not cool

Pri

my wheels lugs on my rear right wheel seem to be mysteriously disappearing.
last week i noticed one missing and lastnight i noticed another one gone...

what could cause this? thief? enemy? ex-girlfriend? honda driver?

It could be a lot of things, i lost 3 in less than 2hours, ask the guys from the deutschfest, i almost lost a wheel in sherbrooke in the begining of the summer.

Did you take the wheels off recently?

Buy 5 VW locking lug bolt kits off ecs tuning and mix them up! 15$x5= 75$ for peace of mind...unlesss you have spacers with longer bolts :S

i have spacers on all four corners...

i just checked all the wheels and the lugs are tight.. one was little loose...

not good

3 of my wheel lugs came off my RC's a couple years ago on their own, luckily i had the big centre caps on and it kept them from falling out onto the street.

could be spacers, and poor placement

its not uncommon for wheel bolts to come loose..could be a couple things causing this

1:in proper torque
2:wrong shaped bolts(rounded,conical) using the wrong type with the mags
3:compression of spacers over time

simple vibration of the roads you drive on can cause this...

just torque them down to spec or a little more with a torque wrench you know is on spec..or that has been calibrated not lond ago..i would recommend a snap-on one they are always on point!

i think with the spacer getting smaller due to cool weather may be the cause...
i didnt see any tamper on the wheels, cause if some douchebag tried removing my bolts... he would have scratched the paint for sure...

so i just put two new lugs and torque all around...

about four years ago i was driving along Hymus about to cross St-jean and out of no where i heard CLUNK-left front of my car dropped-next my rim's crossing the road!lool.. pretty sure was cause' the stalk bolts wernt long enough for my rims...- got that tire back on so fast ppl working in the pits at nascar woulda gave me props...:thefingerhahaa..

make sure your bolts are long enough since your using spacers,the right bolt seat and they should thread in at minimum the same as the diameter of the bolt.

i have the proper bolts for my wheels... i always cross torque my wheels...

like i said... this set up has been on my car for 2 years...

so its odd... this is probably the longest that i have ever kept my wheels on... usually by now i am running my winters cause its usually friggin freezing out

Back