News: D'autres nouvelles de la FT-86

Si prometteur comme modele et Toyota viennent de tout scrapper le ''hype''...

Bravo!

En amérique; c'est pas nouveau, contrairement au Japon ou autre, L'image de toyota en amérique ne tient que sur la Camry et la Corolla et non sur des sportive!!!

Et surtout que une propulsion se vend a peu prêt a seulement 30000 exemplaire par marché, ou moins, Toyota n'a rien a foutre !!!

Quand la nouvelle scion a sortie il y a 1 ou 2 mois, je savais qu'il y avait quelque chose de bizarre avec la FT-86

C'est le seul moyen pour Toyota d'être rentable dans se projet de compact propulsion = Laliance avec Subaru et se servir des Scion pour faire un dérivé a caractère plus sportif

Wow, plein de média et Toyota eux même disait il y a 1 mois que c'était la voiture la plus attendu !@#$%?&* les gênes de la légendaire AE86 lol !!!!

Il ont créer le hype pour vendre et puis c tout.

Je vais à Vegas la semaine prochaine pour le meeting de Toyota, je vous donne des nouvelles quand je reviens, je vais essayer de faire part de vos inquiétudes à l'équipe de Toyota.

the FT-86 will be what it is. A newer version of the AE86. Underpowered RWD. IF only it was less expensive then it would be perfect. If you want POWER then dont go for a Genesis or an FT-86... Go for a Corvette or a Camaro... Dont look at any 4 cyl car and say "Oh its now powerful enough" There is no replacement for displacement. You dont know how much fun an underpowered RWD vehicle is until you drive one. I've been daily driving my AE86 SR5 for the last 4 years and its awesome. 60hp RWD Manual Open Diff. No its not fast what so ever. But its fun as hell!

But for sure it would be a lot more fun with 300hp and a LSD. You just gotta have respect for a vehicle like that. I would take the FT-86 over any Civic or Focus or any FWD POS that is "considered" a sports car...

The AE86 is a legend for a Underpowered RWD car. The only reason why it has respect is because ppl can drift the shit out of them with 115hp and win while other ppl are pumping over 350whp and do as good or not as good.

If the STI engine is a bolt for the FT86 then this would be a seriously the true power plant that should have been an option IMO. STI is 300hp (240whp through the AWD drive train) so with less loss of drive train strain it would be probably 280WHP and freakin fast.

But again this is only made to bring back the Toyota Corolla GTS AE86. There was no reason why its production stopped. Sure the supra and MR2 were Toyota's 2 biggest sports cars but look... They both stopped also.

I think the Supra the FT86 and the Spyder should all be on the market with new designs and better power plants.

Look at Honda they canceled the S2000... WTF... WHY?!

Car companies think there is no more market for sport cars anymore. With hikes in gas prices and the economy going to shit and the New World Order starting to take place, They really dont want us to be having fun. They want us to drive shit cars and pay our taxes and die.

anyways... thats my thought

Evan666 you are absolutely correct. I think to the people who love light weight, FR cars power is not the only issue. Engine swaps are always an option but displacement is not the only answer to power.

I would still never buy a Hyundai. Possibly the crappiest car brand in the world even though they are getting better.

Older cars under 1,000 kilos like S13 with a stock SR making 205hp in 1990 is still more fun to drive than the Genesis, no questions asked.

What all of us should hope for is lighter stronger materials and efficiency. AE86 are paper thin metal and a high revving 4age or even the supercharged 4agze ( not the best motor in my opinion ) will still be more fun than most cars produced today even though theyre slow as balls. All we can do is wait and see. Some guys put 1UZFE the 4.0 Aluminum light weight V8 in the AE86 and some 2JZdett and some SR20s or even big block chevy swaps. I for one like the balance and a car I can predict. Its not fun to smash your car into a wall and im sure some of you know this.

Its nice enough of Toyota to be bringing this thing back to reality. Sure the new Supra or LFA is priced so high, that not many guys in their right minds would pay a premium like that for a Lexus unless you are the son of an Arab Sheikh, but for a reasonable 25-30K the FT-86 will be guaranteed fun.

the ft-86 will be what it is. A newer version of the ae86. Underpowered rwd. If only it was less expensive then it would be perfect. If you want power then dont go for a genesis or an ft-86... Go for a corvette or a camaro... Dont look at any 4 cyl car and say "oh its now powerful enough" there is no replacement for displacement. You dont know how much fun an underpowered rwd vehicle is until you drive one. I've been daily driving my ae86 sr5 for the last 4 years and its awesome. 60hp rwd manual open diff. No its not fast what so ever. But its fun as hell!

But for sure it would be a lot more fun with 300hp and a lsd. You just gotta have respect for a vehicle like that. I would take the ft-86 over any civic or focus or any fwd pos that is "considered" a sports car...

The ae86 is a legend for a underpowered rwd car. The only reason why it has respect is because ppl can drift the shit out of them with 115hp and win while other ppl are pumping over 350whp and do as good or not as good.

If the sti engine is a bolt for the ft86 then this would be a seriously the true power plant that should have been an option imo. Sti is 300hp (240whp through the awd drive train) so with less loss of drive train strain it would be probably 280whp and freakin fast.

But again this is only made to bring back the toyota corolla gts ae86. There was no reason why its production stopped. Sure the supra and mr2 were toyota's 2 biggest sports cars but look... They both stopped also.

I think the supra the ft86 and the spyder should all be on the market with new designs and better power plants.

Look at honda they canceled the s2000... Wtf... Why?!

Car companies think there is no more market for sport cars anymore. With hikes in gas prices and the economy going to shit and the new world order starting to take place, they really dont want us to be having fun. They want us to drive shit cars and pay our taxes and die.

Anyways... Thats my thought

amen!!!!!!!!!

The car is now called the FT-86 II and will be unveiled at the Geneva Auto show.

And the teaser

toyota-ft-86-ii-concept-teaser-photo.jpg

Back