Road Test: New Mustang 5.0 VS M3 by Motor Trend

Non mais disont que si l'interieur etait aussi bien fait que la moteur ca serait tres dur a battre comme voiture.

h-lover
Trop exagerer

True, but it would no longer be a 45,000 car.

If you bump 1 model in the Mustang lineup, you bump all of them(V6, V8GT, V8Boss, GT500). It's a SERIOUS business decision to take for Ford.

True, but it would no longer be a 45,000 car.

If you bump 1 model in the Mustang lineup, you bump all of them(V6, V8GT, V8Boss, GT500). It's a SERIOUS business decision to take for Ford.

Yes but at 45000 you cant make a better finished car? You dont think that if Ford offered a better interior for lets say 2500$ the people who can afford the gt wouldnt buy it? Why cheap out there like spider said they have the mach kit available do the same for the interior.

Yes but at 45000 you cant make a better finished car? You dont think that if Ford offered a better interior for lets say 2500$ the people who can afford the gt wouldnt buy it? Why cheap out there like spider said they have the mach kit available do the same for the interior.

An interior upgrade is much more than 2,500 when you factor it the cost to fit this into the production line. It isn't only about material finish and quality, it's about insulation, origin of the materials, wire routing, etc.

Such an upgrade needs to be planned from the ground up, it's a lot more complicated than going with good looking materials.

It's sad that Ford can't make a great interior for the Mustang, but IMO it is part of why they are able to make such a high performance car so affordable.

The more refined package is obviously the M3, but look at how much that costs!

How many BMW's have you owned? I see you have a Mustang and im sure you take car of it very well, but dont judge a car without at least comparing them properly.

M@NU: "are you saying a mustang isint reliable ?"

No but I would like to see how many repairs and what was repaired in both of these cars 5 years from now. None of us can judge either of these cars reliability yet and to be honest if any of us were to buy either of these cars we would want to know that 5-6 years from now they would still run and look like the day we just bought it. (Especially the bm since it is double the price). Yes I know BMW has also had reliability issues with some of there cars but so has Ford. I always judge the reliability form what was changed and after how long. At the same time since the mustang does cost half the price if lets say the car after 5 years only has a couple problems more or less than the BMW than sure the mustang is more reliable but lets say you had to change the trann, the suspension, there's some rust on the car than you cant say its more reliable. We'll know more in a couple of years but for the price it is the best bang for the buck and I probably would buy one over the M3 but we cant say its better until a few years from now.

Well I know from experience that after a some hard launches with an E92 M3 the bolts holding the diff in place will sheer off. About the only problem I've dealt with. The interior in the M3 isn't that specular either because I had a door panel randomly fall off while getting out one day. The old E46 had a better layout and the material quality felt a tad better. Then again the E46 M3 was the last of a breed.

I believe the M3 in the 4dr model is about as good as a car can get. You can put people in it and still have room for stuff. The trunk will fit 2 golf bags tight but you can put 2 sets of skis through the rear seat.

It depends on what you like though, Some people like the Mustang and some like the M3. I find it silly that everyone is auguring hearsay on cars they most likely have only seen and never lived with.

Well I know from experience that after a some hard launches with an E92 M3 the bolts holding the diff in place will sheer off. About the only problem I've dealt with. The interior in the M3 isn't that specular either because I had a door panel randomly fall off while getting out one day. The old E46 had a better layout and the material quality felt a tad better. Then again the E46 M3 was the last of a breed.

I believe the M3 in the 4dr model is about as good as a car can get. You can put people in it and still have room for stuff. The trunk will fit 2 golf bags tight but you can put 2 sets of skis through the rear seat.

It depends on what you like though, Some people like the Mustang and some like the M3. I find it silly that everyone is auguring hearsay on cars they most likely have only seen and never lived with.

That's basically it for all we know the new M3 the car could be a big pile of crap too, companies are trying to cut costs eveywhere and if bmw is charging that much for a car with bad electronics and shitty interior also then the stang will destroy the M3 WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING YET.

So this comparison fails

C'est sur et certain qu'une Ford Mustang après 4 ans ça va commencer à faire du rattle vs une BMW de série 3. Pensez-vous vraiment que vous aurez l'équivalent d'une M3 en terme de performance pour la moitié moins du prix sans aucun compromis? Ouf, il y en a ici qui n'ont pas les 2 pieds sur terre.

