College CDI Feedback!

let_it_burn

Je m'apprete à m'embarquer dans des études pis j'envisageais le College CDI pis je voulais avoir des feedbacks de personnes qui sont allé ou des personnes que vous connaissez!!

est-ce que ca vaut le prix? est-ce que c'est facile de ce trouver une job dans le domaine d'étude apres?

sinon qu'est-ce que vous me conseilleriez??

PS c'est pour le programme de Gestion de Réseaux!

Ma mere a fait un cours chez CDI ce fait 10 ans a peu pres. C'as l'air d'etre bien gere et elle n'avait aucune probleme a trouver une job apres. Si ca vaut le prix, par contre.. je sais pas.. c'est combien ton programme, $16-20k? Vas-tu avoir une stage apres les etudes, par example?

My cousin is a nurse, studied there, now she works in Belgium makes 80-90k euro a year working 30 hours a week, and when she does overtime, she gets paid like 75-80 euros an hour, and overtime apparently is always available where she works at.

I went to Delta (before it merged with CDI). The courses were ok but I learnt more working. I got a stage right away and was hired. I've been working since (been 8 years) and am making good money.

It seemed like some people in the program figured that since they paying 14k that they didn't have to put the work in - maybe that's why only 3 of us actually finished the course!

Je m'apprete à m'embarquer dans des études pis j'envisageais le College CDI pis je voulais avoir des feedbacks de personnes qui sont allé ou des personnes que vous connaissez!!

est-ce que ca vaut le prix? est-ce que c'est facile de ce trouver une job dans le domaine d'étude apres?

sinon qu'est-ce que vous me conseilleriez??

PS c'est pour le programme de Gestion de Réseaux!

I had a friend that went to CDI and another one that went to LaSalle College and expect the following:

1) Don't expect to land a job (entry level) that pays more than $35,000.00 a year (maximum)
2) Expect to get a job in help desk and/or technical support
3) Don't expect to become a network administrator or system administrator unless you get your Microsoft and Cisco certifications which take more time and cost more money

Aside from that, if you have NO other options and really want to work in IT, then give it a shot, but EXPECT to work 2 times harder than the guy with the bachelors degree in order to get where he is in position and pay scale within a company.

Et oublie les grosses compagnies, style Hydro-Québec. Pour eux, c'est BAC ou DEC avec ben de l'expérience au minimum. Un AEC pour eux, ça n'existe pas...

I had a friend that went to CDI and another one that went to LaSalle College and expect the following:

1) Don't expect to land a job (entry level) that pays more than $35,000.00 a year (maximum)
2) Expect to get a job in help desk and/or technical support
3) Don't expect to become a network administrator or system administrator unless you get your Microsoft and Cisco certifications which take more time and cost more money

Aside from that, if you have NO other options and really want to work in IT, then give it a shot, but EXPECT to work 2 times harder than the guy with the bachelors degree in order to get where he is in position and pay scale within a company.

Virtualization certification is a must today also.

im doing an AEC in cegep right now and i think thats just as good

anyone do any AEC courses at dawson for the 3d design etc?

Et oublie les grosses compagnies, style Hydro-Québec. Pour eux, c'est BAC ou DEC avec ben de l'expérience au minimum. Un AEC pour eux, ça n'existe pas...

C'est faux, j'ai seulement un AEC du collège CDI et je travaille chez HQ en info ;)

Par contre je suis probablement une exception.

J'ai fait le programme en gestions de réseaux en 2002-2003 chez CDI à Longueuil car il n'y avait pas encore ce programme au cegep.

En sortant de là j'ai fait du helpdesk, comme le mentionnait Trendster c'est fort probable que tu fasses ça en sortant de chez CDI.

Ensuite, c'est une question de connaitre les bonnes personnes et démontrer que tu veux continuellement te perfectionner/apprendre et profiter des opportunités qui te sont présentées.

Avoir à refaire les mêmes choix aujourd'hui je suivrais le cours au public simplement à cause du prix.

im doing an AEC in cegep right now and i think thats just as good

anyone do any AEC courses at dawson for the 3d design etc?

The Cegep 3D courses are too recent, I don't think anyone's finished with them yet, it's a 3 year program isn't it?

Anyways I'm in the games industry and I can say that 99% of the artists hired in the studios are either from Centre NAD or Ubisoft Campus.

Back