definately NOT your fuel filter - if you don't, there is a good chance you will clog your injectors.

Check your cap, rotor, plugs and wires.

Back