La M3 tu paye pour le M power pis la conduite qui es démentiel.Ford pourait
vendre les Mustang 2000$ de + pis avoir des banc qui te donne le feeling de faire 1 avec le char pis tous serais parfait.Ca pis les pneus comme je disait plus loin.

That's basically it for all we know the new M3 the car could be a big pile of crap too, companies are trying to cut costs eveywhere and if bmw is charging that much for a car with bad electronics and shitty interior also then the stang will destroy the M3 WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING YET.

So this comparison fails

I don't think the comparison fails. It talks about performance and the M3 is a good bench mark.

You just seem to have your panties in a twist.

comme le gars dit god bless america pfff pis on est pas arranger avec le gars des vue......

LOL

//M3 > mustang

meme pas comparable

The M3 has been out for close to 4 years now. The early gremlins were with the 7spd DCT oil, but that quickly got solved.

The main issue with the M3 are the brakes, but that's only if you track the car and it isn't really a reliability concern. It's a pretty bulletproof car considering its high revving engine.

I don't think the comparison fails. It talks about performance and the M3 is a good bench mark.

You just seem to have your panties in a twist.

I dont have my panties int a twist the reason I believe it fails is because the rest of the 2 cars are never compared, in the end it is as you said only a performance comparison.

Fuck the Mustang. Its a cheap piece of shit in my opinion. No I'm not questioning the reliability of the vehicle as I'm sure it will probably have less mechanical problems than a BMW in the long run. I'm questioning the fit and finish.

No, the new one's are not better than they used to be. They never have been and they never will be. In five years the Ford will drive like a piece of shit with rattling doors, rattling dash and cheap plastic shitty parts in the interior that fall apart. The BMW will be the same as the day it was driven off the lot. This is quality. The # of repairs to me is called reliability. Its not limited to Ford either. All American cars share the same problem.

Saturn was supposed to be the Japanese killer. It wasn't They were piece of shit vehicles like the rest of the GM lineup.

Chrysler LH sedans were supposed to be new and improved quality. They wern't. They became cheap pieces of shit like the rest of the Chrysler line. I watched my dad's Intrepid fall apart over the years.

The Ford GT was supposed to be a supercar to compete with the rest of them. Ask Jeremy Clakson what he thinks of the GT.

Is the Corvette is supposed to be a supercar like the rest of them with a Cavalier steering wheel? A five year old Vette may as well go in the garbage along with its resale value.

American cars have always been and will always be sub par in quality and fit & finish. No amount of time, money or technology has been able to fix this problem and I have no idea why. I wish it weren't so. I wish I could spend my hard earned money on North American products but I just can't burn my money up like that. There is no shortage of cool American cars, fast Amercian cars or reliable Amercian cars, but quality American cars simply do not exist.

If you knew anything about the current car market you would know that American manufacturers are putting out well built cars, especially Ford.

If you knew anything about the current car market you would know that American manufacturers are putting out well built cars, especially Ford.

What do you define as the current car market? 2008+ 2010+? Every domestic vehicle that I have driven has the same quality issues. After 50,000km they turn to shit. Unless Ford revolutionized their manufacturing capabilities for the 2011 model year (which they didn't) then my argument is sound. Again I must stress that I wish it wasn't the case because I would love to support North American products but I can't. Also I must stress that there is no shortage of fun reliable American cars either. I'm talking strictly the fit and finish. You can validate my argument my looking at resale values of 3 year old American vehicles vs resale values of similar Euro and Jap brands.

I dont believe though that these mustangs (excluding the v6) will depreciate as much especially the boss and gt500. Nobody wants the v6 stang and thats why the mustang depreciated quite a bit, and the older pre 2005 were also not that great but the redesigned mustang especially the 2010's and 2011's I dont see them doing as bad as the others. But yes other than the mustang and the f-series trucks american cars usually do depreciate a lot. For many reasons not only reliability.

The 2010 and 2011 mustangs are probably the nicest ones in a long while i'd even go far to say that this is probably the nicest mustang since 1978, and for that reason wont depreciate as much.

Back